A message to admins [probably you'll delete this]
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-09-2014, 03:28 AM   #1
arm23
Soundwave Mangler
arm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710
A message to admins [probably you'll delete this]

I have a question?
Why You deleted my post?
I understand forum rulles. There are certain rules. But If I add a track to "listening both" and can't define specific genre of my track, why You deleted my post.

I did not promote, I did not spam, I just want some feedback.

Can You tell me why?

Ps. sorry for my autocorrect.

Advertisements

------------------
Here is the track
arm23 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:42 AM   #2
arm23
Soundwave Mangler
arm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710
Re: Message To admins. [probably You delete this]

And why You can't answer my question but at the same time You can delete my previous post?

Answer please and let this community know!

------------------
Here is the track
arm23 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:48 AM   #3
quizybuck
Soundwave Mangler
quizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond repute
North Carolina
MC Status: 2660

Use the genre label as a learning experience.

I hate tagging my tracks with a specific genre. It always seems like such a generic way to describe the music. Plus, I always feel like I'm labeling it with the wrong genre and as a result am doing a disservice to folks who both work in and seek out that genre. But, in trying to define the genre of my own work, I've learned a lot about the wide variety of genres in electronic music and have stumbled across some great artists in the process.

As for why it was deleted, I'm just guessing here but I can see two reasons:

1) Everyone here uses the same naming format when posting in the LB. One of the cool things about this board is the diversity of artists who come around, and the diversity of songs you can listen to. Having the genre requirement at least gives some order to the chaos.
2)Using a title like "I don't create genre" is kinda snobby.
quizybuck is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:46 AM   #4
Zoopy
Microknight
Zoopy is a savage MCZoopy is a savage MCZoopy is a savage MCZoopy is a savage MCZoopy is a savage MCZoopy is a savage MCZoopy is a savage MCZoopy is a savage MCZoopy is a savage MCZoopy is a savage MCZoopy is a savage MC
Eugene, OR
MC Status: 102306

sounds like you are just bad at the internet

------------------
Zoopy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:33 AM   #5
A_L_Koide
Granular Poster
A_L_Koide is a glorious beacon of lightA_L_Koide is a glorious beacon of lightA_L_Koide is a glorious beacon of lightA_L_Koide is a glorious beacon of lightA_L_Koide is a glorious beacon of light
Utah
MC Status: 460

Just use one that is somewhat related to...I think artists dislike genres in general. They all come about from people who "need" to call works of art "something" but they end up being cognitive shortcuts decorated with "rules" which I personally refer to as bullshit ornaments.

Nevertheless we all have to follow the rules of these forums or else things may get out of control...

------------------
A_L_Koide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:35 AM   #6
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1523077
Thanked 1,697 Times in 1,110 Posts

its a rules thing.

just do it.

call it [poopcore], or whatever you want. just add the brackets.

otherwise..... DELETE.

if you want a lot of people to check out your tunes call it [post-dub-step-electro-core-pre-next-trend-step-ever]

it really doesn't matter what you put in the brackets, just put something in there.

[im out]

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:06 AM   #7
fidelium
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
\(_o)/
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,731 Posts

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:23 AM   #8
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883206
Thanked 3,294 Times in 2,083 Posts

This.

Your thread title was:
I don't create genre I create music.

It should have been:
[electronic] arm23 - my magical pony

So I'm not sure what you're confused about. There's a rule. You didn't adhere to it. Your thread got deleted.
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #9
lolirl
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 743994791
Thanked 6,547 Times in 4,101 Posts

Beautiful juxtaposition of title and facts.

Quote:
Thread deleted by arm23

I love it when people come here, do as they please and then moan about it when we take action as clearly stated in the rules and guidelines they signed up to.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #10
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.
MC Status: 421867929
Thanked 4,799 Times in 2,777 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
I don't create genre I create music.

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vlantis
Triton64 (02-11-2014)
Old 02-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #11
Phomorian72
Soundwave Mangler
Phomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant future
Sevilla
MC Status: 1860

Come on @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
take it easy and don't be arrogant. It sounds like you feel you're the only one that find difficult to label his own tracks...why don't you repost it as [unlabeled] or [unknown genre] or [my own style]..? hundred of possibilities are there before deliberately breaking the rules. Any way I highly recommend to include in the brackets any style similar to your track as I (and probably the most ) only listen to tracks labeled with some of the styles I'm interested in.
Phomorian72 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #12
PROton42
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 28850
Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm23 View Post
And why You can't answer my question but at the same time You can delete my previous post?

Answer please and let this community know!
Because I went to sleep right after I deleted your post.

Now the community can rest easy (similar to the way I did).

------------------
[PegasiaMusic033] Proton 42 - Fallacracy (streaming/download)

Mixcloud DJ Sets | I want to remix your music. (still!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollymehta View Post
Music theory is the study of how notes flow, work and mixing.
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:47 PM   #13
lolirl
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phomorian72 View Post
Come on @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
take it easy and don't be arrogant. It sounds like you feel you're the only one that find difficult to label his own tracks...why don't you repost it as [unlabeled] or [unknown genre] or [my own style]..? hundred of possibilities are there before deliberately breaking the rules. Any way I highly recommend to include in the brackets any style similar to your track as I (and probably the most ) only listen to tracks labeled with some of the styles I'm interested in.
It's not that we think he deliberately broke the rules tbh, lots of people do it, but so do lots of spammers and that's why we use this rule. It's much easier to assume everyone who isn't using the guidelines is a spammer than spend a long time looking at each individual thread.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #14
PROton42
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC

I think I can sum up this issue with a small infographic,

Here we can clearly see how things like the sticky threads with listening booth rules fall just outside of the average user's range of visual detail.

------------------

Quote:
Old 02-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #15
ajdangles
Savage Mad Cunt
ajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond repute
Hamilton
MC Status: 9110

i had one of my tracks deleted too for the same thing. idrc tbh, but maybe there could be a way for the mods or the creator to edit the thread title to avoid angry posts like this in the future... i could see it being a little annoying or disheartening to some forum newbie who posts his track, actually gets some feedback, and then can't reply to it because the thread got deleted.
ajdangles is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:35 PM   #16
PROton42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdangles View Post
maybe there could be a way for the mods or the creator to edit the thread title to avoid angry posts like this in the future...
Precisely, and then everyone can start putting whatever in the thread title because moderators just love editing everyone's thread titles.

We don't have a lot of rules regarding the listening booth, they're not hidden, they're purely for organizational purposes (we're not being elitists or selective about what you can and can not post in the listening booth), and in the end a lot of people really aren't even trying to follow them even though they know better.

Besides, I love angry posts like this (I can't and don't speak for the other mods at all). They're much better than angry listening booth threads without some kind of heads up before people listen to something they don't want to and feel the need to start angry listening booth threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
I do that in cases where it's easy to find those things out actually, but it can be very time consuming and a bit of a ballache when there's 10.
Yeah, once in a while people genuinely don't know and I will go out of my way to add a genre tag of some sort - I still have to send them a PM about "the rules".

What I get a particular chuckle out of this thread is that the OP has posted in the listening booth before, following the rules!

Last edited by PROton42; 02-10-2014 at 05:41 PM..

------------------

Quote:
Old 02-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #17
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 78650
Thanked 1,547 Times in 1,049 Posts

Quote:
i had one of my tracks deleted too for the same thing. idrc tbh, but maybe there could be a way for the mods or the creator to edit the thread title to avoid angry posts like this in the future... i could see it being a little annoying or disheartening to some forum newbie who posts his track, actually gets some feedback, and then can't reply to it because the thread got deleted.
That would be a fair bit more work though for them. Delete seems fine when the rules thread specifically says - if you don't label it correctly, it will be deleted.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Oatbag
PROton42 (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #18
lolirl

Quote:
I do that in cases where it's easy to find those things out actually, but it can be very time consuming and a bit of a ballache when there's 10.

Why people can do all that stuff over at SC of their own free will but not here when we ask them too baffles me a bit aswell tbh.
If you can't be arsed to read the guidelines and post accordingly why would you be surprised when your track gets removed?

I find that once people have had a track removed they very quickly get around to figuring out how to post according to the rules.

The idea that the whole forum should pander to noobs is frankly ridiculous.
Thanks to lolirl
relic (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #19
ajdangles
Savage Mad Cunt
ajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond repute
Hamilton
MC Status: 9110

yeah it's true - if your track gets deleted you'll know for the next time. it should stay that way.

i hesitate to say it would be a lot more work for the mods, though - i mean, if you're going to PM someone telling them your track is removed, perhaps that time could be spent PMing them and telling them, "hey, change your thread title or i'm gonna delete it in x amt of time."

i mean for someone like me who should know better, you can go right ahead and delete it, but for a new user, there's a good chance now that he won't wanna stay invested in the community. i mean, it is a pretty nitpicky rule that is unique to this forum... it can be easy to miss or forget about, even if it is pasted very boldly in the listening booth. but admittedly, this guy did deserve it, lol.

Quote:
What I get a particular chuckle out of this thread is that the OP has posted in the listening booth before, following the rules!
haha, okay yeah, he's just being a shit disturber now...

Quote:
Precisely, and then everyone can start putting whatever in the thread title because moderators just love editing everyone's thread titles.
what do you mean ? i can already put whatever i want in the thread title when i create it. the only thread title you could edit is your own. you really think people would abuse it and keep editing after you edited it just to fuck with you guys?

edit: actually yeah, now that i think about it, someone like this guy definitely would. guess my idea isnt so good after all.
ajdangles is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #20
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.
MC Status: 421867929
Thanked 4,799 Times in 2,777 Posts

No, he means that if the mods were more lax about the rules and changing everybody's thread titles instead of deleting them, then more people probably wouldn't stick to that rule and just post whatever in the thread title.

And you actually cannot rename your own thread, so PMing people and telling them to rename their thread wouldn't work. I wish you could rename your threads, though.

Advertisements

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote