[Breakbeat/Electronic/Funk] Qatarsis - Airy Patterns
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 27-08-2017, 01:35 PM   #1
Phili
Soundwave Mangler
Phili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MCPhili is a savage MC
Lübeck
MC Status: 909486
[Breakbeat/Electronic/Funk] Qatarsis - Airy Patterns

Hey guys

i'd love to know what you think about my new track

is the mix okay like that ?

anyway, hope you enjoy !

best

Philipp

Advertisements

------------------
Phili is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Breakbeat/Electronic/Funk] Qatarsis - Airy Patterns.
Old 29-08-2017, 12:45 PM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42379599
Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,209 Posts
Re: Qatarsis - Airy Patterns

Difficult to tell, it sounds very compressed. So much hiss in this, can't tell if its at source or the Soundcloud streaming itself. That said, bass drum seems slightly quiet but not by much and most of the parts seem to sit ok with each other.

Was it recorded or rendered at a low bit depth?

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #3
localspace
Minor Glitch
localspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
Re: [Breakbeat/Electronic/Funk] Qatarsis - Airy Patterns

Nice.. I like the drums and when the vocals come in. The crunchy monotonous synth pad or whatever it is, that plays throughout is too overbearing though... it gets on my nerves after a while. Maybe it works to have it playing up to a certain point and then take it off to 'open up' the track?

Also the sounds of drums could use a bit more work, it's a bit metallic and harsh and could use more weight in the upper-lows.
localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 03:15 PM   #4
starphase
Minor Glitch
starphase will become famous soon enoughstarphase will become famous soon enough
Palo, Leyte
MC Status: 110

I like the flow and structure of the track itself, but I do agree that the kick somewhat lacks impact here. Although it would be good to give the kick drum a bit more 'boom' in the first part, I think the second part got the drums down pat. Putting in a few surprises in the first half by adding some more punch in those kicks (punch...kick?) might keep things interesting.

Still, a sophisticated track I'd say.
starphase is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 05:03 AM   #5
Aster and Ivy
Regular Freak
Aster and Ivy is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I agree with what they said before me and say that the synth droning can get aggravating because it doesn't stop at all in the song. The underlying bass is actually really good, but it's too done-ey in my opinion. I do like how the vocals sounded though. Another thing is don't sausage the song. It is way too compressed and I
knew it would be before I even listened to it because of the waveform. Leave some room for dynamics in there. Also, I didn't like the female vocals very much. Has some serious potential though.

Advertisements

Aster and Ivy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote