< < < Soundscapes Challenge > > >
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:22 PM   #1
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 184410
Thanked 3,688 Times in 2,749 Posts
< < < Soundscapes Challenge > > >

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definition of soundscape, as it appears on [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
:
"..a mélange (mixture) of musical and sometimes nonmusical sounds"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE ONGOING CHALLENGE:

Produce a "Quality" Soundscape in the time given..of between 5 and 10 minutes length, using the supplied Field Recording as a main feature of the track.

Soundscape Examples

BASIC "HOW TO" ARTICLE:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

THE RULES:

• The Winner of the last Challenge will host the next Challenge, for which they must supply a Field Recording.
  • The Field Recording MUST be "Good Quality", free of recording "pops and clicks".
  • The Field Recording MUST be free to distribute for both non-commercial and commercial use.
  • Soundscapes can be either musical or non-musical in nature.
  • The use of Drums IS NOT ALLOWED..unless they are already part of the Field Recording being used.
  • Feel free to shorten or loop the sample if you need to and use different pieces of it. You may also add whatever FX you like to it..but the original sample must be recognizable in your finished track.
  • Anyone can take part by posting their entry in the current Challenge thread.
  • All submissions must be between 5 and 10 minutes long.
  • ALL SUBMITTIONS MUST BE POSTED IN THIS THREAD!!!
  • The use of any synths and/or FX (Hardware or Software..or both) is allowed
  • The Winner / next Challenge Host will be the person whose track received the most votes once voting has closed.
  • Any forum member can vote, regardless of if they participated or not.
  • In case of a draw, the Host gets to pick the winning track from the submissions tied for first place.
  • The Winner then gets to choose the theme (Dark/Drone/Space/Industrial/Noise/Nature etc.) and supply the Field Recording for the next Challenge.

THE DEADLINE:

CURRENTLY BEING DEBATED

CURRENT CHALLENGE:

The current ("OPEN") challenge is linked below

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

CURRENT CHALLENGE ENDS IN:

TIMER WILL BE POSTED HERE WHEN DEADLINE HAS BEEN SET

COMPLETED CHALLENGES
(Links to past challenges)

Links to be added here

Last edited by A.M; 13-12-2017 at 03:41 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:25 PM   #2
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
SOUNDSCAPE CHALLENGE 001

SOUNDSCAPE CHALLENGE 001

Below are the main points you need to know for this challenge..

Produce a "Quality" Soundscape in the time given..of between 5 and 10 minutes length, using the supplied Field Recording as a main feature of the track.

THE RULES:

• Soundscapes can be either musical or non-musical in nature.
  • The use of Drums IS NOT ALLOWED
  • All submissions must be between 5 and 10 minutes long.
  • The use of any synths and/or FX (Hardware or Software..or both) is allowed
  • Feel free to shorten or loop the sample if you need to and use different pieces of it. You may also add whatever FX you like to it..but the original sample must be recognizable in your finished track.
  • The theme of this first challenge is open..so take your pick (Dark/Drone/Space/Industrial/Noise/Nature etc.)..just make sure the supplied Field Recording is the main focus of your track.
  • All submissions must be posted here in this thread.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them below.

DOWNLOAD: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Credit: CURRENT Field Recording from the "[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
"
by Luftrum on [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

THE DEADLINE:

CURRENTLY BEING DEBATED. DEADLINE WILL BE POSTED HERE ONCE SET

Last edited by A.M; 13-12-2017 at 03:43 PM..

------------------
Old 02-12-2017, 10:46 PM   #3
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11478554
Re: SOUNDSCAPE CHALLENGE 001

ooo i like

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to I/O_Madness
A.M (02-12-2017)
Old 02-12-2017, 10:52 PM   #4
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/O_Madness View Post
ooo i like
I'm glad at least one other on here does..it was starting to get a little lonely in here.

------------------
Old 03-12-2017, 12:59 AM   #5
Sound--
Minor Glitch
Sound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1260

Great, was looking for this to start.
Sound-- is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:15 AM   #6
A.M

Great..good to have ye both on board.

------------------
Old 03-12-2017, 01:40 AM   #7
Sound--
Minor Glitch
Sound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud ofSound-- has much to be proud of

Question # 1 Does the sample need to run the entire track?
Question # 2 It is allowed to shorten the sample. Can I use multiple shortened parts as different tracks as long as I do not do add anything but add effects?
Old 03-12-2017, 01:53 AM   #8
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound-- View Post
Question # 1 Does the sample need to run the entire track?
Question # 2 It is allowed to shorten the sample. Can I use multiple shortened parts as different tracks as long as I do not do add anything but add effects?

1) No..the sample doesn't have to run for the entire length of the track.

2) Yes..you can shorten the sample..and to answer the second part of your question, I just changed my mind..do whatever you like with the sample..but the end result MUST BE a QUALITY soundscape.

The over-all goal is to focus on getting as high a quality sounding track as you can..think movie score..epic..big..pro-sounding..polished.

------------------
Old 03-12-2017, 01:59 AM   #9
A.M

Just updated the rules to show you can now do whatever you like with the supplied sample..as long as your goal is a high-quality soundscape.

------------------
Old 03-12-2017, 04:38 AM   #10
TheStumps
Knob Twiddler
TheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond reputeTheStumps has a reputation beyond repute
Alaska
MC Status: 7460

Call me Morse, as I'll Endeavor to put one together in time.

------------------
You, or anyone else, are free to do anything with the music that I make. I consider all of my productions to be public domain. If someone asks, I will give them the source files and any related sample files if they are needed. Music is a dialogue, not a speech. Any listener must be free to become the speaker at any time for the life of the dialogue to be retained. Let us, then, discuss in tone.
TheStumps is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to TheStumps
A.M (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 04:41 AM   #11
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21310

I'll give this a shot, I could use the change of pace. I'll try and crank something out this week.

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
A.M (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 01:40 PM   #12
A.M

Thanks, guys..great to see you getting in on this, the first of..hopefully..many.

To everyone: I just edited everything, due to the two Soundscape Challenge threads being merged. Nothing has changed, but it's now better this way, as everything is now in the one thread..and all future challenges will be found here, too..with a link to the current one always found in the first post of this thread. Clicking that link will open an individual post about the current post..but remember to post all questions, comment and submissions to this main thread and not the individual post that opens when you click the link above..hope that all makes sense.

If anyone doesn't follow all of that, then just post here and I'll try to explain it more clearly.

------------------
Old 03-12-2017, 10:32 PM   #13
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 41710
Re: < < < Soundscapes Challenge > > >

So this one is still the master thread?
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
A.M (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 10:36 PM   #14
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
So this one is still the master thread?
Yep..this is the ONLY thread..I'll edit each new challenge post, so the link in the first post will always take you to the current challenge in this thread. So, basically, when one ends, the next will be tagged on the end in this thread and we just keep posting under it..like we're doing with this one. Make sense?

------------------
Old 03-12-2017, 10:41 PM   #15
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 41710

Got it. I just didn't know there was another thread originally devoted to the same cause, but this format makes it much less confusing / perfect for bookmarking.
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
A.M (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 10:41 PM   #16
Sound--
Minor Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Yep..this is the ONLY thread..I'll edit each new challenge post, so the link in the first post will always take you to the current challenge in this thread. So, basically, when one ends, the next will be tagged on the end in this thread and we just keep posting under it..like we're doing with this one. Make sense?
Good idea, it will make it easy to refer to.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:50 PM   #17
A.M

Yeah..I originally had this dumb idea of putting all the challenge in one thread and the details and rules in a "main" thread, but somebody up on high had more sense and merged the two threads..much better with everything contained in the one place.

------------------
Old 04-12-2017, 12:00 AM   #18
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541480
Thanked 7,011 Times in 4,983 Posts

A bit late to the party here, but I'm going to get some kind of entry in : )

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
A.M (04-12-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 12:05 AM   #19
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
A bit late to the party here, but I'm going to get some kind of entry in : )

Can't wait to hear what the Mighty Modern Relic comes up with..looking forward to that..and all the others, too.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
relic (04-12-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 12:34 AM   #20
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541480
Thanked 7,011 Times in 4,983 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Can't wait to hear what the Mighty Modern Relic comes up with..looking forward to that..and all the others, too.
Nah man. I'm so stoked. I'm just really hyped to really but the Analog 4 through some serious soundscape experiments <3 Thanks for running this.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
A.M (04-12-2017)