What is this name of this genre?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Intelligent Dance Music / Electronica IDM, braindance, ambient techno, electronica or whatever else you call Warp/Skam/Schematic/Planet-Mu/Rephlex/Raster-Noton type music goes here.

Old 22-02-2017, 01:19 AM   #1
Philip Hamper
Learning The Ropes
Philip Hamper is currently spamming hard
Warsaw
MC Status: 10
What is this name of this genre?

Can somebody tell me please what is music genre of this sets?

Please tell me more about it, what its named, how to search for it, how to make it. Everything you know.

Advertisements

Philip Hamper is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 01:39 AM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181010
Thanked 3,620 Times in 2,700 Posts
Re: What is this name of this genre?

I'm guessing the genre is "Deep House", given the radio station / site posting it up on SC is called "DeepMix". Other than that, I suggest going through the posts on here for any topic related to the things you want to know.

Also, try typing in words in the search function on here..as well as using one of the online search engines to help you find even more information. Basically, nobody can just "tell" you "more about it, what its named, how to search for it, how to make it. Everything you know".. look for yourself and spend some time reading up on all of this..it's the only way you're going to learn.

Sorry, but that's the truth..you need to do it for yourself, or you'll never understand what you're doing or why when you actually get around to producing music.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 01:25 PM   #3
Philip Hamper
Learning The Ropes
Warsaw

Yes, I understnd.

I'm looking in charts, but Deep House on charts is completely different music from that I'm looking for. So I dont know what I'm looking for, so how I can be able to find it? Definitely I'm not looking for Deep House as it is today on top.
Old 22-02-2017, 01:31 PM   #4
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Hamper View Post
Yes, I understnd.

I'm looking in charts, but Deep House on charts is completely different music from that I'm looking for. So I dont know what I'm looking for, so how I can be able to find it? Definitely I'm not looking for Deep House as it is today on top.
Fair point..but the rest still stands..once somebody does let you know the genre, then it's up to you to learn how to make it..and that means putting in the time to do that..but it's worth it in the end, trust me.

Sorry I can't tell you what genre this is..maybe one of the other members here will in due course. Hope you find out in the end.

------------------
Old 22-02-2017, 02:05 PM   #5
Philip Hamper
Learning The Ropes
Warsaw

Yes I'm learning to it from ears, but my only source of music in this genre is DeepMix Moscow Radio, I want to expand my knowledge, but I can not find anything than that, and those are mixes, not good for learn.
Old 22-02-2017, 02:12 PM   #6
A.M

Just use those tracks as a template and play around with similar sounds, letting your imagination guide you. Pay attention to the sounds used and how and when they are used in each track, then try to make a track of your own, using your own sounds, but structuring your track the same as they have with theirs.

It's pretty simple really, and once you've done it a few times, you'll be able to produce tracks with this kind of style in future.

------------------
Old 22-02-2017, 05:29 PM   #7
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21010

I'm not too good with genres, but if it seems to be genre-defying, it may be Moscow's take on deep house or something (kinda like Detroit techno vs. Berlin techno). Have you tried asking the guys who put up the playlist? If somebody actually PMs me something on SC that isn't spam, I take the time to respond, maybe you'll get lucky and they'll do the same.

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
A.M (22-02-2017)
Old 22-02-2017, 10:47 PM   #8
Hygro
Microknight
Hygro has much to be proud ofHygro has much to be proud ofHygro has much to be proud ofHygro has much to be proud ofHygro has much to be proud ofHygro has much to be proud ofHygro has much to be proud ofHygro has much to be proud ofHygro has much to be proud of
California. No doubt about it.
MC Status: 1160

sounds like deep house with progressive influences that don't impede the deepness.
Hygro is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 11:12 PM   #9
Philip Hamper
Learning The Ropes
Warsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hygro View Post
sounds like deep house with progressive influences that don't impede the deepness.
Actually you are right, I think. It's really hard to find Titles in this style, can't find solution to find more of these but non in DJmix. Thanks.
Old 23-02-2017, 11:31 AM   #10
rmedhurst
IDMf Supporter
rmedhurst is just really nicermedhurst is just really nicermedhurst is just really nicermedhurst is just really nice
MC Status: 360

A mixture of chill, downtempo, ambient, and house??

------------------
rmedhurst is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 09:02 PM   #11
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1460

seems to me to be a mixture of deep house with some dubby influences, quite minimalistic also.. Like it

some tracks that might go in the same direction
soundcloud.com/advdr/advdream-behind-us-bokeh
soundcloud.com/tzinah-records/crescent-severe-original-mix
soundcloud.com/nadia-popoff/randomized-unreleased
_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:49 AM   #12
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 39260

Last.fm says: deep house / dub techno

Last.fm is always right, of course.

------------------
Totally not clickbait this time, I swear
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:34 AM   #13
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80993330
Thanked 4,062 Times in 2,634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Hamper View Post
Definitely I'm not looking for Deep House as it is today on top.
that's the problem with genres. You can't like a whole genre, it's usually only a few artists inside that genre.

sounds a bit like jan jelinek

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:47 AM   #14
DOLGAP
Minor Glitch
DOLGAP is just really niceDOLGAP is just really niceDOLGAP is just really niceDOLGAP is just really nice
MC Status: 360

Ambient house with some dubtechno and deep house.

Advertisements

DOLGAP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote