[HIP HOP] LDKitz - Like water
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 12-04-2018, 07:05 PM   #1
LDKitz
Analog Lurker
LDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860
[HIP HOP] LDKitz - Like water

Here we go again
For this beat i sampled a rly cool guitar melody , chopped it up and made it my style.
Added a cool bassline , drums and some effects on the guitar.. thats it.
Let me know what u think.

Peace.

Advertisements

------------------
LDKitz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [HIP HOP] LDKitz - Like water.
Old 14-04-2018, 01:27 AM   #2
wipeout
Soundscaper
wipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MCwipeout is a savage MC
San Francisco, CA
MC Status: 2023747
Re: [HIP HOP] LDKitz - Like water

I think the mix is really nice. The bassline sounds great too. You could drop some nice vocals on that!

------------------
wipeout is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 07:00 AM   #3
beigeboxgone
Regular Freak
beigeboxgone is a jewel in the roughbeigeboxgone is a jewel in the roughbeigeboxgone is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Lovely chopping, everything mixes really nice also. I know this is just a start / loop and am not sure if you intend for anything more. But I like it so much I will say what I would like to hear.

-Very subtle atmosphere (air, vinyl, noise, a distant train, whatever adds to the feel for you) in the background that comes in after so many bars or the entire time but just really far back via verb and/or low volume. This would help add depth because everything is pretty close up in the mix. But I like that closeness so adding verb to the instruments may not be good unless you want to experiment with that.

-Later on in the loop have an occasional FX hit along with the snare, could even have a reverse version of this. The base of the sound could be some unique sound you find on a record for example. Even a vocal one shot could be cool depending on your style. Throw some verb / delay on that and keep it occasional.

-Some drum fills on occasion could be nice also for example a double / trip snare/kick/ or hat fill. Could even do some reverse drum thing.

-Arrangement wise the next part could be anything but it could be cool to have a stable melody of some kind that is very simple to layer on top. But so many directions you could go, like introducing a that new melody with just the kick for a couple bars before coming back, or dropping out some other thing.

Anyway, it does sound good. Happy choppin!
beigeboxgone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 10:54 AM   #4
LDKitz
Analog Lurker
LDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to beholdLDKitz is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

Appreciate the feedback.
Damn Beigeboxgone thats a lot of stuff Appreciate the time u put into it but i'm not doing all that.
Once i upload the beat it means it is done and it's just missing the vocals or at least some changes on the production like adjustments of volumes or frequencies.

------------------
LDKitz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 12:30 PM   #5
OrphicChronicle
Regular Freak
OrphicChronicle will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

I like the way your arranged the chops in that beat, has really great harmony, kind reminds me of a uplifting conscious beat from the 2000s. but yeah it knocks man =]

Advertisements

OrphicChronicle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote