Issues with song structure/arrangement. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:17 AM   #21
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8559980
Thanked 7,381 Times in 5,218 Posts
Re: Issues with song structure/arrangement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeoR View Post
Good white noise, you have to proces it with good compression, not bad compression, and EQ, then overdrive and reverb, and a bit more overdrive, autopan and layer with brown or pink noise..

Huh. Right on.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #22
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 507776

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I want to know what good white noise sounds like versus bad white noise. Totally serious question.
I'm still just trying to figure out where in the phrase: "I want to be more creative in my structures and arrangement" it became assumed that snare rolls and white noise sweeps would be part of that equation. Those are the two most overdone transitional elements in EDM.
penguinoid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #23
imma3k
Soundscaper
imma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud of
narnia, chillin with mr tumnus n shit.
MC Status: 1310

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinoid View Post
I'm still just trying to figure out where in the phrase: "I want to be more creative in my structures and arrangement" it became assumed that snare rolls and white noise sweeps would be part of that equation. Those are the two most overdone transitional elements in EDM.
yeah, those are the kinda thing im trying to stray from. im not a big fan of them anyway. ive almost totally finished about 3 tracks in the past few days, and one of them was a copy of another songs arrangement and the other 2 are me just experimenting with stuff and it doesnt sound bad at all - i'd like to think that by copying other artists arrangements ive at least learned a thing or 2. they'll probably pop up in the lb when theyre done but if anyones still interested in the original topic and not the laptop speaker debate let me know and i can throw a link here too for critiquing.

------------------
Latest Track:
imma3k is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:10 AM   #24
arpeggio_junkie
Soundscaper
arpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of lightarpeggio_junkie is a glorious beacon of light
San Diego, California
MC Status: 510

Username relic has the right idea. Make 64 bars of an evolving progression. Just add a new repeating pattern every 8 bars. Then chop it up and rearrange it by ear. You'll probably need to listen to your track over and over 300 times and make iterative changes a similar number of times. It helps if you know how to harmonize instruments. The other alternative is you can go out and cover 10 of your favorite songs. Just drag the whole wav of the original song right into the pianoroll of your daw, and then line up your cover patterns with the original song so they sync up. After you've done 10 covers, you'll have your own style of arrangement that is derived from the top artists, but it will be more like your own personal blend.

Advertisements

arpeggio_junkie is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote