[Ambient/Piano] Sunset for the Owl
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 15-03-2014, 06:43 AM   #1
Evoava
Sample Destroyer
Evoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2110
[Ambient/Piano] Sunset for the Owl

I'm trying a more emotional piece this time. When I listen to this I kind of picture an owl waking up before the sunset, and the nightlife waking up along with him. Also, train sounds in the distance.

Advertisements

------------------
Some IDM for the IDM forum

Me Soundclewd
Evoava is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Ambient/Piano] Sunset for the Owl.
Old 15-03-2014, 07:03 PM   #2
SUN of IRA
Soundwave Mangler
SUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant future
Manchester
MC Status: 1560
Re: [Ambient/Piano] Sunset for the Owl

Some nice textures and melodies going on here. Great use of the whole spectrum, frequency wise and space/depth. I don't listen to much ambient music so don't have a lot to compare to but, this is good.

------------------
SUN of IRA is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2014, 08:57 PM   #3
MOSN
Microknight
MOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant futureMOSN has a brilliant future
Milton Keynes
MC Status: 1810

Very nice. I can hear all sorts in there. The echoey sounds have a kind of underwater feel. The deep bass and high frequency distortion sounds make me think deep space and then the part in the middle as you describe it, with the piano. Relaxing and interesting to study with the ears.
MOSN is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 12:03 AM   #4
Threshold Seven
Analog Lurker
Threshold Seven is currently spamming hard
Minnesota
MC Status: 10

After reading your description I envisioned a time lapse video of a sunset and night-wildlife and then the sun rising again at the end. something about slow ambient that goes well with super fast time lapse video of nature. Really good production.

------------------
Threshold Seven - The Abduction of Alina Jane
Threshold Seven is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 05:45 AM   #5
Evoava
Sample Destroyer
Evoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
After reading your description I envisioned a time lapse video of a sunset and night-wildlife and then the sun rising again at the end. something about slow ambient that goes well with super fast time lapse video of nature. Really good production.
Hey, it might even work better with some breakbeats. I know what you mean. I think that a more uptempo house/hip hop thing would work even better for that kinda stuff.

Quote:
Very nice. I can hear all sorts in there. The echoey sounds have a kind of underwater feel. The deep bass and high frequency distortion sounds make me think deep space and then the part in the middle as you describe it, with the piano. Relaxing and interesting to study with the ears.
Thank you! I've been trying to move away from the ambient + noise thing. Noise is such a big thing though in ambient. It's hard to fill that space if you know what I mean.

Quote:
I don't listen to much ambient music so don't have a lot to compare to but, this is good.
I'm told that a ton. I'm not sure what that really means or implies. Maybe it sounds like a mix of something else outside of typical ambient music. Thing is, I'm also not a big fan of ambient music, but I like the idea. So I just roll with it.

------------------

Me Soundclewd
Old 21-03-2014, 07:57 AM   #6
gatefour
Sample Destroyer
gatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

Very nice tune, I totally can picture the sunset. I think you nailed the vibe and mood.

Liked all the ambient sounds, the train noise is cool, however there's this one part I kinda wished it didn't so that glitchy (it's like the train sound was getting chopped up and glitched up). Not a big deal though really, probably needs some time to get used to.

------------------
Gate Four

Soundcloud // Bandcamp // Luminance EP

gatefour is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 12:53 AM   #7
Evoava
Sample Destroyer

Quote:
Very nice tune, I totally can picture the sunset. I think you nailed the vibe and mood.

Liked all the ambient sounds, the train noise is cool, however there's this one part I kinda wished it didn't so that glitchy (it's like the train sound was getting chopped up and glitched up). Not a big deal though really, probably needs some time to get used to.
Woah, got a random reply O.o

Anyway, yeah I'm not surprised that you see the train sound like that, as it's layered over the train sound, so you're probably hearing the two being combined.

What do you mean you need time to get used to it? Like over the duration of the track?

------------------

Me Soundclewd
Old 24-03-2014, 02:57 AM   #8
gatefour
Sample Destroyer
gatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to allgatefour is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoava View Post
Woah, got a random reply O.o

Anyway, yeah I'm not surprised that you see the train sound like that, as it's layered over the train sound, so you're probably hearing the two being combined.

What do you mean you need time to get used to it? Like over the duration of the track?
Oh, I just meant that I felt the 2nd train sound sounded a bit odd the first time I played it, and that I probably just need to listen to it a couple more times to "get used to it". Just my subjective observation.

Advertisements

------------------
Gate Four

Soundcloud // Bandcamp // Luminance EP

gatefour is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote