How embedding works
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Suggestions & Feedback Constructive feedback space about the forum, the IDMf label, or improvements you'd like to see.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:38 PM   #1
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80992530
Thanked 4,046 Times in 2,622 Posts
How embedding works

Maybe we should have a recap-thread of how the various embedding on this forum work.

Most of them fuck up when I try so maybe I've been doing something wrong. Here's for the ones I manage to get working

YOUTUBE

either just paste the full link to the video but make sure it starts with "HTTP" and not "HTTPS"

not working because of HTTPS :
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

working because of HTTP

or put the code after "watch =" between youtube /youtube tags. This one makes the embedded player smaller.
5V4jb8FHCSg

BANDCAMP:

Bandcamp gives you a very very long embedding code when you follow the "share/embed" link. Only a very small portion is of use for the bandcamp embedding on IDMf, which is the code after "album="

Quote:
<iframe style="border: 0; width: 100%; height: 120px;" src="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=604444205/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/artwork=small/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="http://tssberlin.bandcamp.com/album/effection">Effection by Nukua</a></iframe>
put that code between BC /BC tags and you get the bandcamp player

that's all I know

Advertisements

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:51 PM   #2
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
Re: How embedding works

SOUNDCLOUD:

simply put the sharing link that soundcloud gives you in between soundcloudplayer /soundcloudplayer tags

does not work with private tracks

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Thanks to Lug
relic (09-03-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 09:18 PM   #3
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Have you cracked the Spotify code? I can't post Spotify links no matter what the fuck I do.

*Embeds, not links.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:27 PM   #4
Lug
Soxdix

SPOTIFY:

simply paste the URL that spotify puts in the clipboard when you click "Copy Spotify URL" in between spotify /spotify tags

whole album :

individual track :

It seems to be opening a new window/tab to load the spotify web player, though. I have no idea whether it's because I don't understand how it works or because the embedding system sucks.

Last edited by Lug; 09-03-2015 at 09:33 PM..

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 09-03-2015, 09:35 PM   #5
Lug
Soxdix

MIXCLOUD :

No need to use the "share" function, just paste the link to the mix in between mixcloud /mixcloud tags.

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 15-03-2015, 12:49 PM   #6
Dephonix
Minor Glitch
Dephonix is a jewel in the roughDephonix is a jewel in the roughDephonix is a jewel in the rough
London
MC Status: 260

Ahh finally, the secret of youtube embed is set free
Dephonix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Dephonix
Lug (15-03-2015)
Old 15-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #7
badmotor
Savage Mad Cunt
badmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MC
MC Status: 31260

That Bandcamp one sure is a pain in the ass.
badmotor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 02:28 PM   #8
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC

I have my app opened and I still can't see any of the Spotifyings. Weird.
Old 15-03-2015, 06:05 PM   #9
Lug
Soxdix

glad it helps some of you

no idea, kvlt. do you just get a blank space where the player's supposed to be?

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 15-03-2015, 06:09 PM   #10
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard

It looks like this, but it just hit me that Ghostery might be blocking it

Edit, I'm a dumbass.
Old 20-04-2016, 07:45 PM   #11
Benwaa

Vimeo used to auto embedd, but doesn't anymore, so just drop the number from the video URL between the tags

so [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
would be (without the space in the tag

[vimeo]95317466[ /vimeo]

Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 03:34 PM   #12
LawrenceL342
Radial Developer
LawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to behold
Glasgow
MC Status: 910

can someone help me out? im trying to embed a bandcamp track and im following the steps but its saying the track is unavailable

------------------
LawrenceL342 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #13
Lug
Soxdix

yes, the bandcamp embedding doesn't work with single tracks; albums only. I have no idea why

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 14-05-2016, 08:45 AM   #14
fidelium
IDMf Artist
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
\(_o)/
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,437 Times in 1,898 Posts

you're awesome for doing this! stickied
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to fidelium
PROton42 (06-03-2017)
Old 14-05-2016, 09:04 AM   #15
Benwaa

We can't add an individual bandcamp track BBcode i'm afraid. It requires two inputs of code to make it work and that's not how the BBcode thing will allow anything to work. It needs both the album code and the track code to embed, and separately too. so, sorry guys. album only at the mo unless something BC side changes
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2016, 09:16 AM   #16
fidelium
IDMf Artist
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
\(_o)/
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,437 Times in 1,898 Posts

bbcode sucks
so does vbulletin
this place will never change
we work with what we have
don't cry
no one cares
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:13 AM   #17
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69360
Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,030 Posts

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

can we pls have instagram embing,

Dropbox is closing my public folder and going to break my links, plus facebook changes its links to pictures, and I use instagram for pictures. i dont think I ever got a answer from someone bout dis, is it just not possible with the forum's infrastructure, or is there no resources from instagram, or wat?

is it there already and im just a dummy?

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 02:43 PM   #18
Lug
Soxdix

I just use imgur.com whenever I want to share a picture with the forums

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Thanks to Lug
PROton42 (06-03-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 09:53 PM   #19
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
I just use imgur.com whenever I want to share a picture with the forums
I generally used dropbox public folder but they seem to be removing the ability to hotlink entirely soon, at least that's what they've been threatening.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:44 AM   #20
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69360
Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROton42 View Post
I generally used dropbox public folder but they seem to be removing the ability to hotlink entirely soon, at least that's what they've been threatening.
^ I've used dropbox for most of my linking, but yeah since I got a notification about dropbox closing my public folder, ive been worried. afaik it is the only one[public folder] you can actually insert images with,

I thought about imgur but its just idk, it's not exactly in my workflow with my picture taking, and because Im not a fancy pants with editing, i use my phone which uses instagram to deal with contrast, color temp, filter, etc.

i mean, if itll never happen then i guess i can look into imgur, or look into trying to find the way to find the images location on instagrams pc site to insert with.I just tried a few times before and didnt have much luck inspecting elements

Advertisements

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote