can anyone tell me what gear these guys are using here?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 12-28-2016, 08:34 PM   #1
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC
a garden with a cassette player
MC Status: 18210
can anyone tell me what gear these guys are using here?

I really like this video and I am looking to buy some new gear to make stuff like this,
I can't tell what they are using, someone in the comments said it was the yamaha portasound, which isn't specific since there are more than a few portasound models that look the same as the ones here, if you can tell, I would also like to know the drum the girl is playing.

Advertisements

------------------
mute machine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 11:09 PM   #2
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 41960
Re: can anyone tell me what gear these guys are using here?

Well, I'm not an expert, but I think that those are a tambourine, an acoustic guitar, and a Tom drum. Some Yamaha synths and, judging from the vibe, some form of opiates imbibed.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 11:21 PM   #3
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
Well, I'm not an expert, but I think that those are a tambourine, an acoustic guitar, and a Tom drum. Some Yamaha synths and, judging from the vibe, some form of opiates imbibed.
I am trying to figure out the exact model yamaha synth, also, yes, I know it's a tom, I want to figure out the company that makes it and the exact model.

------------------
Old 12-29-2016, 01:19 AM   #4
GomesR
IDMf Supporter
GomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MC
MC Status: 68824
Thanked 1,125 Times in 687 Posts

It looks like it is the pss-370 but really you can attain a noise like this from most casios which are a bit easier to find imo. That's the closest looking model so I think if it's not that one, might not be portasound model. But, pretty easy to make something like this with a "vintage" synth.

Bottom line, you could get that kind of sound from many older synths that are easy to find, if that's why you want to know.

Also imo, if I was in that room I'd pour my beer onto the sleepy guy's face

Move over velvet underground

------------------
GomesR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to GomesR
relic (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 01:25 AM   #5
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45933731
Thanked 5,511 Times in 3,486 Posts

He's in the later onset stages of ALS, apparently
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:36 AM   #6
GomesR
IDMf Supporter
GomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
He's in the later onset stages of ALS, apparently
Ha, from my experience, that is spot on. Holy shit, didn't even see it but now I can't unsee it.

------------------
Thanks to GomesR
Numerical (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 01:42 AM   #7
GomesR
IDMf Supporter

Also when it comes to a tom, I don't think the body has much to do with it. I'd actually say that it's a snare with that latch thing pulled down so the spring things aren't riding the skin. (Drummer talk haha right amirite ). If you want a guitar like that you could buy any cheap acoustic without nylon strings and probably be good. I'm not really up on my triangle/tambourine game though, so sorry no help there. Just remember the style with this sort of thing, thrift stores and vegan food. These guys would slay with that fisher price xylophone.

Move over coco Rosie lolololol ok I'm done

------------------
Thanks to GomesR
lolirl (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 01:48 AM   #8
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ

Okay then, I'll look into this stuff, thanks for the help, and the jokes, they were also good.

coma cinemas music is great by the way, if any of you liked this, you should check out their other work, it's good stuff.

------------------
Thanks to mute machine
GomesR (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 01:49 AM   #9
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8504580
Thanked 6,273 Times in 4,501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mute machine View Post
Okay then, I'll look into this stuff, thanks for the help, and the jokes, they were also good.

coma cinemas music is great by the way, if any of you liked this, you should check out their other work, it's good stuff.
Yea. I actually am a bit curious tbh...have the lo fi pop vibe nicely done on this song anyway.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:01 AM   #10
lolirl
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744001541
Thanked 6,682 Times in 4,183 Posts

A portasound is a portasound dude, wow it's mental to me that people below a certain age have no idea what this "yeah we'll get that 100 buck keyboard for our kid at christmas because we have zero other idea what to buy him and this seems to be a buzz right now" keyboard is.
Basically all the portasounds with 100+ patches have the exact same shitty fm sounds on them because Yamaha had that shit patented.
Buy the cheapest one you can find, they all sound the same.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
relic (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 01:24 PM   #11
D42K732202
IDMf Supporter
D42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8010

you don't need any new gear to make this

Advertisements

------------------
sent from another world
------------------
D42K732202 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote

can anyone tell me what gear these guys are using here? Tags
comacinema, gear