Freeform
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Intelligent Dance Music / Electronica IDM, braindance, ambient techno, electronica or whatever else you call Warp/Skam/Schematic/Planet-Mu/Rephlex/Raster-Noton type music goes here.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:05 AM   #1
fNcMINERVA
Regular Freak
fNcMINERVA is currently spamming hard
Cataño
MC Status: 10
Freeform

Freeform anyone? Simon Pyke?!

I think he has some of the most original stuff I ever heard. He does some weird beats and sometimes he goes a bit overboard with the effects.

Many years ago, I heard a couple of songs from the Prowl EP and I said, "I've got to have this stuff!" But didn't have a job back then, sadly. Many years later, I got it on CD. I also checked out a couple of songs he put out on Worm Interface Records... hmmm... how about that "Dice". Defiantly electronic!

I also have the Condensed record which is a bit of a mixed bag. On iTunes I was able to get two other records by him, Outside In and Human. That later stuff I'm not as crazy about. But he does a good job of retaining that originality, he's very much like Mouse on Mars but with only one guy. LOL

Someone else in these forums must have heard at least one song by Freeform. Please tell us about it!

Advertisements

fNcMINERVA is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Anima by Vladislav Delay
Old 30-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
Morph-H20
Learning The Ropes
Morph-H20 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: Freeform

Freeform is terrific. My first contact with him was the Condensed compilation, which I liked a lot. Then I listened through all his discography, and I was thoroughly impressed. It's amazing he doesn't get more recognition. I like his earlier stuff, but I prefer his mid to last output. I agree he has his own sound, and you're easily immersed in his albums.

Advertisements

Morph-H20 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote