[Bass]LWJ - Bleachbit
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 12-04-2018, 01:05 PM   #1
localspace
Analog Lurker
localspace is just really nicelocalspace is just really nicelocalspace is just really nicelocalspace is just really nicelocalspace is just really nice
MC Status: 410
[Bass]LWJ - Bleachbit

Here's a new one I'm working on, it's almost finished.

Enjoy and let me know what your think.

Advertisements

localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Bass]LWJ - Bleachbit.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:20 PM   #2
tvmcc
Soundscaper
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522504
Re: [Bass]LWJ - Bleachbit

Losta fun stuff going on, but I truthfuly skipped through so much of it!

Is this trance or bass?

Also why 8 minutes?

Good luck finishing it up, and thanks for sharing
tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
localspace
Analog Lurker
localspace is just really nicelocalspace is just really nicelocalspace is just really nicelocalspace is just really nicelocalspace is just really nice

Why 8 minutes?
Why not?
Why would it need to be short?

Granted, it does sag a bit near the end.. something I'm gonna look at, but it'll still remain a long track.
Most of my tracks are.. if you're a person that skips through everything looking for that instant grat moment, you're not gonna find it with me.
Old 15-04-2018, 11:06 AM   #4
localspace
Analog Lurker

remix!!!!
Old 15-04-2018, 08:25 PM   #5
tvmcc
Soundscaper
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522504

Quote:
Originally Posted by localspace View Post
Why 8 minutes?
Why not?
Why would it need to be short?

Granted, it does sag a bit near the end.. something I'm gonna look at, but it'll still remain a long track.
Most of my tracks are.. if you're a person that skips through everything looking for that instant grat moment, you're not gonna find it with me.
1st off, loving the remix/refix! Feel like it creates the journey that warrants the 8 minutes, which is now 6! Great use of wash outs for transitions. Your counter melodies and glitch drms/ Fx choices make me groove! Solid fun lead! Stereo placement so far sounds on point.

My favorite long-play record would be Boredoms - 77 Boadrum. That record goes on for like 54 minutes. They have other long play records as well. Into tons of other long play type records, and full albums as well. Art Ensemble of Chicago, John ZOrn, and I even listened to some early John Cage recording which were like 12 minutes of just noise.

Think when I first checked out your tune, it was in a rush, and yes I skipped through quickly as 1st 8 seconds didn't grab my attention right away, and i was busy at the time, but still really wanted to cheek out something new in that moment! I apologize if my questions came off in a offensive way.

Any chance we can hear another version with the intro broke down a little more simple? Maybe something like kick on 1 & 3 only, pads ducked a little further with some sortta filter or gain staged up and down db's up till that smooth lead comes in.. then begin the full journey?

Also the vocal at 3:33 maybe push it a little further left?

Thanks for sharing again!
tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 01:39 PM   #6
localspace
Analog Lurker

It's all good, a lot people can't even be bothered to check anything.
I'm not the most regular listener myself So thanks for listening again.
Your questions didn't come off as offensive, I have thicker skin than that... and in the end tastes are gonna be tastes, right? I know my music isn't for everyone (or god's gift to electronica!), it's definitely not the kind of stuff that instantly grabs you... or immediately stands out as hyper experimental sonic art so you know to wear your black turtleneck and get your moustache in order, lol.

Good suggestion on the intro, I'll keep that in mind.
The mix is now completely out of whack because I added all those drums. When I played it on earbuds the big snare was almost completely lost so I definitely need to go back in and really carve everything out.

My favorite types of albums are Amon Tobin's - Permutations. Lots of variation but a kind of cinematic cohesion to it. That's what I'm aiming for.. eventually, haha.
Old 17-04-2018, 12:28 AM   #7
OrphicChronicle
Regular Freak
OrphicChronicle will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

This is fucking great man, the way the drum contextually mix together is really awesome, felt like i was listening to a soundscape with drums haha well done
OrphicChronicle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 09:30 AM   #8
localspace
Analog Lurker

Thanks Orphic.. it's pretty clear I need to do more with breaks, haha.

New track called 'metroit 9' is up now.
Old 17-04-2018, 12:19 PM   #9
OrphicChronicle
Regular Freak
OrphicChronicle will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

that's cool man, i'll check it out

Advertisements

OrphicChronicle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote