Connecting your iPad to run Apps as virtual VSTs
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #1
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 51860
Thanked 1,037 Times in 764 Posts
Connecting your iPad to run Apps as virtual VSTs

Posted up recently regarding issues I've had connecting my iPad via an iConnect device. I came across this cool solution offered by [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

It consists of a server program you run on your Mac or PC and a dedicated host app on the iOS device, both called Studiomux. You launch your IAA or Audiobus compatible app from that host software and you can use it like any old VST. You get 8 channels of audio plus one from your computer to the app.

It was a zero pain process, albeit not all apps are entirely compatible. Oh, and it's only $10.

Last edited by liquid_air; 06-08-2017 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: Link now fixed. Thanks AM

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:23 PM   #2
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 25810
Re: Connecting your iPad to run Apps as virtual VSTs

I am glad you got something to work for you but it's still odd you can't get your iconnect to work.

------------------
jbvdb493 is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:19 PM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181060
Thanked 3,621 Times in 2,700 Posts
Re: Connecting your iPad to run Apps as virtual VSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
Posted up recently regarding issues I've had connecting my iPad via an iConnect device. I came across this cool solution offered by [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

It consists of a server program you run on your Mac or PC and a dedicated host app on the iOS device. You launch your IAA or Audiobus compatible app from that host software and you can use it like any old VST. You get 8 channels of audio plus one from your computer to the app.

It was a zero pain process, albeit not all apps are entirely compatible.
Just a heads-up..

You need to edit that link..it shows the ".com" in the post here, but when you click it, the ".com" is omitted and you are taken to a "Server not found" page.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote