LSD celebrates its 75th birthday
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 17-04-2018, 09:52 AM   #1
fidelium
IDMf Artist
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
\(_o)/
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,500 Times in 1,935 Posts
LSD celebrates its 75th birthday

Today was the 75th anniversary of the discovery of the hallucinogenic effects of LSD.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...lsd-discovered

Anyone who knows me even a little bit knows that I believe that acid is both a window and mirror to your soul and subconscious, and is a catalyst for understanding yourself and the world around you a little better. It is more than just a drug, but rather, a tool. I believe that Albert Hoffman is one of the most important people of the 20th century. Remember that just because something is illegal doesn't necessarily mean it is because the government thinks it is poisonous or acts as a gateway to harder drugs. It is illegal because of its widespread misuse as a party drug decades ago, during an era where illicit drug use was a largely misunderstood global trend. But more importantly, it was banned by militaristic governments because it is known as a conduit toward exploring free thought, which tends to lead to dissent and questioning of authority.

Anyone who has never tried it, even if you have never even smoked cannabis or taken even one painkiller, even if you are against recreational drug-use, and if you are an adult (legally or mentally), I strongly encourage you to take acid just once in your life. Not at a party, festival or on a whim (at least not for your first time) but as a planned, felt experience which you are committed to, with no plans for the rest of your day or evening. Take it in a safe setting with either/both inspiring music and visuals or a serene landscape like a forest, field, or the beach upon body of water where you can soak yourself in nature and bask in the wonderment and beauty of the universe. Be with friends you love and trust, or be alone. There is nothing to fear if it's done right. Do your own research on how it might affect your body and mind, and be smart. I will say that it is a waste of an experience if you misuse LSD, and can have negative emotional affects which eventually wear off (but why not avoid it?)

I take acid about 3-4 times a year and in my life I have done it probably close to a hundred times. Some sessions were forgettable, but then there were ones which were simply glorious and took me on a journey that changed me for the positive in so many ways I can't describe in any language. It has helped me understand my strengths and faults as well as my depression and deepest darkest thoughts. I truly believe that I am a better man due to these processes of stripping down the ego.

I chose a long time ago to be a vocal proponent of the ritualistic usage of LSD, despite any negative effect it might have on my reputation, because it has molded me so positively into who I am that I cannot be quiet as certain powers-that-be compare its use to that of meth addiction or heroin abuse. I believe that acid can even be a tool to deter or cure those lifestyles.

Think for yourself, question authority.

Advertisements

------------------
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM   #2
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 29010
Re: LSD celebrates its 75th birthday

Just saw this. I agree with this post. Take a trip and see that all the things you worry about on a day to day basis are just illusions. Or just appreciate how amazing it is to exist. These are the things it showed me.

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM   #3
Bergnermd
Sample Destroyer
Bergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud of
Wisconsin
MC Status: 1460

I've taken acid once, and even though I'm not interested in using drugs/ alcohol anymore I am really happy I did. I remember the feeling of looking up at the starts and feeling so in tune with the universe. I fully believe LSD has helped me take down barriers and walls that I would not have been able to without. Also has helped me with a more spiritual understanding of things. Has changed my life for the better. Cool post.

------------------
Bergnermd is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM   #4
rewir3d
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
rewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MC
Anal Leakage SJW 2016
MC Status: 3064169

Mushrooms were that outlet for me growing up. I like ecstacy better than both acid and shrooms though. Trip is much shorter but I still become very self aware during it. Haven't done any hallucinogen in about 8 years. Been looking to go on another trip lately though. I love using it as an outlet to evaluate myself on what seems like a higher level. It keeps my ass in check!
rewir3d is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM   #5
rewir3d
rewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MC
Anal Leakage SJW 2016

Yes, music and visuals are fucking awesome together on hallucinogens.....that or wildlife and outdoors.

Check out Soundspectrums music visualizers.

https://youtu.be/oAvrkgznswY

I just picked a random video, you can completely tweak or basically recode the visualizers. That particular one is Aeon but GForce is a fucking beast. Shit like that will open up your mind on hallucinogens lol
Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM   #6
stray medicine
Binch
stray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MC
Minneapolis
MC Status: 19660

Bicycle Day!
Thank god for Albert Hoffman <3

I'm a fan of a few psychedelics, LSD hasn't done much for me though. The last few times I took it was really disappointing as far as visuals go at least.. and I come back to the same conclusions every time I have a psychedelic experience, so it feels like a waste of time for me now... Trips last too long and I don't get much out of them anymore. I also space out my psychedelic experiences quite a bit though to try to make sure they're meaningful, but maybe it's just my mindset going into it that's leaving me unsatisfied, who knows.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTDn4dVheUs/
stray medicine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM   #7
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 171760
Thanked 3,435 Times in 2,053 Posts

I encourage the overabuse of drugs too.

You haven't lived until you inched your way so close to death you actually think you're living the afterlife forever after that.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to thom
relic (Today)
Old Today, 02:51 AM   #8
rewir3d
Anal Leakage SJW 2016

lol

Well everyone is on pharmaceuticals now days anyways and are completely fucking lifeless or over anxious fidgeting fuck wads anyways.
Old Today, 02:58 AM   #9
rewir3d
Anal Leakage SJW 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray medicine View Post
Bicycle Day!
Thank god for Albert Hoffman <3

I'm a fan of a few psychedelics, LSD hasn't done much for me though. The last few times I took it was really disappointing as far as visuals go at least.. and I come back to the same conclusions every time I have a psychedelic experience, so it feels like a waste of time for me now... Trips last too long and I don't get much out of them anymore. I also space out my psychedelic experiences quite a bit though to try to make sure they're meaningful, but maybe it's just my mindset going into it that's leaving me unsatisfied, who knows.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTDn4dVheUs/
This is why I just want to do ecstacy again. Short trip and done. I know what to expect, 6-8 hours just sounds brutal lol.

Fuck it, I'll just stick with heroin
Old Today, 03:30 AM   #10
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8559680
Thanked 7,375 Times in 5,214 Posts

Highly recommend the documentary on Netflix called "The Sunshine Makers".

BTW, LSD is my least favorite drug of all time by a wide goddamn fucking margin.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
mnkvolcno (Today)
Old Today, 05:30 AM   #11
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 29010

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Highly recommend the documentary on Netflix called "The Sunshine Makers".

BTW, LSD is my least favorite drug of all time by a wide goddamn fucking margin.
haha.. I always tell people it's my favorite drug. I guess number 2 is caffeine. I totally understand how it could be someones least favorite drug. It is extremely powerful and it can be scary as hell. For me, it's a great exercise in having a positive outlook despite my inclination towards anxiety. I also think it helped motivate me to meditate more. I definitely know poeple who have had bad experiences tho.

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:34 AM   #12
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5744743

Become the monkey flinging poo at people, this is one thing you can do with your friend, LSD. Happy 75th birthday you Wild Stallion. We're not worthy.

------------------
Say :|

bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:51 AM   #13
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8559680
Thanked 7,375 Times in 5,214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkvolcno View Post
haha.. I always tell people it's my favorite drug. I guess number 2 is caffeine. I totally understand how it could be someones least favorite drug. It is extremely powerful and it can be scary as hell. For me, it's a great exercise in having a positive outlook despite my inclination towards anxiety. I also think it helped motivate me to meditate more. I definitely know poeple who have had bad experiences tho.
I'm a psychological pansy, I like ketamine, MDMA and coke in that order. I rarely fuck with anything else these days. I only fuck with those bitches when I know its legit legit legit.

Well. Weed. But that hardly counts.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote