List of Experimental Record Labels to Submit Demos
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 10-07-2017, 04:06 PM   #1
ambtconnoisseur
Minor Glitch
ambtconnoisseur is a jewel in the roughambtconnoisseur is a jewel in the roughambtconnoisseur is a jewel in the roughambtconnoisseur is a jewel in the rough
Maryland
MC Status: 310
List of Experimental Record Labels to Submit Demos

Hey all,

I'm closing in on finisihing an album and am looking into finding labels that specialize in ambient/drone/experimental music to submit a demo to. I've run a search on this site, but didn't really find much of what I'm looking for. Ideally, a good list would be nice, but any one-off suggestions would be great too. If I need to, I'll certainly do my own Google research and then post a comprehensive list on here. In fact, I may do just that and incorporate any suggestions folks may have.

If it helps for suggesting labels (since I cannot post links of my music), I have two projects I'm working on. The main project is not really close to finished, but it consists of mangled orchestral/classical samples, granular synth textures, and synth textures made with my Korg MS-20 Mini. The project I have that is pretty much completed, is slowed down recordings of ambient algorithmic tracks from patches I made from scratch or tweaked (not that any of that matters, just being detailed, as I use presets too) with my Novation MiniNova. My collaborator coded (in "C" and runs through the CMD prompt as an .exe) a fairly complex algorithmic MIDI generator using Markov chains and other techniques to create user defined melodies, rhythms, scales, chord progrssions, tempo, key, etc. The result is mathematical music that has a surprisingly expressive quality or atmosphere about it. Anyway, hopefully knowing more about my music will yield more appropriate suggestions.

Thanks!

- ambtconnoisseur

Last edited by lolirl; 10-07-2017 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: Totally on-topic

Advertisements

ambtconnoisseur is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:57 AM   #2
Vault O)))
Eternal Echoer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 34560
Re: List of Experimental Record Labels to Submit Demos

There are a lot of them, and listing them would take way too much time, so good luck on that front.

You might be shocked at what you'll find when using discogs.com on artists in your similarity-neighborhood. Most of them are probably defunct by now, but it's the primary way I've found out about any netlabel to release my drone / noise on.

When they all turn up dead, don't be afraid of a little DIY, either. Experimental is the realm for that, it's not a popularity contest

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
ambtconnoisseur (14-07-2017)
Old 14-07-2017, 06:58 PM   #3
ambtconnoisseur
Minor Glitch
ambtconnoisseur is a jewel in the roughambtconnoisseur is a jewel in the roughambtconnoisseur is a jewel in the roughambtconnoisseur is a jewel in the rough
Maryland
MC Status: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
There are a lot of them, and listing them would take way too much time, so good luck on that front.

You might be shocked at what you'll find when using discogs.com on artists in your similarity-neighborhood. Most of them are probably defunct by now, but it's the primary way I've found out about any netlabel to release my drone / noise on.

When they all turn up dead, don't be afraid of a little DIY, either. Experimental is the realm for that, it's not a popularity contest
Good call on the DIY method. I think that's the route I'll go for now.
ambtconnoisseur is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:00 AM   #4
Black-Antlers
Minor Glitch
Black-Antlers will become famous soon enoughBlack-Antlers will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambtconnoisseur View Post
Hey all,

I'm closing in on finisihing an album and am looking into finding labels that specialize in ambient/drone/experimental music to submit a demo to. I've run a search on this site, but didn't really find much of what I'm looking for. Ideally, a good list would be nice, but any one-off suggestions would be great too. If I need to, I'll certainly do my own Google research and then post a comprehensive list on here. In fact, I may do just that and incorporate any suggestions folks may have.

If it helps for suggesting labels (since I cannot post links of my music), I have two projects I'm working on. The main project is not really close to finished, but it consists of mangled orchestral/classical samples, granular synth textures, and synth textures made with my Korg MS-20 Mini. The project I have that is pretty much completed, is slowed down recordings of ambient algorithmic tracks from patches I made from scratch or tweaked (not that any of that matters, just being detailed, as I use presets too) with my Novation MiniNova. My collaborator coded (in "C" and runs through the CMD prompt as an .exe) a fairly complex algorithmic MIDI generator using Markov chains and other techniques to create user defined melodies, rhythms, scales, chord progrssions, tempo, key, etc. The result is mathematical music that has a surprisingly expressive quality or atmosphere about it. Anyway, hopefully knowing more about my music will yield more appropriate suggestions.

Thanks!

- ambtconnoisseur
Sorry I don't really have anything to add, do you have a sound cloud?
Black-Antlers is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:49 AM   #5
FATE ÆFFECT
Granular Poster
FATE ÆFFECT has a brilliant futureFATE ÆFFECT has a brilliant futureFATE ÆFFECT has a brilliant futureFATE ÆFFECT has a brilliant futureFATE ÆFFECT has a brilliant futureFATE ÆFFECT has a brilliant futureFATE ÆFFECT has a brilliant futureFATE ÆFFECT has a brilliant futureFATE ÆFFECT has a brilliant futureFATE ÆFFECT has a brilliant futureFATE ÆFFECT has a brilliant future
Toronto/Melbourne
MC Status: 1599

We are always looking for experimental releases. We don't just do experimental stuff though...
http://www.slicerecords.com.au
http://slicerecords.bandcamp.com

Advertisements

------------------
SLICE RECORDS - UNDERGROUND ELECTRONIC MUSIC RECORD LABEL
Website | Bandcamp | Facebook
FATE ÆFFECT is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote