(Jazz/Trip Hop) - Signal Jacker - Break Five
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 20-07-2017, 05:43 PM   #1
Richard Travers
Soundscaper
Richard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1310
(Jazz/Trip Hop) - Signal Jacker - Break Five

I have remixed Take Five, I hope I have done it justice?

Last edited by A.M; 20-07-2017 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: title fixed

Advertisements

------------------
Richard Travers is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - (Jazz/Trip Hop) - Signal Jacker - Break Five.
Old 20-07-2017, 05:50 PM   #2
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 260
Re: (Jazz/Trip Hop) - Signal Jacker (Break Five)

Dave Brubeck would be proud

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 05:52 PM   #3
Richard Travers
Soundscaper
Richard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud ofRichard Travers has much to be proud of
Re: (Jazz/Trip Hop) - Signal Jacker (Break Five)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerflesh View Post
Dave Brubeck would be proud
Thankyou Strangerflesh you're very kind man, I was pretty daunted at taking on such a classic, but with such good matierial , can't really go wrong lol.

------------------
Old 21-07-2017, 05:07 AM   #4
destinationsoun
Minor Glitch
destinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 810
Re: (Jazz/Trip Hop) - Signal Jacker - Break Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Travers View Post
I have remixed Take Five, I hope I have done it justice?

It's safe to say I never wanted to hear take 5 ever again lol.... the one millionth play I said "Argo never again!"

That said, I enjoyed your remix the weird delayed stuff towards the end was cool.
destinationsoun is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 08:29 AM   #5
Richard Travers
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinationsoun View Post
It's safe to say I never wanted to hear take 5 ever again lol.... the one millionth play I said "Argo never again!"

That said, I enjoyed your remix the weird delayed stuff towards the end was cool.
I can sympathise with that lol, glad you gave it a go aways have plenty of weird delayed stuff in my tracks. . . . standard.

------------------
Old 16-08-2017, 07:25 PM   #6
jonistaken
Radial Developer
jonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nice
MC Status: 428

at 30ish, read through all of the comments, not sure how this will turn into take five, but im curious. Heard this one flipped like 20ish times.. ok here it is 1:00ish.. Sweet sound candy reverse effects at 1:10ish... The vocal run here only sounds like take five because I was expecting it... more cool glitchy shit around 2ish.. Now we are in the class break we all know and presumably love... processing on the break is interesting.. now we seem to be back to the main hook around 3:17ish... that pitched delay sound is kinda interesting.. also liking that multiple versions were sampled for this. Didnt expect synth bass around 3:40ish to hit... filter/break section around 4:10ish is interesting. 4:50ish... this is my favorite section so far.. finally fell apart around 5:50... we still have that cool spooky organ line moving with the sample, also seems to be some synth work phasing in... all arrived at 6:30... and modulating synth outro....

Overall, I thought this was an interesting take on a sample we have probably all heard flipped and/or covered a million times. I also have no clue how some of these effects were made, and some of them sounded new to me, so props for your sound design there.

I tried to stalk you on soundcloud but the link in your signature appears to be dead.

------------------
jonistaken is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 10:36 AM   #7
Richard Travers
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonistaken View Post
at 30ish, read through all of the comments, not sure how this will turn into take five, but im curious. Heard this one flipped like 20ish times.. ok here it is 1:00ish.. Sweet sound candy reverse effects at 1:10ish... The vocal run here only sounds like take five because I was expecting it... more cool glitchy shit around 2ish.. Now we are in the class break we all know and presumably love... processing on the break is interesting.. now we seem to be back to the main hook around 3:17ish... that pitched delay sound is kinda interesting.. also liking that multiple versions were sampled for this. Didnt expect synth bass around 3:40ish to hit... filter/break section around 4:10ish is interesting. 4:50ish... this is my favorite section so far.. finally fell apart around 5:50... we still have that cool spooky organ line moving with the sample, also seems to be some synth work phasing in... all arrived at 6:30... and modulating synth outro....

Overall, I thought this was an interesting take on a sample we have probably all heard flipped and/or covered a million times. I also have no clue how some of these effects were made, and some of them sounded new to me, so props for your sound design there.

I tried to stalk you on soundcloud but the link in your signature appears to be dead.
Thanks jonistaken,wicked breakdown man, I know it's not without it's faults and now I listen back to it some time later I can deffinitely see plenty of them, am working on very poor quality headphones, so a lot of it is guesswork. I think it came out pretty nce, not an amazing tune, but I'm hapy with it.

I have edited my siignature, please do follow me on Soundcloud, I could use your support.

Peace.

------------------
Old 23-08-2017, 12:08 AM   #8
tvmcc
Knob Twiddler
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522404

It's solid for a listen through bruv!

In time this could be used as a tool to play around with for some mixing, or otherwise. Great use of textures, and space!

Also nice to read that you received the criticism with regard!

Thanks for sharing.
tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 11:32 AM   #9
Richard Travers
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmcc View Post
It's solid for a listen through bruv!

In time this could be used as a tool to play around with for some mixing, or otherwise. Great use of textures, and space!

Also nice to read that you received the criticism with regard!

Thanks for sharing.
Cheers tvmcc, I really appreciate your comments man, yeah it's toatally mixable, or could be used as part of a great set/mix tape, the textures came out especially nice I was inspired by one of Neil Ardly's psychodelic Jazz pieces and just took it from there really. the piece contains a fusion of the two artists styles and samples, Brubeck and Ardley.

Last edited by Richard Travers; 23-08-2017 at 11:43 AM..

------------------
Old 27-08-2017, 11:50 AM   #10
starphase
Minor Glitch
starphase will become famous soon enoughstarphase will become famous soon enough
Palo, Leyte
MC Status: 110

This is one of the best remixes I've ever heard, hands down. I didn't know what the original arrangement was, so I had to look it up and listen to it. I'm pretty sure you've done a great job justifying the original with your remix.
starphase is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2017, 12:38 PM   #11
Richard Travers
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by starphase View Post
This is one of the best remixes I've ever heard, hands down. I didn't know what the original arrangement was, so I had to look it up and listen to it. I'm pretty sure you've done a great job justifying the original with your remix.

Oh wow, cheers starphase, thats so cool of you to say thanks man!!

------------------
Old 04-09-2017, 05:22 AM   #12
Aster and Ivy
Regular Freak
Aster and Ivy is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I like how textured the song is, but it can come off as a bit too busy at times. Maybe simplify it a little in whatever way might make sense for you. For example, I liked it around 3:05 not too much going on there and it made a lot more sense to listen to.
Aster and Ivy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:47 PM   #13
Richard Travers
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aster and Ivy View Post
I like how textured the song is, but it can come off as a bit too busy at times. Maybe simplify it a little in whatever way might make sense for you. For example, I liked it around 3:05 not too much going on there and it made a lot more sense to listen to.
YEs have to agree with you there, it's an old project now so will probabaly leave it but thanks for the pointer.

------------------
Old 07-09-2017, 02:51 PM   #14
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222281034
Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,729 Posts

i think its fucking ace. really well done. ill check out some more of your soundcloud. cheers

EDIT: I wasn't expecting a take five rework. when I first heard a bit of the piano I thought 'oooh hes woven a bit of take five in there I like that'. then it just kept growing. a really nice way to discover its a take five re-juj

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:06 PM   #15
Richard Travers
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterBrown View Post
i think its fucking ace. really well done. ill check out some more of your soundcloud. cheers

EDIT: I wasn't expecting a take five rework. when I first heard a bit of the piano I thought 'oooh hes woven a bit of take five in there I like that'. then it just kept growing. a really nice way to discover its a take five re-juj
Ahh cheers Funkmaster glad you like it mate On the subject of other tunes, well, there's bits and pieces up on mu SC which are OK, but the next track, the piece I am currently working on is pretty freakin' sick, it's a mix of Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic, I'll post it tomorrow or the day after

Cheers again

Peace

------------------
Old 11-09-2017, 08:26 PM   #16
PrimeSuspect
Minor Glitch
PrimeSuspect will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Awesome remix! Nice job
PrimeSuspect is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:53 PM   #17
Richard Travers
Soundscaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeSuspect View Post
Awesome remix! Nice job
Thanks Prime mate, glad you liked it

Advertisements

------------------