[Tech? House] James Pingel - One Big Chord
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 14-05-2018, 04:14 PM   #1
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 26660
[Tech? House] James Pingel - One Big Chord

So the name is absolutely a misnomer, this is not made with one chord, but with at least 4. With that out of the way, this got a little longer than most of the stuff I do, and I feel like it starts to drag a bit in the middle section, and a little in the second breakdown. I'm pretty sure I need to shorten the second breakdown, but for the middle should I add another breakdown or should I just lift out about half that section? Ending is also not final and I'm open to suggestions. No fadeouts.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Tech? House] James Pingel - One Big Chord.
Old 14-05-2018, 05:40 PM   #2
tristcarmichael
Analog Lurker
tristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of light
Cape Town
MC Status: 460
Re: [Tech? House] James Pingel - One Big Chord

Very cool synth(chord stabs) What is it? Hardware ?

------------------
tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 07:39 PM   #3
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 26660

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristcarmichael View Post
Very cool synth(chord stabs) What is it? Hardware ?
The main chord that comes in first thing is dune 2 and the stabs that come in later are a Diva patch I made. M1 Preset for the lead and Bassimo 2 slightly modified default for the bass, 808 (d16 nepheton) for the drums. It's just mixed well to give it a bit of an analog vibe without going into crazy territory.

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2018, 12:55 PM   #4
tristcarmichael
Analog Lurker
tristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of lighttristcarmichael is a glorious beacon of light
Cape Town
MC Status: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
The main chord that comes in first thing is dune 2 and the stabs that come in later are a Diva patch I made. M1 Preset for the lead and Bassimo 2 slightly modified default for the bass, 808 (d16 nepheton) for the drums. It's just mixed well to give it a bit of an analog vibe without going into crazy territory.
Sounds very analog. Well done!

------------------
tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2018, 05:44 PM   #5
Coppacabanixx
IDMf's latest spammer
Coppacabanixx is currently spamming hard
Rio
MC Status: 10

I like, slow down the bpm's, find a retro vocal, and start to remember Kraftwerk productions. You have an electro or synthpop with great potential in your hands, but you have to work a little more.

Advertisements

Coppacabanixx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote