For Sale Section????
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #1
JTMusic
Granular Poster
JTMusic is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
For Sale Section????

I thought this would be a good idea. Seeing that most of us in here are producers and gear heads, why isn't there a for sale section on this forum? We all get new hardware all the time whether it be used or new. It would be nice to be able to sell to a forum member and help somebody out or visa versa if you're buying. Being able to buy from a member with good feedback would be beneficial for everyone. Does anyone else think this would be a good idea?

Advertisements

------------------
---The Teacher and the Taught become the Teaching---
JTMusic is offline   Thanks
Old 08-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
EatTheFood
EatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond repute
is NOT full of rich people.
MC Status: 8160
Re: For Sale Section????

This idea isn't bad. But I would rather put a "For sale section" and then people start threads with what they want to sell and give the link to the "store" where you can buy it.

Would be a good idea...

Should talk to Benwaa about it.

------------------
EatTheFood is offline   Thanks
Old 08-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts

I think it was voted no on a "sales forum" as we figured there are other (and better suited) dedicated websites for that.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks
Old 08-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatTheFood View Post
and then people start threads with what they want to sell and give the link to the "store" where you can buy it.
I'm not sure what exactly you meant by 'store', but if anything it'd be like Gumtree where the buyer and seller are the only parties involved in the transaction. It wouldn't be like ebay where IDMF offers some kind of buyer protection / acts as an intermediary. I can't imagine anyone wanting to get involved with setting up something like that . There is the buy&sell group [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, but yeah - it seems rather dead in there.
scyn is offline   Thanks
Old 08-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
EatTheFood
EatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond repute
is NOT full of rich people.
MC Status: 8160

Well, I guess like Evelon said. There are a lot of sites that are really dedicated to stuff like that... Should stick with those if you want to buy/sell.

------------------
EatTheFood is offline   Thanks
Old 08-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #6
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744031541
Thanked 7,282 Times in 4,525 Posts

We basically don't do this to avoid massive influx of spammers and the inevitable "I paid for a keyboard from one of your members and he hasn't sent it, sort it out or I'm suing you" bs.

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread