Your list of essential ambient artists - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Ambient / Downtempo Discussion of music similar to Brian Eno, Sigur Rós, FSOL, The Orb, Biosphere.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:05 PM   #61
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ
MC Status: 91357123
Re: Your list of essential ambient artists

For quite a long time, Akira Yamaoka and the Silent Hill game soundtracks have made more of an impression than most ambient music..That and older stuff like Coil, cold meat industry artists, death in june, etc etc..

I'm hesitant to mention that, though, because there's this retarded fan culture that's grown Not around silent hill but more the fucking evil nurses and pyramid head..

Seriously, ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING EVIL NURSES AND PYRAMID HEADS YOU VAPID BASTARDS!

it's really good music, though. I thought the games were terrible, especially after 3 and 4..Even the 'good' games weren't that great actually. It was always about the soundtracks and the music..it isn't worth playing the games to hear the music, a lot of it only plays for a few seconds..

Advertisements

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:57 PM   #62
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt
Yzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MC
MC Status: 30760

White Origins :-P

------------------
** UTTERLY FECKIN' BRILLIANT TUNE **
https://soundcloud.com/windfallen/kernow

coming soon on my label ....I wish
Yzarc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 09:16 PM   #63
Ambient Epicuro
Regular Freak
Ambient Epicuro will become famous soon enoughAmbient Epicuro will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

Vangelis
Steve Roach
Namlook
Ian Boddy

... sooo many
Ambient Epicuro is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2014, 04:34 AM   #64
Reubino
Minor Glitch
Reubino is a splendid one to beholdReubino is a splendid one to beholdReubino is a splendid one to beholdReubino is a splendid one to beholdReubino is a splendid one to beholdReubino is a splendid one to beholdReubino is a splendid one to behold
Melbourne
MC Status: 710

Vangelis
Enigma
Deep Forest
Jean Michel Jarre
Art of Noise
Enya
Xerxes - Klaus Lunde
Carbon Based Lifeforms

Also the Amiga Demoscene artists/musicians from the 80's and 90's had a lot of great ambient tracks that came out of that movement.
Reubino is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 11:37 PM   #65
unstaticnoise
Granular Poster
unstaticnoise is a savage MCunstaticnoise is a savage MCunstaticnoise is a savage MCunstaticnoise is a savage MCunstaticnoise is a savage MCunstaticnoise is a savage MCunstaticnoise is a savage MCunstaticnoise is a savage MCunstaticnoise is a savage MCunstaticnoise is a savage MCunstaticnoise is a savage MC
MC Status: 540089

Okay, were're not sure if this thread is alive or asleep, but for anybody who'd ever read this and probably start / expand their adventure with ambient music we're obliged to recommend Gas for a more biological + dark + cleansing experience. It's a pity that we discovered him so late.

------------------
unstaticnoise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 12:08 AM   #66
Smile_Price
Soundwave Mangler
Smile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960

Svarte Greiner, obviously, Belong, a bunch...

The thing that bothers me though, is that when I talk about ambient music people are like "What, like Bonobo?"

Bonobo is as lively as mainstream trash, but people just can't feel anything without lyrics. That's why great music like Tycho gets pigeon-holed as study music. If you like it, don't patronize it.
Smile_Price is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 07:28 PM   #67
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile_Price View Post
Svarte Greiner, obviously, Belong, a bunch...

The thing that bothers me though, is that when I talk about ambient music people are like "What, like Bonobo?"

Bonobo is as lively as mainstream trash, but people just can't feel anything without lyrics. That's why great music like Tycho gets pigeon-holed as study music. If you like it, don't patronize it.
Instrumental and ambient seem to get confused quite a bit. I'm also 99% sure that if you click on Spotify or L.FM's ambient radio, you get rock music (like shoegaze) and 90's trip hop. :badger:
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 07:38 PM   #68
Yzarc
Savage Mad Cunt
Yzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MCYzarc is a savage MC
MC Status: 30760

Brain One

------------------
** UTTERLY FECKIN' BRILLIANT TUNE **
https://soundcloud.com/windfallen/kernow

coming soon on my label ....I wish
Yzarc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:03 AM   #69
Hippy_nuke
Minor Glitch
Hippy_nuke will become famous soon enoughHippy_nuke will become famous soon enough
East Oregon
MC Status: 110

William Basinski, hands down. Brian Eno as well.

Advertisements

Hippy_nuke is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote