[Dark Breaks] Signal Jacker - Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 09-09-2017, 11:31 AM   #1
Richard Travers
Soundscaper
Richard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1310
[Dark Breaks] Signal Jacker - Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic

Ahhh, hey all. . . . .This took the best park of two attempts over a week to produce. how do you guys like it?

Last edited by A.M; 10-09-2017 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: fixed title

Advertisements

------------------
Richard Travers is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Dark Breaks] Signal Jacker - Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:01 PM   #2
Iyashi Sound
Analog Lurker
Iyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond reputeIyashi Sound has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3760
Re: [Dark Breaks] Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic (Signal Jacker)

Coming directly from listening to early Sun Ra, the bass pressure of this thing made me feel like I was suddenly deep under water. It's well made though, although the mood is a bit disturbing too (intentionally I presume). I like the subtle jazz swing feel of it, but think it would be safe to open the drum-machine hi-hat a bit more here and there, let it breathe a bit, - although it might risk the whole underwater feeling. Good stuff

Last edited by Iyashi Sound; 09-09-2017 at 05:35 PM..
Iyashi Sound is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:22 PM   #3
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Deadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond repute
Norfolk
MC Status: 2060

That was ace! Plus it's my favourite Isaac Hayes track too. Love the way it really pumps.
Deadly Rhythm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:49 AM   #4
Richard Travers
Soundscaper
Richard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyashi Sound View Post
Coming directly from listening to early Sun Ra, the bass pressure of this thing made me feel like I was suddenly deep under water. It's well made though, although the mood is a bit disturbing too (intentionally I presume). I like the subtle jazz swing feel of it, but think it would be safe to open the drum-machine hi-hat a bit more here and there, let it breathe a bit, - although it might risk the whole underwater feeling. Good stuff
Nice one Iyashi, I made the bass by low passing the samples down to their bass frequencies and then put them through a reverb, it's a nice combination, my favourite part is the Wendy Carlos synth sample from Clockwork Orange towards the end. I'll have a look at te hi hat parts and see if I can jazz them up a bit.

------------------
Old 10-09-2017, 12:50 AM   #5
Richard Travers
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Rhythm View Post
That was ace! Plus it's my favourite Isaac Hayes track too. Love the way it really pumps.
Cheers Deadly, it's a great tune to sample, I'm not the first by any means though.

------------------
Old 11-09-2017, 07:03 PM   #6
starphase
Minor Glitch
starphase has a spectacular aura aboutstarphase has a spectacular aura about
Palo, Leyte
MC Status: 160
Re: [Dark Breaks] Signal Jacker - Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic

It's a great mix. One of its strongest points is its low-freq bass which is something I've only heard from a handful of other tracks, and very much liked.

Kept me hooked throughout the whole duration of it!
starphase is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:59 PM   #7
Richard Travers
Soundscaper
Re: [Dark Breaks] Signal Jacker - Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by starphase View Post
It's a great mix. One of its strongest points is its low-freq bass which is something I've only heard from a handful of other tracks, and very much liked.

Kept me hooked throughout the whole duration of it!
Thanks Starphase mate. I learned how to engineer bass as a sound system tech at clubs and raves back in the 90's. I've always tried to emulate that sound. Current tune I'm working on is also very deep. will post it very soon, tomorrow or wednesday.

Cheers bruv!!

Advertisements

------------------