What is the best song by NIN Nine Inch Nails? - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Your Music

IDMf Netlabel

The Studio

Community Center

Music By Genre

Groups

Old 11-08-2013, 02:55 AM   #121
Funky Koval
Analog Lurker
Funky Koval is just really niceFunky Koval is just really niceFunky Koval is just really niceFunky Koval is just really niceFunky Koval is just really nice
Toronto
MC Status: 410
Re: What is the best song by NIN Nine Inch Nails?

Nah the new album is great, he tried something new. The angsty days of the downard spiral are never coming back. He's a father of two kids now

Advertisements

Funky Koval is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Funky Koval
ajdangles (11-08-2013)
Old 11-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #122
vx cheerleader
Microknight
vx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MC
MC Status: 38934

I love some parts on this record, especially the prince-like stuff ; the songs never get really "bad" - even "Everything" has some freshness... But I really miss the big drumming of the 90's, too much bleeps and claps here.

------------------
vx cheerleader is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:47 AM   #123
dajwxp
dajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of light
NOT in China~
MC Status: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by vx cheerleader View Post
I love some parts on this record, especially the prince-like stuff ; the songs never get really "bad" - even "Everything" has some freshness... But I really miss the big drumming of the 90's, too much bleeps and claps here.
YES EXACTLY :p.

I mean, Trent is described as having "brought a human face to industrial/electronic in general". Like Linkin Park (bad comparison there ) they/he kinda progressed from "industrial but still human" to "industrial + techno".

Anyone else feels this ? Not that NIN is getting worse; always loved them, but seriously, it's not the same~
dajwxp is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:06 AM   #124
vx cheerleader
Microknight
vx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MC
MC Status: 38934

"Seriously, it's not the same" - hey, that could be NIN lyrics !

------------------
vx cheerleader is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:33 AM   #125
dajwxp
dajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of lightdajwxp is a glorious beacon of light
NOT in China~
MC Status: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by vx cheerleader View Post
"Seriously, it's not the same" - hey, that could be NIN lyrics !
HAHA COMPLETELY xD

then again their lyrics are still gothic as hell and THAT's something that we'll be enjoying for a while ^^
dajwxp is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:54 AM   #126
bbb
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5739093

Honestly, I go from Satelite on for that only have x anount of time to listen. I like the tunes but they send me off differently.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #127
Alert
Alert is a splendid one to beholdAlert is a splendid one to beholdAlert is a splendid one to beholdAlert is a splendid one to beholdAlert is a splendid one to beholdAlert is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 671

The Fragile: every track on there

------------------
Alert is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #128
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Three floors above you...
MC Status: 18460
Icon6 Re: What is the best song by NIN Nine Inch Nails?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alert View Post
The Fragile: every track on there

Yeah, I agree! Also the remix albums from The Fragile are awesome including the IDM remix of Where Is Everybody? by Telefon Tel Aviv. It makes IDM sound freaking hardcore and psychedelic and transcendent.

I like a lot of the new stuff but I really did NOT like The Slip. It was for me the worst album of all time, which says alot because I consider The Fragile to be amongst one of the best albums of all time.

I also didn't like Year Zero much except for The Good Soldier, Capital G, and Me, I'm not (one of my favs!). But the Year Zero remix album was pretty good and to make matters even better, [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
has EXCELLENT remix versions of everything he's ever made and published. There are some freelance remix versions that are to die for on his remix website which is an achievement of itself.

If you've never heard that site, you gotta go there and maybe even put up your own remix if you get the stems. Year Zero Remix album came with stems, for example.

I just listened to Pretty Hate Machine again last night and I realize that some of it is kinda cheesy, but every tune has some power to it that is unforgettable. Some of the tunes that don't sound old to me are Head Like a Hole, Kinda I Want To, and Terrible Lie (one of my favs!), and Down In It.

Terrible Lie influenced my entire music composition outlook in terms of sound design.

------------------
Hear and download my music: https://HearThis.At/Nystagmus
I use Reaper and FL Studio via Wine on UbuntuStudio with PulseAudio and WASAPI drivers.
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: my pc's fans spinning like crazy :)
Old 11-18-2013, 02:37 AM   #129
ajdangles
Savage Mad Cunt
ajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond repute
Hamilton
MC Status: 8660

Quote:
Originally Posted by DfiledVegan View Post
the worst album of all time
whoa whoa whoa

------------------
soundcloud
other soundcloud
mixcloud
Oola - Little India Band (Adam P Liquid Mix)
ajdangles is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #130
NerWraK
Learning The Ropes
NerWraK is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

Sin, Suck?
NerWraK is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #131
NerWraK
Learning The Ropes
NerWraK is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

Sin?
NerWraK is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #132
bailey delta
Regular Freak
bailey delta has a spectacular aura aboutbailey delta has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

So many to choose from, couldnt say a favourite but like Closer, Everyday is exactly the same, Hurt to name a few
bailey delta is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #133
swaddo84
Microknight
swaddo84 is a splendid one to beholdswaddo84 is a splendid one to beholdswaddo84 is a splendid one to beholdswaddo84 is a splendid one to beholdswaddo84 is a splendid one to beholdswaddo84 is a splendid one to beholdswaddo84 is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 760

Off to see these guys in Manchester next year. Don't usually do big venues and expensive tickets, but for this I make an exception.

Saw them in brixton when they released with teeth and Saul Williams supported. Awesome show
swaddo84 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #134
Aphexbeats
Master of the LFO
Aphexbeats has a brilliant futureAphexbeats has a brilliant futureAphexbeats has a brilliant futureAphexbeats has a brilliant futureAphexbeats has a brilliant futureAphexbeats has a brilliant futureAphexbeats has a brilliant futureAphexbeats has a brilliant futureAphexbeats has a brilliant futureAphexbeats has a brilliant futureAphexbeats has a brilliant future
Wisconsin
MC Status: 1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaddo84 View Post
Off to see these guys in Manchester next year. Don't usually do big venues and expensive tickets, but for this I make an exception.

Saw them in brixton when they released with teeth and Saul Williams supported. Awesome show
I just missed the show a few months ago...it really sucks because they might not tour anymore after this record. I get to see Skinny Puppy in February though!

Advertisements

------------------
Industrial, Trance, NU French House, Dub, electronic, Ambient,
Current featured track:

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/caffeinecannibal
Aphexbeats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote