After 10 months of patience, it's here: Soma Lyra 4
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 24-08-2017, 08:46 PM   #1
Emmanuel G.
Microknight
Emmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2210
After 10 months of patience, it's here: Soma Lyra 4

I remember when I saw the video, I had to have this thing, they said we'd have to pre order by mail and wait. And so I did.

At some point, I thought they forgot about me, had no news whatsoever, but life went on, until recently, they sent me an email saying it was ready.

So I sent them my digitakt money and today it finally came.

Soma Synths, Lyra 4 is one of 2, there's also the lyra 8, Lyra 4 has 4 voices and lyra 8, you guessed it, the 8 also has a few other bits and bobs, but I decided for the lyra 4 for several reasons

Less complex, cheaper, and it was supposed to be only a couple months between the pre order email and delivery (I think they're closer to that now)

So this is the original product demo video

While you can find many lyra 8 vids on youtube, there are almost none from the lyra 4, and none at all where it's used in a more "harmonic" way, and I was wondering if it could do it somewhat properly.

It does feel like a traditional instrument, in the sense that it has a very distinctive sound and a good set of limitations, the kind of limitations that will stimulate your creativity and take you places you never heard of.

So I did a quick jam, shortly after unboxing it, with all the excitement, I messed up the mix, but you can get an idea.

I'm falling in love with this thing, and the learning curve seems fairly long

Advertisements

Emmanuel G. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
Bipolar Joe
Master of the LFO
Bipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8310
Re: After 10 months of patience, it's here: Soma Lyra 4

Thanks for posting this, I've been looking for that bit of gear for a while now and couldn't remember the name. Got myself on the waiting list for the 8. What's the carry case he supplies with it like?

------------------
Try a lowpassed square wave, moron.

Also, buy my God damn music, please.
Bipolar Joe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Bipolar Joe
Emmanuel G. (19-09-2017)
Old 19-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #3
Emmanuel G.
Microknight
Emmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2210
Re: After 10 months of patience, it's here: Soma Lyra 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar Joe View Post
Thanks for posting this, I've been looking for that bit of gear for a while now and couldn't remember the name. Got myself on the waiting list for the 8. What's the carry case he supplies with it like?
Hi, sorry I've been on an off the forum lately. I didn't get anything special as a carry case, but the case it went in is plenty good enough to do the job. I understand they have these now.

Sold my lyra because I actually also got a lyra 8 DIY kit, the 4 is awesome but it made me want the 8 that much more so I pulled the trigger.

Advertisements

Emmanuel G. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote