[Electro-IDM-Breaks-SoundTrack] Daggit - StruggleTrain
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 06-09-2017, 05:51 PM   #1
Daggit
Knob Twiddler
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
Because science
MC Status: 4110
Icon4 [Electro-IDM-Breaks-SoundTrack] Daggit - StruggleTrain

This tune turned out pretty well. I hope you enjoy it. Free download.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Hear my tunes at https://hearthis.at/daggit-gr/
Using: M-Audio KeyStation 49es, Alesis M1Active 320 USB, HP EliteBook, Xubuntu Linux w/WINE, Reaper, FL Studio, lots of freeware VST instruments and effects.
Daggit is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electro-IDM-Breaks-SoundTrack] Daggit - StruggleTrain.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:05 AM   #2
White Noise
Deep Underground
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 19560
Re: [Electro-IDM-Breaks-SoundTrack] Daggit - StruggleTrain

I was thinking I recognized that bass from somewhere and then realized it's a harmor preset halfway through the song. +1 harmorpoints.

Seriously though, good use, I've used that in a song too. Bit of an odd groove, but the guitar (I think it was guitar) was really pretty.

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:08 PM   #3
Daggit
Knob Twiddler
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
Because science
Icon12 Re: [Electro-IDM-Breaks-SoundTrack] Daggit - StruggleTrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
I was thinking I recognized that bass from somewhere and then realized it's a harmor preset halfway through the song. +1 harmorpoints.

Seriously though, good use, I've used that in a song too. Bit of an odd groove, but the guitar (I think it was guitar) was really pretty.
Thanks. I'm glad you liked the guitar. I hope you enjoyed other parts as well. The groove is intended to be a bit "wonky" because of the combination of 4/4 and 12/8 meter. That's intentional.

The Harmor Preset is right hahahaha. But I resampled it into HighLife and changed it a little bit. Also, I was attracted to that bass preset sound because it reminds me of a bass sound in a tune by Culture Beat (which preceded the invention of Harmor and VST instruments by several years). I used to own the tune on vinyl in the late 80s or early 1990s.

Harmor really is good at creating analog bass sounds because the filters can be tweaked to perfection. It's funny because hardly anybody ever mentions that and instead focuses on the image and resampling functions.

I find it rather complex to use in some ways, but the sound quality is excellent.

Anyways, the only thing I don't like about my tune is that the Amen break I used wasn't clean enough and I wish it had been in stereo. I might try to fix that in a new version.

Thanks for commenting.

------------------
Using: M-Audio KeyStation 49es, Alesis M1Active 320 USB, HP EliteBook, Xubuntu Linux w/WINE, Reaper, FL Studio, lots of freeware VST instruments and effects.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:39 AM   #4
White Noise
Deep Underground
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 19560
Re: [Electro-IDM-Breaks-SoundTrack] Daggit - StruggleTrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggit View Post
Anyways, the only thing I don't like about my tune is that the Amen break I used wasn't clean enough and I wish it had been in stereo. I might try to fix that in a new version.
I actually have an amen break fairly clean (and by clean I mean unprocessed) and all sliced up for the amen break comp right now (not sure if it's stereo, but the original recording might not be), I've been meaning to upload that for people to have. Hopefully this weekend as work is nucking futs right now.

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:50 PM   #5
Daggit
Knob Twiddler
Because science
Icon7 Clean AMEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
I actually have an amen break fairly clean (and by clean I mean unprocessed) and all sliced up for the amen break comp right now (not sure if it's stereo, but the original recording might not be), I've been meaning to upload that for people to have. Hopefully this weekend as work is nucking futs right now.
Thanks man, I hope work settles down for you.
I probably won't do the competition, but I will certainly listen to the entries. Peace be with ya.

Advertisements

------------------