Don't know exactly what I'm looking for... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Ambient / Downtempo Discussion of music similar to Brian Eno, Sigur Rós, FSOL, The Orb, Biosphere.

Old 22-03-2016, 04:36 PM   #21
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 17760
Re: Don't know exactly what I'm looking for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
liquid stranger he usually does left field electronic dub/chill, which is awesome (and sometimes he does typical grimy dubstep, which is some of the worst stuff he's ever done... but still much better than most of the other crap from this shit genre)
FTFY
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, maybe you'll like this dude from Chicago, Edamame. follow the links from his SC for some free album downloads:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

iDoG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to iDoG
relic (22-03-2016)
Old 22-03-2016, 06:20 PM   #22
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8549380
Thanked 7,169 Times in 5,085 Posts

Alright fellas, I'm getting down to doing some listening catching up here. I think it might have been an accident of my searching...but I'm finding a soft spot for some chillwave, synth pop, dream pop (is that all the same thing? I dunno. I just bought Com Truise's first album and am loving that).

taking some notes here again....

Tipper tunes are pretty dope. Again one of those artists I hear a lot about, but have never really listened to much.

Liquid Stranger is pretty spot on.

Royksopp is great. I like their pop stuff as well. I have their first (?) album somewhere from when I was an undergrad (?). This sample track has me very interested in checking out the whole album.

I like BOP. Again, no I have had a BOP moment in my life at some point almost certainly.

Thanks for all the suggestions @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. All the suggestions after that I've explored or knew of already, but they are good picks!

I can tell you after 30 seconds of the first song on this EP I will be checking this label for sure. I see Biome is on their label. Insta win. Imma check this other label too. I recognize that there are just going to be acoustic instruments at this point. Pure synth based chill seems a rare bird. This thread has truly been a gold mine though. I won't have to do much digging for a while. Also, Shingeto is one I recognize from Chill XM unless they were brought up in this thread previously.

: stumbleine is quite awesome indeed. Great pick there. Very much part of what I feel myself being led towards.

Last edited by relic; 22-03-2016 at 06:38 PM..

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2016, 06:29 PM   #23
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1539127
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,290 Posts

dream pop is another name for like 90's shoegaze stuff.... think Chapterhouse of Lush.

Com Truise IMO falls more into the Synth Wave category. Loads of throwback synths n nostalgia.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chasedobson
relic (22-03-2016)
Old 22-03-2016, 07:59 PM   #24
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80994230
Thanked 4,080 Times in 2,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I can tell you after 30 seconds of the first song on this EP I will be checking this label for sure. I see Biome is on their label. Insta win. Imma check this other label too. I recognize that there are just going to be acoustic instruments at this point. Pure synth based chill seems a rare bird. This thread has truly been a gold mine though. I won't have to do much digging for a while. Also, Shingeto is one I recognize from Chill XM unless they were brought up in this thread previously.
cool, glad you liked some of it. As I said, deep heads' catalogue can be pretty diverse and of varying quality; some of it does have that vocal cheese you talked about. But I'll let you judge for yourself.
Also, one thing I really don't like about this label is the fucking bland album art. Why the fuck would an artist want a release with "dubstep for deep heads" printed on it rather than his name or some sort of art that reflects what the music is like... this actually makes it hard for me to give credit to part of their catalogue. Anyways...

Do you like music like Flying Lotus as well? or is it too close to hip-hop, since I noticed you said you didn't like the "boom bap" drums?

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2016, 08:47 PM   #25
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post
dream pop is another name for like 90's shoegaze stuff.... think Chapterhouse of Lush.

Com Truise IMO falls more into the Synth Wave category. Loads of throwback synths n nostalgia.
I'm clearly out of my element when it comes to this stuff. Many thanks, this will help me a lot when searching about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
cool, glad you liked some of it. As I said, deep heads' catalogue can be pretty diverse and of varying quality; some of it does have that vocal cheese you talked about. But I'll let you judge for yourself.
Also, one thing I really don't like about this label is the fucking bland album art. Why the fuck would an artist want a release with "dubstep for deep heads" printed on it rather than his name or some sort of art that reflects what the music is like... this actually makes it hard for me to give credit to part of their catalogue. Anyways...

Do you like music like Flying Lotus as well? or is it too close to hip-hop, since I noticed you said you didn't like the "boom bap" drums?
I did notice their album art was lame, lol. Not to derail my own thread, but honestly when buying most of my music digitally and listening to it that way, I rarely come across the album art. It isn't like taking a CD out of the case and putting it away.

I like hip hop and I feel like I might like Flying Lotus...the thing with the boom bap drums was just me trying to avoid cheese-y vocal chop Trap suggestions. Not that I actually hate that music, I like it OK in a club when making a drunk fool of myself, but I don't listen listen to it.

------------------
Old 22-03-2016, 08:54 PM   #26
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC

maybe you'd like this release by Culprate that leans more towards chilly/atmospheric rhythmic music while mostly avoiding the cheese

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 22-03-2016, 09:20 PM   #27
Lug
Soxdix

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I did notice their album art was lame, lol. Not to derail my own thread, but honestly when buying most of my music digitally and listening to it that way, I rarely come across the album art. It isn't like taking a CD out of the case and putting it away.
yeh, probably. I've always been sensible to album art, even when it's in a digital format. I know it isn't always the artist's choice and some labels use very formatted art (CPU records just don't give a shit) but it still is very important to me.

btw Shigeto and Devonwho have a free EP you can download here:

's pretty chill too. Has some of that flylo "beat scene" feeling, too.

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Thanks to Lug
relic (22-03-2016)
Old 28-03-2016, 07:04 PM   #28
cane creek
Savage Mad Cunt
cane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MC
Middlesbrough
MC Status: 10532251

------------------
cane creek is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 07:05 PM   #29
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
Nice pick! I've got the album Autumn Bells by Gidge, play it all the time : )

------------------
Old 28-03-2016, 07:09 PM   #30
cane creek
Savage Mad Cunt
cane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MC
Middlesbrough
MC Status: 10532251

Its like the 1980's again in the most coolest way......

Advertisements

------------------
cane creek is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote