How do you guys compose and play? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 25-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #21
Divercity
Red Gains signifies POWER
Divercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MC
MC Status: 109299477
Re: How do you guys compose and play?

I usually sit down, Close my eyes and just play the piano or violin/synth.

Once I get a good melody I correct it based on theory and build around it.

Advertisements

------------------
"Live the early years of your life like most people wont, so you can live the rest of your life like most people can't"
Divercity is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #22
Spiritos
Ghostly
Spiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond repute
Amsterdam
MC Status: 7010
Re: How do you guys compose and play?

Interesting to notice many of you use various ways of improvisation, whether this is by playing live, sampling, rearranging or even randomization. I think I need to incorporate the more DAW-based improvisation possibilites more often in my composing.

This is also why I sometimes feel I made the wrong decision by choosing a more linear-based DAW (Sonar) as opposed to Ableton of which I recently downloaded a demo to fool around in Session View.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to share your ideas!

Advertisements

Spiritos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote