Soundcloud Account
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2017, 05:09 PM   #1
DJ Hawes
Microknight
DJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improve
Torquay
MC Status: -109180
Soundcloud Account

Hey guys,

So I have a question, I know you are not actually aloud to buy or sound cloud accounts, however a friend of mine has one for sale with 10k followers, he said to me to make him an offer.. Im just wondering as you cant actually buy real followers how would I put a value on this? How much would you guys pay for it? Anything I should consider before I do buy it? (If I do that is)

Thanks

Advertisements

DJ Hawes is offline   Thanks
Old 05-09-2017, 05:32 PM   #2
Inna Selez
Minor Glitch
Inna Selez is a jewel in the roughInna Selez is a jewel in the roughInna Selez is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
Re: Soundcloud Account

100 bucks will be enough IMHO.
Inna Selez is offline   Thanks
Old 05-09-2017, 05:44 PM   #3
DJ Hawes
Microknight
DJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improveDJ Hawes can only hope to improve
Torquay

100 bucks?? Nah not for a real account with real followers... were talking 4 figures I think.. It is hard work to get 10,000 followers. I know you can buy followers but they are fake bots and mean nothing. These will be real people and generate real plays naturally
Old 05-09-2017, 05:44 PM   #4
DJ Hawes
Microknight
Torquay

By all means if you can point me to a place that can get you real actual followers let me know
Old 05-09-2017, 05:45 PM   #5
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171910
Thanked 3,438 Times in 2,566 Posts

Stop and think about this..if you are really serious. What do you think is going to happen to all those followers that come with that account, once you buy it and upload your own music? How many of them are going to like your stuff? And if they do like it, how do you know they won't just assume that you are your friend under a different artist name? That would basically translate into your "friend" taking the credit for your work.

In short, if I were you, I'd forget all about it and keep your money. If your own music is any good, then you'll get your own followers in time..what's the rush? The days when having a ton of SC followers actually meant something are well long gone..the number of followers you have don't mean zip, given anyone and their aunt can by them these days.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 05-09-2017, 05:59 PM   #6
DJ Hawes
Microknight
Torquay

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Stop and think about this..if you are really serious. What do you think is going to happen to all those followers that come with that account, once you buy it and upload your own music? How many of them are going to like your stuff? And if they do like it, how do you know they won't just assume that you are your friend under a different artist name? That would basically translate into your "friend" taking the credit for your work.

In short, if I were you, I'd forget all about it and keep your money. If your own music is any good, then you'll get your own followers in time..what's the rush? The days when having a ton of SC followers actually meant something are well long gone..the number of followers you have don't mean zip, given anyone and their aunt can by them these days.
Yeah I get what mean 100%, my thoughts was that after a name change surly very few will realise its a new name will they, they would just think its a account that they followed in the past or something? Also the genre is similar genre so id like to think the followers would have a good chance of liking my music.

Why do you say they dont mean zip anymore? Not disagreeing but would like to know your thoughts!

Thanks
Old 05-09-2017, 06:28 PM   #7
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171910
Thanked 3,438 Times in 2,566 Posts

Hey..if it's SC followers you're after, then go for it, man..more power to you..it's your money and reputation at stake..not mine.

As for why do I say they don't mean zip anymore..mainly due to folks trying to pull the stunt like your friend is doing..and those who sell followers/plays/likes in general..together they have totally undermined the system that was in place and destroyed any sort of inherent, intrinsic value it had.

Most people today "know" that the number of followers a person has could well be fake and don't mean shit..that it's all just a vanity thing..something to brag about, but not really much use beyond that. Even labels know the numbers don't mean much any more in reality..that it's all just for show.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 05-09-2017, 08:20 PM   #8
Vault O)))
Eternal Echoer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 34560

If you're buying his tracks / internet persona with this, that's another story.

If he got all of these plays / follows from actually being a good / real musician and you already can't compete with that, real fans of his will notice that your shit is sub-par.

You're talking about real people who care about music, so the entire idea of this is beyond retarded IMO. Why the fuck is he even selling his account if people care about his tunes? I'm so lost, I guess.

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Vault O)))
A.M (05-09-2017)
Old 05-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #9
Metaside
Sample Destroyer
Metaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
Why the fuck is he even selling his account if people care about his tunes? I'm so lost, I guess.
Maybe that guy just likes being underground... every time he hits 10k followers he just sells that silly mainstream account and starts again as the unknown underdog...

Or he is just producing awesome music to sell the accounts. Ok, it doesn't really make a lot of sense to me, too...

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks
Old 05-09-2017, 09:07 PM   #10
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222281334
Thanked 2,603 Times in 1,734 Posts

I do not understand why this thread wasn't answered with 'fuck off' and then closed

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks
Old 05-09-2017, 10:21 PM   #11
Vault O)))
Eternal Echoer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC

I got to 4K once and then realized nobody actually cared about my music. I should have sold the account instead of deleting it in shame, but I think it's still up in all of its past glory on the wayback machine

------------------
Old 05-09-2017, 10:36 PM   #12
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
I got to 4K once and then realized nobody actually cared about my music. I should have sold the account instead of deleting it in shame, but I think it's still up in all of its past glory on the wayback machine
the world probably hadn't reached those depths yet where that was even a possibility to be fair. I bought a runescape account once for like 5 quid. everybody thought I was sad as fuck but to me everybody was playing runescape and on really high levels and I saved myself a fucking year so I could piss about with them.

also when I stopped putting shit up on my nosmo king account after a few weeks cooling off period I went up 5 followers a week or something and lost 5 followers a week and that has persisted for the last few years. still got the exactly same amount of followers pretty much.

I sort of curse the super accessibility of the music making process. I still want it to be accessible for all but there at least be a hurdle like everybody thinks that its really difficult and you have to work at it for years to get even half decent. something to put off the lads. to be fair you don't have to work at it for long at all to be decent anyway these days?

I just want the internet to die that's all. ive got what I needed from it. I cant put my finger on it but I just feel like everybody that makes music is a wanker now, including all of us, and we cant do anything about it, its not our fault its just the way things are now.

------------------
Old 05-09-2017, 10:43 PM   #13
Vault O)))
Eternal Echoer

I think that's exactly why people who don't make music have no idea what SC is, or they're just a rare breed of 'indie listeners'. Most people go in with the attitude of getting followed instead of participating in any actual networking / critique exchanging, so it all becomes follow spam. 99% of SC 'members' weren't even there to check out music to begin with, so your odds of anyone caring are slim from the start (for everyone, IMO).

In fact, the most 'followed' people on SC sound the most like eachother. I find that the neglected artists are actually the most original and actually seem to care about music. The whole system sucked from the start, but I guess it took this long for everybody to finally see it.

Now I'm just going off in a thread that's not even about this, my bad, mods. End of transmission

------------------
Old 05-09-2017, 10:51 PM   #14
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

ughhhhhhhh

this thread just hit me right in my sad tits man. I'm probably wrong but I feel like this guy is young and hasn't been making music for very long at all? whatever

its just the mind set of buying a sc account with lots of followers is so hard to untangle. It almost is like a runescape type game where you can pay in bits of your time doing repetitive tasks to slowly build and that = accumulated worth and you can bypass it all by buying somebodies elses when they don't want to play any more

what is the reason he even has a SC account??? the plot is well and truly lost in this scenario.

I would pay a thousand pounds just to enjoy making music half as much as I used to and have 50% less cynicism about it all. I want to fast forward to that

I hate myself for even ranting about this

------------------
Old 06-09-2017, 05:29 PM   #15
DJ Hawes
Microknight
Torquay

Ok I do get where you are all coming from honestly I do, but let me explain the whole situation, it is a Soundcloud account he done for his label he ran. He is now selling the label (leaving the music industry completely) and the buyer already has a Soundcloud account so does not need this one.

So my position is that I am in the process of starting a label myself. So having a account with 10k followers is a good thing, its purely business nothing to do with cheating etc.. its like buying a business that already has customers... thats not cheating, its business. Its the same thing here.

So yeah to all trying to be patronising and saying i'm young and don't make good music... (even if you were right, which you're not) Its irrelevant because your getting the wrong end of the stick.

I asked a simple question and did not get a simple answer lol...
Old 06-09-2017, 06:21 PM   #16
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Hawes View Post
Ok I do get where you are all coming from honestly I do, but let me explain the whole situation, it is a Soundcloud account he done for his label he ran. He is now selling the label (leaving the music industry completely) and the buyer already has a Soundcloud account so does not need this one.

So my position is that I am in the process of starting a label myself. So having a account with 10k followers is a good thing, its purely business nothing to do with cheating etc.. its like buying a business that already has customers... thats not cheating, its business. Its the same thing here.

So yeah to all trying to be patronising and saying i'm young and don't make good music... (even if you were right, which you're not) Its irrelevant because your getting the wrong end of the stick.

I asked a simple question and did not get a simple answer lol...
I never said anything about cheating. buy the soundcloud account.

------------------
Old 06-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #17
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8529880
Thanked 6,779 Times in 4,831 Posts

All that's been said is plenty here I think.

Edit: FWIW, buying a business with a customer contact list is one thing. There is no deception there. You'd call up and say "Hey, I own this hippie tye dye company now, so if you want to keep buying our hippie tye dye that's great. Here is what else is different...etc".

At the end of the day if you aren't mass mailing every follower and *telling* them whats up, its an act of deception. We can argue to what degree and how appropriate, but its a deception non-the-less. If you understand what is being said here you wouldn't keep trying to convince us to justify a deception for you.

Last edited by relic; 06-09-2017 at 10:21 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Thanks to relic
A.M (06-09-2017)
Closed Thread