What are your favorite Burial tracks? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Old 12-06-2015, 12:26 AM   #21
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8564480
Thanked 7,471 Times in 5,276 Posts
Re: What are your favorite Burial tracks?

What does anyone think of that Temple Sleeper tune?

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:28 AM   #22
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6906609
Thanked 3,548 Times in 2,148 Posts

I like his older stuff. His newer stuff all sounds the same though. And those tracks he and Four Tet did together cheapens them both.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:31 AM   #23
relic
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Personally I can't stand the Four Tet collabs.

------------------
Old 12-06-2015, 12:40 AM   #24
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6906609
Thanked 3,548 Times in 2,148 Posts

Man, there's so much hype over nothing. Four Tet was so much cooler when he wrote music instead of what he does now... which seems to be just rehashing a few ideas he picked up from Border Community.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:23 PM   #25
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator
deadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MC
MC Status: 175278290
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,950 Posts

The Four Tet collabs are great. Wolf Cub sounded like a plain and typical mix of both their stuff, but Moth and Nova are two of the best Burial songs.

Listening to Temple Sleeper now. Pretty cool. More arpy than I want Burial's stuff to be I guess, and none of the usual charm and hook to the vocals. And the arp just came back in but sounds like it sits against the beat now, which sounds a little awkward and is making the song drag slightly. 4 minutes now, this would be a good time for the song to end, but it all just changed up. It's okay.
deadmau7 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #26
relic
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

yea that Temple Sleeper was quite odd I of but I don't follow him that closely these days

------------------
Old 05-10-2015, 04:21 PM   #27
darklights
Regular Freak
darklights is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

i love the whole "untrue"-album,
"near dark" is a very good tune, funny how you at first dislike the vocals and then they stay in your head and you want to hear them again and again...
darklights is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:08 PM   #28
SubVersion
Minor Glitch
SubVersion is a jewel in the roughSubVersion is a jewel in the roughSubVersion is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

I have a few

Dog Shelter
Night Bus
Forgive
Distant Lights
Broken Home
U Hurt Me
Southern Comfort
Come Down To Us
And the "Holding you, couldn't be alone, couldn't be alone" inimitable "Untrue" track.
SubVersion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 12:53 AM   #29
SWIM_DEEP
Analog Lurker
SWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of light
Riga
MC Status: 510

loved the Bloc Party - Where is Home (Burial remix) since teenage years

not sure which track is favourite though
SWIM_DEEP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #30
DOLGAP
Granular Poster
DOLGAP is just really niceDOLGAP is just really niceDOLGAP is just really niceDOLGAP is just really nice
MC Status: 360

First album:
-Wounder
-Night Bus
-Distant Lights
-U Hurt Me

2nd album:
-Ghost Hardware
-Endorphin
-Shell of Light
-Homeless
-UK

The others:
-Nite Train
-Shutta
-the whole collaboration with Massive Attack
-NYC
-Loner
-Ashtray Wasp
-Rough Sleeper (even the last 5 minutes with thath beat)
-Come Down To Us
-Unite
-Lambeth
DOLGAP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 12:39 AM   #31
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110450
Thanked 2,183 Times in 1,416 Posts

I don't usually love Burial - find lots of his stuff really boring but I've been digging on Fostercare recently. It's funny because it's not really different than other things he's done. Must be me.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #32
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Deadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond repute
Norfolk
MC Status: 2110

Shutta and Kindred are my two most favs. The collaboration with Fortet was awesome too. Moth is what I think it was called
Deadly Rhythm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Deadly Rhythm
deadmau7 (06-07-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 04:03 PM   #33
localspace
Analog Lurker
localspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710

The older tougher stuff he did.. Like Prayer, You Hurt Me. I think his newer stuff is too woozy, soft and long. For my tastes, that is. I think he's lost a lot of the focus he had with those first release.. it was all hurt or all longing on those tracks.. The newer ones are just sprawling undefined washes of sound to me. If you're into that, it's probably brilliant to you, but I'm not.

I'm still waiting for that album he club tracks he promised once. I figure he looks down a bit on club music, but he really had an awesome touch for it.

Advertisements

localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote