AAS Synth Sound Packs: Simply Recreate?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 18-08-2017, 09:56 AM   #1
Bluesh1ft
Knob Twiddler
Bluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond repute
In another world, usually
MC Status: 2110
AAS Synth Sound Packs: Simply Recreate?

Do the sound designers that make patches for synth companies, do they have any special tools or are they simply using what everyone else uses? I am wondering also if there is a way to share patches ( not the commercial ones) in the same way like other synth communities share? Anybody have experience with this company?

Advertisements

Bluesh1ft is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 10:58 AM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171760
Thanked 3,435 Times in 2,563 Posts
Re: AAS Synth Sound Packs: Simply Recreate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesh1ft View Post
Do the sound designers that make patches for synth companies, do they have any special tools or are they simply using what everyone else uses? I am wondering also if there is a way to share patches ( not the commercial ones) in the same way like other synth communities share? Anybody have experience with this company?

Not really sure what you're asking here..how does AAS tally in with the questions you asked before you're last one?

a) Just like the rest of us, no two sound designers are alike..and each uses god only knows what to make the sounds they make. Some more than likely use some of the same things we do, while others certainly use things we don't have or can't afford..or wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

b) You'll have to take that up with Admin, I guess..by sending them a PM or making a post [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
in the "Suggestions & Feedback" section of the forum. Just making a post asking others doesn't really work, without it being made sticky or a new section created for it, as such a post would just slip down into the IDMf quagmire of threads and other posts that are made daily on here, never to be seen again.

c) Yes..I have a a good few of their sound sets and a couple of their programs. Tbh, the interfaces of the latter are a bit dated looking, but they are really solid programs worth the price, if you know how to use a synth, that is.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Bluesh1ft (18-08-2017)
Old 05-09-2017, 07:04 PM   #3
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 18160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesh1ft View Post
are you talking in general because when i do banks for sylenth for vandalisim i save them as a fxb pach bank and i start off with sylenth initilised here a sound i think is dooable in sylenth and make them and then save the patches as a bank.
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to joem
A.M (05-09-2017)
Old 05-09-2017, 07:40 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171760
Thanked 3,435 Times in 2,563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
are you talking in general because when i do banks for sylenth for vandalisim i save them as a fxb pach bank and i start off with sylenth initilised here a sound i think is dooable in sylenth and make them and then save the patches as a bank.
I thought all .fxb files (banks) were unique to the individual synths they're made for..meaning you can't make just one kind of .fxb file and have it open in any synth?

Any I missing something here? I thought you needed some sort of converter to make them compatible with the synth you want to use them with..or, at least, extract the sounds for use with another program?

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote