[House/Dance] James Pingel - Absence of Memory
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 06-09-2017, 06:31 AM   #1
White Noise
Deep Underground
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 19560
[House/Dance] James Pingel - Absence of Memory

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Sorry guys, no SC player embed while private sharing right now, SC changed their embed so the wordpress code is no longer a thing, which means I have no idea how to embed private links for now.

Anyways, this still needs a fair amount of automation, but I'm pretty concerned about the mix. I think I may have gotten it right before I rendered, but it's given me a fair amount of trouble. Just when one thing sounds good, another is gone, and it doesn't quite fit together as smoothly as I normally like. Let me know what jumps out at you.

Advertisements

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [House/Dance] James Pingel - Absence of Memory.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:58 AM   #2
Tzarar
Minor Glitch
Tzarar is a jewel in the roughTzarar is a jewel in the roughTzarar is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
Re: [House/Dance] James Pingel - Absence of Memory

Nice,
I think the piano in the intro could use a little FX/Reverb automations/more layering.
Like the hollow synth that comes in over it tho
Tzarar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:55 AM   #3
PPLo
Analog Lurker
PPLo has a spectacular aura aboutPPLo has a spectacular aura aboutPPLo has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

Nice track!
Sweet happy / party mood.
Could use a little more variations, but I guess it's tie to the style.
The ending part could be used as a break in the middle of the track to bring back the energy after.

Good work, cheers!

------------------
Soundcloud - Facebook
PPLo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:24 PM   #4
WarRen
IDMf's latest spammer
WarRen is currently spamming hard
Oregon, United States
MC Status: 10

Well made track! I admit, not fave style, but, I give it all a shot. I like the drum scheme you have. I like the artistic mid section were the drums drop out. Its unique in a good way. I am curious is this at one of the standard BPM? Like 124-130 bpm. I love working with 124 , 128, 136 in 4/4. I for some reason have been writing in 6/8 at anywhere between 65-142 bpm. Just wanting to see what other people favor. Keep up the work!

I am new to this forum and hope I attached the Soundcloud track correctly. If I did this wrong, notify me and show me what I did wrong. Want to make sure I am following the admin rules. I have been exploring this site more lately and I like it and what to start posting.

Music for music. I tried to bring a very interesting and unusual project from a corrupted file. Yikes. A lot of work. Not 100% what I wanted, but close enough. Lol. Check it out:

WarRen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 04:33 AM   #5
White Noise
Deep Underground
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 19560

Thanks guys, coming back and reading your input got me to launch my daw for the first time in a couple of days and think about the next steps for this song!

Warren this is 109 bpm with the drums in 4/4 time. The chords and all melodies follow.... something else. The only other time signature I know is 3/4, and this is something different. It essentially squeezes an 8-bar 8-chord progression into 4 bars and then adds swings and inverted stabs (also with swing). I find I like to work most in the 92-115 range for stuff where I start from scratch. Though these days I usually feel like anything under 105 is really slow and plodding, so I usually start at 106 and go from there.

You're not "supposed" to be asking for feedback on tracks until you have 30 posts, but you don't seem like a spam-lord just trying to reach the 30-post count and get their track on here as fast as possible, so I will oblige.

I didn't hear anything wrong with the production. To me, the track felt like riser after riser until the last 30 seconds when it all just fell. But it never seemed to rise to anything and it didn't have anywhere to fall from. Where's that drop dude? You're close, and believe me, I know what it's like to have songs like that, I used to get this exact complaint all the time. I wish I could tell you how to make a "drop" (I use that term loosely because I still don't think I'm great at making them), but it sort of just clicked one day after a bunch of practice. Just keep making stuff and trying your best and you'll get there.

Advertisements

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote