how to: Lyrics? Songwriting? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 16-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #21
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1539127
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,290 Posts
Re: how to: Lyrics? Songwriting?

thanks for all of the responses here.

at this point I'm making some progress.

i've not tracked anything yet but i'm starting to get some decent lyrics together.

I have been singing some melodies, trying to work out the phrasing of things... I think I'll need to look to guitar to come up with the melodies, as I'm a pretty boring vocalist.

Last edited by chasedobson; 16-12-2013 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: wtf grammar

Advertisements

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #22
carlgrace
carlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MCcarlgrace is a savage MC
San Francisco
MC Status: 14069

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedestroy View Post
haiku
I wrote an entire song once where all the verses were in haiku.

No one noticed.

------------------
Retro 80s synthpop. Time Marches On.

http://pacificdeep.bandcamp.com
carlgrace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #23
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389998
Thanked 2,831 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedestroy View Post
haiku
Hah! I did learn (and wrote) alot of Haiku. One of my best teachers was a swedish/english teacher, who encouraged and pushed me to write. Thanks to him I wrote alot of free form poems aswell, very much inspired by beatniks like Jack Kerouac and Allen Ginsberg.
But I use 5,7,5,7 or 7,5,7,5 (and other measures) in verse/chorus/middle8/etc aswell. That way, if you have one verse that works, you have a form to write the rest of the verses by.

Advertisements

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Evelon
chasedobson (16-12-2013)