What inspired YOU to start producing? and when did you start doing it? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 18-08-2017, 01:07 AM   #61
Bluesh1ft
Knob Twiddler
Bluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond repute
In another world, usually
MC Status: 2160
Re: What inspired YOU to start producing? and when did you start doing it?

I tried over ten years ago but my pc just couldn't do it, So then a few years ago I tried it again and things have gotten so much better.... VSTS! real live samples of instruments! And much less buffering issues while recording multiple tracks. I think I used to use N Track when I first tried it was sooo laggy for me........ And I also used that MTV Music Maker Software..........BUt that software sucked because it states you cant sell any music using those sounds LMAO. So why even make the product? The bad part is though now I have been winged off the music staff.... I need to brush up on my sight reading me thinks.

Advertisements

Bluesh1ft is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:59 AM   #62
corwintrails
IDMf's latest spammer
corwintrails has a spectacular aura aboutcorwintrails has a spectacular aura aboutcorwintrails has a spectacular aura about
Michigan
MC Status: 210

Excellent question, and probably the best question to prompt me into engaging here.

I think the inspiration to produce never stops. Pinpointing that first eureka or spark is often difficult. For me, I think it began far before I ever even began producing music. In childhood, for sure. The memories are vague now, of course, but I remember that state of mind I would enter into when playing outside with my trucks or really with whatever. What I do remember clearly is how fluid the activity felt, how natural it was to be free there, exploring the world with my body. I know it probably sounds trite, but it is this state that I was always hearkening back to when I was making music.

Inevitably, it's somewhat of a lost state. I was drawn to artists that expressed this melancholy and nostalgia. Obviously, Boards of Canada are champions in this field, but many have touched upon it. It's a dead-end street, though, to try to stay within this framework. Especially, to model your sound off the discoveries of another.

I began in college, and as soon as I started, I knew I would drop out. What I was learning alone in my room with my headphones on was far more than I could ever find in a classroom, let alone a career built upon academia. I sought refuge in psychedelic drugs and travel, which did help to open my mind up to other possible ways of living. Music was always a way for me to know myself. From the beginning, it was a transformative tool, and the process was alchemical. By the end of a project, I always felt flushed, cleared of some blockage that was in the way. Producing music was something very spiritual to me, always, and still is.

It's a nebulous thing, though. I never know what it is I'll be working on next. I shift genres quite dramatically. It seems each project is so exhausting and time-consuming that I have to move on to something totally different, if only so that I can still hope to be original. But that's always a dicey concept, originality.
corwintrails is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 04:04 AM   #63
waffleberry
Radial Developer
waffleberry is a savage MCwaffleberry is a savage MCwaffleberry is a savage MCwaffleberry is a savage MCwaffleberry is a savage MCwaffleberry is a savage MCwaffleberry is a savage MCwaffleberry is a savage MCwaffleberry is a savage MCwaffleberry is a savage MCwaffleberry is a savage MC
MC Status: 132634

Needed to find out how they were making all the cool sounds!

Advertisements

------------------
waffleberry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote