So i've started trying to replicate sounds i like
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Tutorials Section Found or written an interesting tutorial recently? Share it here.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
zaroukos
Knob Twiddler
zaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860
So i've started trying to replicate sounds i like

But i cant make the sound decent or how i hear it and i have no way of knowing how to, since there obviously are not any tutorials to recreate every sound.
I own Sylenth1 and when i design sounds myself i do stick to simple usage of my VST (i think) and apart from the tweaks to the knobs i barely add LFO's for velocity-phase-cutoff. And the vst's effects. Practically i use all the parameters but in the end, my sounds are still too simple.

So after sometime experimenting and trying, i found myself bare-naked on 'how to' recreate a sound i found really simple.
at 1:13 i thought this sound comes from a combination of a sine maybe a filtered square all properly EQed and reverbed, having a bit increased attack. I came nowhere near to making something decent.

I blame parametric EQ2

Last edited by zaroukos; 12-12-2013 at 02:19 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
zaroukos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744043391
Thanked 7,519 Times in 4,650 Posts
Re: So i've started trying to replicate sounds i like

Watch a couple of these and it should help.

lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
zaroukos (12-12-2013)
Old 12-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
edium
Sample Destroyer
edium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 760

hes using legato, not sure exactly what it is but basically u gotta put ur sound in mono and put legato on so when u overlap notes it changes pitch as it changes notes. but yea sounds like a square/sine/triangle ish to me
edium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to edium
zaroukos (12-12-2013)
Old 12-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
zaroukos
Knob Twiddler
zaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to beholdzaroukos is a splendid one to behold

Thank you both...!I kinda did the same actions they did on these tutorials but i didnt like the result...I wanted to make that sound, and not something similar... Will i eventually be able to replicate such sounds when i have more experience? Or it's something like a "secret recipe" each producer uses..?

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
I've totally forgotten (actually never used) legato since fl studio has an option where u can make your note slide to another. But legato definatelly gives a different immage to your note pattern

------------------
Old 12-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
edium
Sample Destroyer
edium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to beholdedium is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 760

just keep practicing - it gonna b rough for a while lol

one thing u can do is study presets that u like, but until you learn a synth to a certain extent its gonna b frustrating. i used to try make a certain sound but end up w something kinda cool but completely different from what i started trying to make ha
edium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #6
zaroukos
Knob Twiddler

yes it is, i know the functions of each parameter but still its easy to make one random sound its a bit hard to make a sound as you want it and its really hard to make the exact same sound you're hearing.. I'm gradually stepping to step 2 and 3 at once.

------------------
Old 02-01-2014, 02:36 AM   #7
Mason Bane
Mason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2109

I don't hear a single sound in here that is not straight up Motif. I would say buy an old Motif and you have every drum and synth sound in this thing.

------------------
Mason Bane is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:18 AM   #8
keith909
Minor Glitch
keith909 will become famous soon enoughkeith909 will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

I find it near impossible to recreate the sound exactly as the pro producer will quite often be layering from numerous vst's as well as insert fx. Better not to beat yourself up and say near enough is good enough.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Advertisements

keith909 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote