Lush Reverb Tutorial Series
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Tutorials Section Found or written an interesting tutorial recently? Share it here.

Old 27-09-2016, 12:43 AM   #1
Urple.Eeple
Radial Developer
Urple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MCUrple.Eeple is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 212696

Hi guys!

I've made a couple of tutorials detailing a unique technique I use to create ultra-lush sounding reverb spaces. I mostly use it on pads and instruments that I want sounding super wide and sexy.

PART 1:

PART 2:

I'd love to hear what you guys think of this technique!

Advertisements

------------------
Urple.Eeple is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 01:02 AM   #2
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 20910
Re: Lush Reverb Tutorial Series

This made me try my own combination reverb in FL studio (I'm guessing there's a way to do this in Ableton). I took my synth and routed it first so that the volume of the output was used as a CV, then used that CV to alternate between two reverb units: one short ambient reverb that is on when a note is being played, and one long reverb that only turns on when the output from the synth falls below the detection threshold. This gave a clean reverb while playing notes, even fast sequences, but then filled in the empty space when the synth was not being played, no automation necessary.
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
professurreal (30-09-2016)
Old 30-09-2016, 06:34 PM   #3
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59410
Thanked 1,188 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
This made me try my own combination reverb in FL studio (I'm guessing there's a way to do this in Ableton). I took my synth and routed it first so that the volume of the output was used as a CV, then used that CV to alternate between two reverb units: one short ambient reverb that is on when a note is being played, and one long reverb that only turns on when the output from the synth falls below the detection threshold. This gave a clean reverb while playing notes, even fast sequences, but then filled in the empty space when the synth was not being played, no automation necessary.

That sounds interesting. I think it can be done in Live with an effect rack and the max4live envelope follower device.
I'll have to try that sometime

Advertisements

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote