Assemblage 23
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 10-22-2013, 01:57 AM   #1
cyclops
One Eyed Cunt
cyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MC
ottawa
MC Status: 255290077
Thanked 1,229 Times in 838 Posts
Assemblage 23

just picked up the new(er) album, Bruise, today. It's my first experience with the group so i was taking a chance on it.
after 3 listens, it's kinda growing on me.
synth heavy and lots of stompy stompy beats. basically what the kids are dancing to in the industrial clubs.
it's not ground breaking and no one song really stands out, but i rather like it.
thoughts?

Advertisements

------------------
cyclops is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:21 AM   #2
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153360
Thanked 3,067 Times in 2,150 Posts
Re: Assemblage 23

Sounds like Ayria, but with a guy! I see the appeal, but I can't dig it. The beats are sweet, but I think it has something to do with less variation of synths / vocals. EBM just might not be my stuff, but I'm trying to open myself up to it!
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kvlt O)))
cyclops (10-28-2013)
Old 10-28-2013, 03:25 AM   #3
cyclops
One Eyed Cunt
cyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MC
ottawa
MC Status: 255290077
Thanked 1,229 Times in 838 Posts

i agree. not completely my thing, either, but it does have a sort of appeal.
every once in a while i like to shake my booty, and this is fitting music to do it to.

------------------
cyclops is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:29 AM   #4
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 68460
Thanked 1,369 Times in 1,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
Sounds like Ayria, but with a guy! I see the appeal, but I can't dig it. The beats are sweet, but I think it has something to do with less variation of synths / vocals. EBM just might not be my stuff, but I'm trying to open myself up to it!
go with neuroticfishhhhhhhhhhh

u shant be disappointed

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:38 AM   #5
Aphexbeats
Digital Surfer
Aphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond repute
Wisconsin
MC Status: 3060

I LOVE Assemblage 23. Tom Shear is one of my biggest influences for my music, and I credit him for inspiring me to make music. Also, he has been making music since the mid 90s, and made a record label/ producing name for himself. He's a genius and nice to all his fans - he even comments back on Facebook! I love his albums, but I haven't gotten a chance to pickup Bruise yet. I did a remix for one of the tracks, and I'm working on remixing the noise inside my head. You should pick up his other albums, you won't be disappointed! Also, Neuroticfish is awesome, but they are kinda hard to find on CD. If you like A23, I recommend listening to VNV Nation also.

------------------
Industrial, Trance, Dubstep, electronic, Ambient,
Current featured track:
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/caffeinecannibal
Support my Band!http://lemork.bandcamp.com/album/waves
Aphexbeats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:44 AM   #6
Stich
Savage Mad Cunt
Stich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MC
Keep Colorado Springs Lame
MC Status: 46760

I found out about Assemblage 23 about a year ago or so. A friend told me our mutual belly dancing friend had an extra ticket to go see them in Denver, so I picked her up at the bus station and we went to the show. I really like it and listen to it all of the time, but I think EBM just really appeals to me. I also like VNV Nation a lot, although not as many of their songs percentage-wise as Assemblage 23. This song is really nice, incidentally. Glad you posted it.

Here's another song from them I like.

Last edited by Stich; 01-09-2014 at 06:04 AM..
Stich is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Stich
cyclops (01-09-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 06:00 PM   #7
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1524727
Thanked 1,730 Times in 1,128 Posts

At least it's not chombichrist.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #8
lolirl
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 743999141
Thanked 6,634 Times in 4,153 Posts

Totally had my fill of this type of shit while I was doing the circuit, it's part of what made me quit the band and stop doing it tbh.
You'd go club to club around Europe and US and the 90% of the bands would all sound the same. It get's tiresome after a while, especially when they all think they're the shit and won't even talk to you because they're too busy trying to look cool.
I saw a lot of microKorgs and Viruses and not a lot of anything much more interesting.
Sorry, /rant.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:28 PM   #9
Aphexbeats
Digital Surfer
Aphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond repute
Wisconsin
MC Status: 3060

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Totally had my fill of this type of shit while I was doing the circuit, it's part of what made me quit the band and stop doing it tbh.
You'd go club to club around Europe and US and the 90% of the bands would all sound the same. It get's tiresome after a while, especially when they all think they're the shit and won't even talk to you because they're too busy trying to look cool.
I saw a lot of microKorgs and Viruses and not a lot of anything much more interesting.
Sorry, /rant.
Yep the Virus is essential in EBM, but I do somewhat agree with you on the sound. A lot of EBM/futurpop bands suck, but not A23 and VNV.

------------------
Industrial, Trance, Dubstep, electronic, Ambient,
Current featured track:
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/caffeinecannibal
Support my Band!http://lemork.bandcamp.com/album/waves
Aphexbeats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:18 AM   #10
Stich
Savage Mad Cunt
Stich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MC

Tom Shear was totally cool. It was his birthday at the show, so we all wished him a happy birthday. Honestly, most of the lineup that night was older, kinda pudgy balding guys who wore black t-shirts and were just happy to be making music people liked. It was a good scene that night.

And get this, the belly dancer girl that I thought was going to be too cool to actually talk to me at the show talked and danced near me all night.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:26 AM   #11
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269440708
Thanked 2,342 Times in 1,606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Sorry, /rant.
My worst experience was going to see Covenant "live" just to realise that none of the keyboards were plugged in.

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
Kaede (09-05-2015)
Old 01-10-2014, 09:46 AM   #12
lolirl
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphexbeats View Post
Yep the Virus is essential in EBM, but I do somewhat agree with you on the sound. A lot of EBM/futurpop bands suck, but not A23 and VNV.
Lol. Yes VNV, they kind of defined it to a point.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:53 AM   #13
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.

Apparently all of the synth sounds on Empires (the only VNV album I liked) were from a Virus.

------------------
Thanks to Automageddon
lolirl (01-10-2014)
Old 01-10-2014, 09:53 AM   #14
lolirl

Old 01-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #15
Stich
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
My worst experience was going to see Covenant "live" just to realise that none of the keyboards were plugged in.
Arrrrgh. They could have at least pretended a little better.

Last edited by Stich; 01-10-2014 at 11:59 AM..
Old 01-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #16
lolirl

At least they're nice blokes.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #17
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1524727
Thanked 1,730 Times in 1,128 Posts

Quote:
Wireless. Don't be fooled. That or they were playing a Dave Guetta set.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:15 PM   #18
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153360
Thanked 3,067 Times in 2,150 Posts

Quote:
Hope it was Nexus Polaris-era. After that, they just went to shit
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #19
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Less kids, more synths.

Hold on, I'm talking about Covenant, you're talking about The Kovenant.
Here's an old one, a bit harsher than what they play now...

------------------
Old 01-10-2014, 10:28 PM   #20
Stich
Savage Mad Cunt

I like Covenant as well. "Bullet" was the first song of theirs I saw a video of.

Advertisements