Music Theory - simple and easy way making chords
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Your Music

IDMf Netlabel

The Studio

Community Center

Music By Genre

Groups

Old 05-22-2016, 10:06 AM   #1
TSDREX
Digital Surfer
TSDREX is a savage MCTSDREX is a savage MCTSDREX is a savage MCTSDREX is a savage MCTSDREX is a savage MCTSDREX is a savage MCTSDREX is a savage MCTSDREX is a savage MCTSDREX is a savage MCTSDREX is a savage MCTSDREX is a savage MC
Tits enit bruv
MC Status: 216125
Music Theory - simple and easy way making chords

Hi IDM Peepzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Anyone here stuck Making Chords or New to Music Theory
Heres my own Person technique

For a minor chord..

Choose any root Note, add note 3 semitones up, Then 4 Semitones then add another 3 semitones, This is a minor Chord,

For a major Chord

Choose any root Note, add note 4 semitones up, then add 3 semitone up, then add 4 semitones up

To make the chord more interesting select the second and the 4th Note in the chord make it a Octave higher,
Hope this simple trick helps creating Chords,

Also should get a plugin called EZkeys and play with the chords and see what chords you like..

Advertisements

TSDREX is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to TSDREX
mimicry (05-25-2016)
Old 05-27-2016, 03:05 PM   #2
Sobia6464
Soundwave Mangler
Sobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1260
Re: Music Theory -Simple, Easy way making chords

I usually use this site, especially if I come across a cool lead rhythm I like.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

This keeps everything in key and allows for vast exploration.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
Its not the vst that makes the man but the man, that makes the vst.
Sobia6464 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 06:40 PM   #3
Crude_beats
Banned
Crude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MC
Rocking my boat across the seven seas
MC Status: 115678

Or you just put in one note, then add one on top anywhere in the scale where you like the sound off it. same for a 3rd/4th note. and that is your chord.
Crude_beats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 06:42 PM   #4
Crude_beats
Banned
Crude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobia6464 View Post
I usually use this site, especially if I come across a cool lead rhythm I like.

This keeps everything in key and allows for vast exploration.
coolio I bookmark that
Old 06-06-2016, 01:16 PM   #5
SiaGarcia
Learning The Ropes
SiaGarcia is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

Dear Crude_beats
Thank you for the site recommandation, it was nice.
SiaGarcia is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:00 PM   #6
Evelon
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214387148
Thanked 2,774 Times in 1,734 Posts
Re: Music Theory - simple and easy way making chords

Free VST (PC):

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Evelon
Sobia6464 (06-06-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 06:16 PM   #7
Crude_beats
Banned

One thing I found lately is that whenever you switch chord you can see it as switching scale. In reggae it sounds good using mostly maj chords for those more happy uptempo songs, even if it goes outside of the major root scale. I guess it would work as well with minors chords/scales if you want some more moody/emotional/sad stuff stuff. In those cases I just see it as I switched scale instead and it makes the melody progressions work. Its more important to have a chord progression that sounds as you want and not limit to certain chords cause they fit the root scale and be mindful of the notes used within those chords instead and how you handle the transitions.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:16 PM   #8
Db6official
Regular Freak
Db6official has a spectacular aura aboutDb6official has a spectacular aura about
Orange County, California
MC Status: 160

Cthulu is great if you are looking for Bach Chorales (Chords based from church hymns on Sunday mass)

If you are looking for something free though, check the plug-ins at CodeFN42!

Can't post any links at the moment unfortunately but google: CodeFN42 and their site should pop up

Chordz and Cales really help a lot if you're looking for easy access to any chord scales and melodic scales to go along

Cales allows your midi to begin at any melodic scale from any root note starting the first note on your piano roll to the note of C (Chordz does have Cales built into the plug-in as well!)

Chordz allows your midi to begin any chord scale from any root note starting the first chord on your piano roll to note of C

RandArp is amazing as well if you are looking for an simple arp plugin (quite similar to Ableton's Arpeggiator) and you can even link Chordz to RandArp to arpeggiate your chords

These are really helpful plugins for learning your chord structures or if you are looking for easy accessibility to chord structuring, all 3 plug-ins have helped me out a lot!

Hope this helps everyone out here and if you do want a pdf to learn more about music theory on a simpler terms in writing, let me know and I'll post a link to the pdf on here!

Cheers,

Mike
Db6official is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:12 AM   #9
Jimjimmy
Minor Glitch
Jimjimmy will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Pretty good info
Jimjimmy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:28 AM   #10
Treyt0r
Granular Poster
Treyt0r is a name known to allTreyt0r is a name known to allTreyt0r is a name known to allTreyt0r is a name known to allTreyt0r is a name known to allTreyt0r is a name known to all
VA
MC Status: 610

I like that this is a braindead simple way to make a minor chord (not that it's a bad thing.)

Also love the little bit of elevating the 2nd and 4th notes in a chord. Tried it and liked it.

Advertisements

Treyt0r is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote