IDMf "groups" feature
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 05-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #1
XanderBlake
Radial Developer
XanderBlake is a glorious beacon of lightXanderBlake is a glorious beacon of lightXanderBlake is a glorious beacon of lightXanderBlake is a glorious beacon of lightXanderBlake is a glorious beacon of lightXanderBlake is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510
IDMf "groups" feature

So I really like that IDMf has groups but if I wasn't the super curious type I never would have found it. Also, nobody uses it. I really think they should move it to a more obvious place on the homepage, and make groups you're a part of an easier thing to find. Thoughts?

Advertisements

XanderBlake is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:43 PM   #2
GomesR
IDMf Supporter
GomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MC
MC Status: 67724
Thanked 1,103 Times in 674 Posts
Re: IDMf "groups" feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderBlake View Post
So I really like that IDMf has groups but if I wasn't the super curious type I never would have found it. Also, nobody uses it. I really think they should move it to a more obvious place on the homepage, and make groups you're a part of an easier thing to find. Thoughts?
Honestly, yeah, I think you are right. That, or just get rid of them. I was always bummed when I saw a chance to post something useful and people hadn't posted in over a year or more, kind of made me think they were over it already.

I'm sure the reasons for doing/not doing on admin's side are there though.

Oh.. btw, the "groups" bar is towards the bottom, but it's pretty obvious. Just not flowing like the rest of things

------------------
GomesR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:46 PM   #3
Benwaa

Groups never really took off in any form. They turned out to be a really restricted and messy way of communicating something that could be done much more simply and reach a broader interest base for the topic by just making a thread.
The admins who can remove it don't have much time on their hands and tbh as it's become redundant it's kind of just left their from my own understanding
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:01 AM   #4
XanderBlake
Radial Developer
XanderBlake is a glorious beacon of lightXanderBlake is a glorious beacon of lightXanderBlake is a glorious beacon of lightXanderBlake is a glorious beacon of lightXanderBlake is a glorious beacon of lightXanderBlake is a glorious beacon of light

Well, you should get more mods then. Put the site out on Tumblr and Reddit and stuff. Everyone always says "not your personal army" but you uh, kinda are. You guys can do it just have someone kinda well known make a thread about it.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:33 AM   #5
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
MC Status: 389883206
Thanked 3,294 Times in 2,083 Posts

Quote:
Well, you should get more mods then. Put the site out on Tumblr and Reddit and stuff. Everyone always says "not your personal army" but you uh, kinda are. You guys can do it just have someone kinda well known make a thread about it.
How is any of that relevant to the topic of groups (which don't really work, as benwaa said)?
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #6
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6892909
Thanked 3,274 Times in 1,989 Posts

Ben's nailed it. Users didn't embrace groups so they're just a nice little curiosity.

Quote:
Everyone always says "not your personal army" but you uh, kinda are. You guys can do it just have someone kinda well known make a thread about it.
We kinda aren't. This community is pretty solid and is very good at self moderation. Users didn't pick up on the groups. We tried them out and they were a nice little curiosity. But, if anything, they took away from the experience we valued. Plus there are plenty of other places you can set up groups and there's nothing stopping you from utilising the IDMf groups.

Just don't expect to see any changes or development on the area. Unless of course, you'd like to contribute the cost for development.

------------------
For reference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by God*

satan = f i d
my master, my god, my lord and savior = f i d d y
my boner = f i d e l i u m

* I am not God.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #7
lolirl
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 743999991
Thanked 6,651 Times in 4,163 Posts

It's been explained many times before, but essentially the groups were a hack/workaround of the PM system coding and as such never had nor can have the full functionality of the rest of the forum and from evidence don't really warrant it anyway.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:14 PM   #8
XanderBlake
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Ben's nailed it. Users didn't embrace groups so they're just a nice little curiosity.

We kinda aren't. This community is pretty solid and is very good at self moderation. Users didn't pick up on the groups. We tried them out and they were a nice little curiosity. But, if anything, they took away from the experience we valued. Plus there are plenty of other places you can set up groups and there's nothing stopping you from utilising the IDMf groups.

Just don't expect to see any changes or development on the area. Unless of course, you'd like to contribute the cost for development.
Well hey man my name is spreading FAST so hey when I'm famous I'll drop a G on you guys ;p
Thanks to XanderBlake
Jaded (05-20-2014)
Old 05-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #9
lolirl
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC

Why wait if you're so sure?
Old 05-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #10
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC

Quote:
Well hey man my name is spreading FAST so hey when I'm famous I'll drop a G on you guys ;p
You wouldn't be the first IDMf user who promised never to forget where he came from...

------------------
For reference:
Quote:

satan = f i d

* I am not God.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:45 PM   #11
Benwaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
You wouldn't be the first IDMf user who promised never to forget where he came from...
ah come on, most of them still drop in when they have a release to promote
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
lolirl (05-20-2014)
Old 05-20-2014, 03:56 PM   #12
XanderBlake
Radial Developer

A fella called Clayfac3r showed me this site. I've been writing for eight years and I've come back here over every single iteration of my public persona, you just don't realize it. I'll always love you guys! =3
Old 05-20-2014, 04:02 PM   #13
lolirl

You've obviously had a huge impact on the place then.
Thanks to lolirl
XanderBlake (05-20-2014)
Old 05-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #14
XanderBlake
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
You've obviously had a huge impact on the place then.
/not sure if trolling or serious/
But if serious, how so? I know we're going off topic now but I think it's a question worth asking lol
Old 05-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #15
Benwaa

Permutated??
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #16
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
MC Status: 389883206
Thanked 3,294 Times in 2,083 Posts

Quote:
/not sure if trolling or serious/
But if serious, how so? I know we're going off topic now but I think it's a question worth asking lol
Lol that puff went straight to your head.
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:09 PM   #17
XanderBlake
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
Permutated??
Yeah I've had like 5 or 10 different names over the years, but I've finally decided on Shadow. Xander "Shadow" Blake. And that's what I'll stay from now on. ^^
Old 05-20-2014, 04:11 PM   #18
XanderBlake
Radial Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
Lol that puff went straight to your head.
Yeah no I'm totally lost now. o.o
Old 05-21-2014, 01:03 PM   #19
Jaded
Total mad cunt

But now you're... found?

Advertisements

------------------
For reference:
Quote:

satan = f i d