Microsoft PowerShell becomes open source
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 08-18-2016, 08:26 PM   #1
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 159810
Thanked 3,196 Times in 2,389 Posts
Microsoft PowerShell becomes open source

Microsoft's PowerShell has become open source, for use on Linux and Ma..just read about this over on [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and was wondering what does this really mean for the end user? Is it going to lead to current Windows-based VSTs being released for Linux?Any bright individual who's up on such things care to comment?

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 12:02 PM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42359399
Thanked 4,508 Times in 2,954 Posts
Re: Microsoft PowerShell becomes open source

Yeh, finally linux users will be able to pass objects instead of just text strings

------------------
This mind intentionally blank.
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Roo Stercogburn
A.M (08-20-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 05:59 PM   #3
SadSandwich
Minor Glitch
SadSandwich is a splendid one to beholdSadSandwich is a splendid one to beholdSadSandwich is a splendid one to beholdSadSandwich is a splendid one to beholdSadSandwich is a splendid one to beholdSadSandwich is a splendid one to beholdSadSandwich is a splendid one to behold
Plano, TX
MC Status: 760

Thinking pretty far ahead, but this could be great with designing hardware for computer music. People will be able to use PowerShell as the platform on their device and be able to expand on it a bit. I think of it as opening the door for future devices like the Teenage Engineering OP-1.

....I could be completely wrong...
SadSandwich is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to SadSandwich
A.M (09-01-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 07:10 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 159810
Thanked 3,196 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadSandwich View Post
Thinking pretty far ahead, but this could be great with designing hardware for computer music. People will be able to use PowerShell as the platform on their device and be able to expand on it a bit. I think of it as opening the door for future devices like the Teenage Engineering OP-1.

....I could be completely wrong...
Yeah..that's the kind of thoughts that went through my mind when I first read about this..but then what I know about this topic you could fit in a egg cup.

My main hope is this will lead to some of the big VST producers out there moving their stuff over to Linux, so users aren't stuck on Windows or Mac systems, but can move across to Linux and still use the plugs they love and are used to using already.

Guess we can all dream, right?

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote