IDMF Artist Collective Project - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 16-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #21
Sobia6464
Soundwave Mangler
Sobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1360
Re: IDMF Artist Collective Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
Do we want to have a common theme?
Generally, I tend to stray away from a common theme. That puts a common view to the album. Let it be crazy different. That's fine. (My opinion) Dont' wanna turn into AC/DC do we? Every song being the same and whatnot.

Advertisements

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
Its not the vst that makes the man but the man, that makes the vst.
Sobia6464 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #22
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

^Im not saying we need a theme but my suspicion is were it themed it'd be pretty diverse as our individual styles are just that...individual and diverse.

Like say, for talking purposes only, we threw an image up and said okay collective make a track based on this. They'd all be radically different.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to RFJ
Muse-ic (16-10-2014)
Old 16-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #23
Sobia6464
Soundwave Mangler
Sobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
^Im not saying we need a theme but my suspicion is were it themed it'd be pretty diverse as our individual styles are just that...individual and diverse.

Like say, for talking purposes only, we threw an image up and said okay collective make a track based on this. They'd all be radically different.
Yup. And that's what makes it good IMHO. What you seem to be describing is a "Universal Genre" as opposed to a theme. But it's a collab album. Should be different. (again just my opinion)

------------------
Quote:
Old 17-10-2014, 12:43 AM   #24
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963548
Thanked 1,154 Times in 888 Posts

Quote:

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Br/ainfu+ked
Muse-ic (17-10-2014)
Old 17-10-2014, 03:37 AM   #25
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

For the samples I'd think the easiest thing to do would be to just set up a dropbox folder and give everyone access to it. @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
; you could send around a group PM and ask everyone to reply with their e-mail address and you, in turn, would share the folder with them. Then everyone on their own accord goes in and makes a folder that is labeled the same as their forum name.

I get a folder, you get a folder, everyone gets their own folder within the master folder. Give everyone a week to add their samples. I don't really care how they are labeled to be honest, bpm and type might be the friendly thing to do, but I don't see it as a requirement. Then everyone with access to the master folder could just go in and cherry pick what they want and we'd be underway.

I don't think we'd need to approve the samples either. Anything should go because we all know how to mangle assuming they all turn out to be garbage, which they won't. Maybe limit each folder to 10 samples that way people would be mindful of not just copying and pasting a list of garbage into their personal folder.

If people could keep track of the samples they use that would be great for post release discussion and if you really want to get crazy with it we could include what samples were used in some sort of liner notation / documentation write up type thing if people are willing. Bit that shouldn't be a requirement either.

I think what's more important than sample organization and labeling would be discussing how much original material can be used and any guidelines on that end vs how much of the work comes directly from the provided content in some way no matter how manipulated it becomes.

------------------
Thanks to RFJ
Muse-ic (17-10-2014)
Old 17-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #26
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah

Quote:
For the samples I'd think the easiest thing to do would be to just set up a dropbox folder and give everyone access to it. @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
; you could send around a group PM and ask everyone to reply with their e-mail address and you, in turn, would share the folder with them. Then everyone on their own accord goes in and makes a folder that is labeled the same as their forum name.

I get a folder, you get a folder, everyone gets their own folder within the master folder. Give everyone a week to add their samples. I don't really care how they are labeled to be honest, bpm and type might be the friendly thing to do, but I don't see it as a requirement. Then everyone with access to the master folder could just go in and cherry pick what they want and we'd be underway.

I don't think we'd need to approve the samples either. Anything should go because we all know how to mangle assuming they all turn out to be garbage, which they won't. Maybe limit each folder to 10 samples that way people would be mindful of not just copying and pasting a list of garbage into their personal folder.

If people could keep track of the samples they use that would be great for post release discussion and if you really want to get crazy with it we could include what samples were used in some sort of liner notation / documentation write up type thing if people are willing. Bit that shouldn't be a requirement either.

I think what's more important than sample organization and labeling would be discussing how much original material can be used and any guidelines on that end vs how much of the work comes directly from the provided content in some way no matter how manipulated it becomes.
10 specificly named samples sounds like a good idea

------------------
Thanks to Br/ainfu+ked
MFXxx (17-10-2014)
Old 17-10-2014, 08:50 PM   #27
ArkXive
Granular Poster
ArkXive is a glorious beacon of lightArkXive is a glorious beacon of lightArkXive is a glorious beacon of lightArkXive is a glorious beacon of lightArkXive is a glorious beacon of light
Philly
MC Status: 460

+1 on the 10 samples. We don't want the uniting factor to be too constraining on the creative process. The common thread should be sounds, not styles. Maybe have there be a 3 samples used minimum requirement, 1 of which everyone must use (but you can chop/effect it as much as you like.) That should be enough to feel some sort of unity throughout without the theme holding anyone back creatively.

------------------
NOSTRA FANTASIUM EP [Jungle/Juke/Rave] out now on Tribal Sound :

:twilo:
ArkXive is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to ArkXive
Muse-ic (18-10-2014)
Old 17-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #28
Sobia6464
Soundwave Mangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkXive View Post
+1 on the 10 samples. We don't want the uniting factor to be too constraining on the creative process. The common thread should be sounds, not styles. Maybe have there be a 3 samples used minimum requirement, 1 of which everyone must use (but you can chop/effect it as much as you like.) That should be enough to feel some sort of unity throughout without the theme holding anyone back creatively.
I find this acceptable.

------------------
Quote:
Old 17-10-2014, 09:57 PM   #29
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

I'd play but I'm a little lost on 'voting' and 'best'. I'll still enjoy the fuck out of hearing what comes of it, though. Posting to subscribe
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kvlt O)))
lolirl (19-10-2014)
Old 17-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #30
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
I'd play but I'm a little lost on 'voting' and 'best'. I'll still enjoy the fuck out of hearing what comes of it, though. Posting to subscribe
i guess everyone that is particiapting will pm their track to muse-ic.

I guess muse-ic will rename each submission 1,2,3,4,5...or whatever and redistribute
a file (with renamed submissions) back to the participants to vote on

------------------
Old 17-10-2014, 11:02 PM   #31
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br/ainfu+ked View Post
i guess everyone that is particiapting will pm their track to muse-ic.

I guess muse-ic will rename each submission 1,2,3,4,5...or whatever and redistribute
a file (with renamed submissions) back to the participants to vote on
Like this idea.

Like to join in if I can measure up

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
Muse-ic (18-10-2014)
Old 17-10-2014, 11:41 PM   #32
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Like this idea.

Like to join in if I can measure up
i don't know its a suggestion do whatever

------------------
Old 18-10-2014, 12:03 AM   #33
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
You should participate!
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #34
Sobia6464
Soundwave Mangler

So when are we starting this? What kind of samples do you guys want? Would you prefer multiples in one download or individual? <- noob to providing samples.

------------------
Quote:
Old 18-10-2014, 08:06 PM   #35
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC

iF you do not have dropbox use this link so I can make the folder we are using have more storage space. (If you refer people it increases your space.)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(Use this link)

Also message me your email so I can add you to the folder.

For now lets make a 10 sample cap per person. So make or create 10 quality samples. If we think we will need more we can raise it later.

Soundcloud

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Anyone fancy submitting artwork for the release?

Last edited by Muse-ic; 18-10-2014 at 08:12 PM..
Old 18-10-2014, 08:36 PM   #36
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobia6464 View Post
So when are we starting this? What kind of samples do you guys want? Would you prefer multiples in one download or individual? <- noob to providing samples.
Individuals please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
Also message me your email so I can add you to the folder.
Done!

------------------
Thanks to RFJ
Muse-ic (18-10-2014)
Old 18-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #37
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobia6464 View Post
1)[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(use this link)

2) message me your email and I will add you to the shared folder.

3) once you have dropbox on your computer just take your folder of 10 (individual wave format) or less sounds and copy it into the shared dropbox folder- IDMF Artist Collective Samples (name of shared folder)

4) If you have any questions feel free to message me here.

Last edited by Muse-ic; 18-10-2014 at 08:50 PM..
Thanks to Muse-ic
MFXxx (18-10-2014)
Old 19-10-2014, 01:13 AM   #38
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837677

Dropped 10 in ... hopefully what people are after ?

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
RFJ (19-10-2014)
Old 19-10-2014, 02:30 AM   #39
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Are we making sub folders per participant within the master folder so we know whose is whose or just dumping them in?

------------------
Old 19-10-2014, 02:31 AM   #40
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Quote:
Are we making sub folders per participant within the master folder so we know whose is whose or just dumping them in?
Yes, everyone should have a folder, inside the dropbox folder.

For those who don't know,

Click on the IDMF Collective folder and create a new folder within that (look at the top and it's a blue folder with a plus. When you scroll over it you will see "new folder."), name it and then copy your samples or put your folder from your computer into the new created dropbox folder.

Advertisements