[IDM Garage] NOWFEEl-completely Lost
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 09-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #1
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 260
[IDM Garage] NOWFEEl-completely Lost

Looking for feedback on this tracks composition, if it's to busy or what changes i could make to increase its appeal. I fucking love it, but everyone I show it to isn't crazy about it and Im wanting to learn why and what I should be more aware of in my writing style. All feedback would really help me hopefully improve my composition skills. Thanks in advance

Advertisements

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [IDM Garage] NOWFEEl-completely Lost.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:45 PM   #2
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
Re: [IDM Garage] NOWFEEl-completely Lost

Any Feedback super appreciated

------------------
Old 10-04-2017, 09:26 PM   #3
Naiqvist
Soundwave Mangler
Naiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MCNaiqvist is a savage MC
MC Status: 812406

I really like this, the atmosphere is really chill and a little melancholy but the beat is glitch and driving. Some of the highs seem a bit hissy to me (particularly the hi-hats and the snare) I especially like the bassline that starts around 3:15-3:20. Very layered and interesting, and has some great dynamics. My only real issue is that some of the sounds need some EQ adjustments. Thanks for sharing
Naiqvist is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:49 PM   #4
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiqvist View Post
I really like this, the atmosphere is really chill and a little melancholy but the beat is glitch and driving. Some of the highs seem a bit hissy to me (particularly the hi-hats and the snare) I especially like the bassline that starts around 3:15-3:20. Very layered and interesting, and has some great dynamics. My only real issue is that some of the sounds need some EQ adjustments. Thanks for sharing
Thanks for the feedback I agree, still need going to rework the track a bit and do a final mix down and master . I'll update with the new track when it's all done. Thanks again

------------------
Old 12-04-2017, 10:11 PM   #5
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
Winnipeg

Last bump . Anymore feedback appreciated, need help with the song

------------------
Old 13-04-2017, 09:26 PM   #6
ab
IDMf Artist
ab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MC
Duesseldorf
MC Status: 46080164
Thanked 1,230 Times in 830 Posts

i enjoy the fades (in and out) of layers. good mixing on most parts, also i dig the change of instruments. feels plaid-y

do more

------------------
ab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 02:06 PM   #7
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab View Post
i enjoy the fades (in and out) of layers. good mixing on most parts, also i dig the change of instruments. feels plaid-y

do more
Thanks meng I promise to do more, getting a friend in this weekend lay down vocals for the track , Ill post it when its all wrapped up

------------------
Old 15-04-2017, 02:30 PM   #8
Novaspire
Analog Lurker
Novaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MC
MC Status: 1418503

It may be just my preference but I find the drums kind of thin. Perhaps you can add some harmonics to them, by layering some thing extra on top of them.
Novaspire is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 02:31 PM   #9
Novaspire
Analog Lurker
Novaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MCNovaspire is a savage MC
MC Status: 1418503

I like what you do with the melody and vocals at 3:20!
Novaspire is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 03:24 PM   #10
Stressshot
Minor Glitch
Stressshot will become famous soon enough
Helsinki
MC Status: 60

Sounds little muddy to me. Try cut 100hz - 200hz
Stressshot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 03:47 PM   #11
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
Winnipeg

Thanks for the feedback Still haven't mixed or mastered the song , wanted to know that the arrangement was good before I got down to the nitty gritty. Most definitely needs some cleaning up!

------------------
Old 16-04-2017, 11:26 AM   #12
Xinus
Granular Poster
Xinus has a spectacular aura aboutXinus has a spectacular aura about
Copenhagen
MC Status: 160

I really dig your track man! Love the drums, the bass melody and the vocals. Maybe a bit too discordant at the piece starting at 2:32, but not completely sure. Great tempo shift!
Well done!
Looking forward to hear it cleaned up as you said.

------------------
Xinus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 03:48 PM   #13
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinus View Post
I really dig your track man! Love the drums, the bass melody and the vocals. Maybe a bit too discordant at the piece starting at 2:32, but not completely sure. Great tempo shift!
Well done!
Looking forward to hear it cleaned up as you said.
Many thanks my man! Thank you for the feedback

------------------
Old 17-04-2017, 08:14 PM   #14
ATvrB
Granular Poster
ATvrB is currently spamming hard
Living in Denmark
MC Status: 10

Wow, killer arrangement! Great journey! I agree that the drums sound thin (example: 2:40). The Medium/High hits and not being very effective

Looking forward to listen to the developments!
ATvrB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 08:17 PM   #15
ATvrB
Granular Poster
ATvrB is currently spamming hard
Living in Denmark
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novaspire View Post
It may be just my preference but I find the drums kind of thin. Perhaps you can add some harmonics to them, by layering some thing extra on top of them.
Interesting idea! Novaspire, could you please elaborate on how you would add harmonics to the thinner elements to make them full?
ATvrB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2017, 09:19 PM   #16
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATvrB View Post
Wow, killer arrangement! Great journey! I agree that the drums sound thin (example: 2:40). The Medium/High hits and not being very effective

Looking forward to listen to the developments!
Totally agree, Im still waiting to get a friend in to put new vocals down. Hopefully I can get them in soon! so I can finish up the arrangement and mix. Thanks so much for the feedback

------------------
Old 09-09-2017, 06:09 PM   #17
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
Winnipeg

So finally getting back to this track! Got my sisters to do vocals and just arranging them now. Kinda lost objectivity with this one and was hoping for some feedback on the vocal arrangement . How is there placement..too much too little etc. I have more vocals I can add if need be. Any feedback would be amazing....really hoping to finish this one up and do a final mix and master . Thanks in advance!!

Here's the track

------------------
Old 12-09-2017, 03:16 PM   #18
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
Winnipeg

plurs halp

------------------
Old 12-09-2017, 09:22 PM   #19
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522504

It is a bit busy, and some of the elements seem rushed, but hey.. this is a solid and fun ideal!

The 1st thing i noticed on computer speakers was that it feels like to many instruments are sharing similar frequencies. After listening to the song on my monitors I found the same issues.

Can you do a few different layers with the horns? Possibly placing the higher registered brass elements on the side, and a tuba(or synth low brass sound) in the mid section.

That organ sound feels like it would be a bit more powerful if it was going thru a amp?

When the flute comes i feel so calm, and got a smile! Possibly pan it a bit.

Your bells seem to clash with the other thing that sounds like a sugar bytes arp that pans from side to side.

Please bring up the brass a wee bit.. can barely hear em, and my ears are dying to hear that phrase as the support you've so kindly built up!

In the intro instead of having the beat run so steady, can we possibly break it up so it feels like it's single hits up till about .. 1:08? Just looking to tease the ear a bit more in the beginning as it seems the song builds so fast right out the gate... excuse the racing pun! =D

That metal shuffle that's under the chorus type section 1:09-.. feels a little off, and could be pushed back under the mix later to give the whole track that sweet shuffle your going for! Solid ideal!

5:04 ... just thought about a pretty rad addition for this section... maybe do something similar to a marvin gaye track or otherwise where people add some foley of a bar conversation here...

Love how the tune really starts to come together at about the 3:14 mark! It gets a bit hard to tell what instruments are there as support, and what's the main melody to follow though.

Not sure if you plan to add any FX's or if they are already in the song, but a nice reverse cymbal or some flanged hit to announce the transitions would be pretty rad!

What a fun concept behind this, and thanks so much for sharing!
tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 06:48 PM   #20
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmcc View Post
It is a bit busy, and some of the elements seem rushed, but hey.. this is a solid and fun ideal!

The 1st thing i noticed on computer speakers was that it feels like to many instruments are sharing similar frequencies. After listening to the song on my monitors I found the same issues.

Can you do a few different layers with the horns? Possibly placing the higher registered brass elements on the side, and a tuba(or synth low brass sound) in the mid section.

That organ sound feels like it would be a bit more powerful if it was going thru a amp?

When the flute comes i feel so calm, and got a smile! Possibly pan it a bit.

Your bells seem to clash with the other thing that sounds like a sugar bytes arp that pans from side to side.

Please bring up the brass a wee bit.. can barely hear em, and my ears are dying to hear that phrase as the support you've so kindly built up!

In the intro instead of having the beat run so steady, can we possibly break it up so it feels like it's single hits up till about .. 1:08? Just looking to tease the ear a bit more in the beginning as it seems the song builds so fast right out the gate... excuse the racing pun! =D

That metal shuffle that's under the chorus type section 1:09-.. feels a little off, and could be pushed back under the mix later to give the whole track that sweet shuffle your going for! Solid ideal!

5:04 ... just thought about a pretty rad addition for this section... maybe do something similar to a marvin gaye track or otherwise where people add some foley of a bar conversation here...

Love how the tune really starts to come together at about the 3:14 mark! It gets a bit hard to tell what instruments are there as support, and what's the main melody to follow though.

Not sure if you plan to add any FX's or if they are already in the song, but a nice reverse cymbal or some flanged hit to announce the transitions would be pretty rad!

What a fun concept behind this, and thanks so much for sharing!
Thanks for the very detailed help. Will take a look into some of your suggestions Thanks for the help and the listen

Advertisements

------------------