Wax Trax! Documentary
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 08-15-2013, 04:56 AM   #1
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105316689
Wax Trax! Documentary

I haven't noticed any other thread about this, So I figured I would jump on it and do something useful.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jVs
ethanede (03-07-2016)
Old 08-15-2013, 04:59 AM   #2
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39279549
Thanked 1,140 Times in 733 Posts
Re: Wax Trax! Documentary

Yeah, man. Totally going to check this out when the time comes.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to candlesayshi
jVs (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #3
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City

Wax Trax! had the best releases, That's all I know to say.

------------------
Make synths 1984 again.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #4
exitingblue
Learning The Ropes
exitingblue will become famous soon enoughexitingblue will become famous soon enough
Merthyr Tydfil
MC Status: 110

I will be checking that out now. I'm guessing it's a full film of trent reznor just looking at al jourgensen from behind a curtain?
exitingblue is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:49 AM   #5
dada_davros
IDMf Supporter
dada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8510

Did this ever get finished? I had a custom printed Wax Trax shirt back in the day.. so proud I was
dada_davros is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
NerWraK
Learning The Ropes
NerWraK is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

soon I hope
NerWraK is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:53 PM   #7
jVs
IDMf Supporter
Scruffy City

It's still incomplete from my understanding, But I personally hope that this project doesn't simply get swept under the rug and become a distant memory so to speak. Time will tell I suppose.

------------------
Make synths 1984 again.
Old 01-31-2016, 12:10 PM   #8
Animal Rescue
Regular Freak
Animal Rescue is a glorious beacon of lightAnimal Rescue is a glorious beacon of lightAnimal Rescue is a glorious beacon of lightAnimal Rescue is a glorious beacon of lightAnimal Rescue is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

I wonder how it's coming along? I hope it's well done. Wax Trax! (and everything related with it, the label, artists and fans) deserves that much at least. Pivotal record label. I'd buy CD's based on the Wax Trax! reputation alone. Some bands/releases sucked but the vast majority of the time I was in for a hell of a wild ride. In a great way.
Animal Rescue is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:05 AM   #9
jVs
IDMf Supporter
Scruffy City

I'm just going to breathe some life into the Wax Trax! thread.

As of November 2015 it was taken down from the regressive films website.

------------------
Make synths 1984 again.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:53 AM   #10
Animal Rescue
Regular Freak
Animal Rescue is a glorious beacon of lightAnimal Rescue is a glorious beacon of lightAnimal Rescue is a glorious beacon of lightAnimal Rescue is a glorious beacon of lightAnimal Rescue is a glorious beacon of light

Jamming "Confessions Of A Knife" by My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult right now. "The Days Of Swine And Roses" is just finishing up. Great bass line in that song.
An all around classic album. Still sounds fresh.
Thanks to Animal Rescue
jVs (03-07-2016)
Old 03-07-2016, 02:57 AM   #11
ethanede
Radial Developer
ethanede is just really niceethanede is just really niceethanede is just really niceethanede is just really niceethanede is just really nice
Portland, OR
MC Status: 410

Huge Wax Trax! fan here. Thanks for sharing @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
ethanede is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to ethanede
jVs (03-07-2016)
Old 03-07-2016, 03:02 AM   #12
jVs
IDMf Supporter
Scruffy City

Thank for the feedback that keeps this thread fresh. I figure since the documentary is going to take even longer, Might as well go ahead and make a wax trax! thread.

------------------
Make synths 1984 again.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:46 AM   #13
jVs
IDMf Supporter
Scruffy City

I have always loved the earlier Ministry (Twitch era). Uncle Al's side projects are choked full of tits and cock. You've good taste.

------------------
Make synths 1984 again.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:46 PM   #14
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago

This thread seems like a good place to mention that the lineup for this year's Cold Waves Festival has been announced:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Thanks to candlesayshi
aikighost (04-12-2017)
Old 04-04-2016, 05:13 AM   #15
dada_davros
IDMf Supporter
dada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a big cocks fan as well

Big Sexy Land and Twitch are 2 of my favs although the live cuts on Goddamn Son of a Bitch were better than the Sexy land cuts I thought. Sad that Al drove both bands down into the metal ditch and never plays anything from that era live.

------------------
Old 09-17-2016, 12:52 PM   #16
Animal Rescue
Regular Freak

Any news or updates? Pretty stoked to check it out.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:50 AM   #17
dada_davros
IDMf Supporter

Well there was the release of the all the Wax Trax era stuff from Al Jorgenson, Ministry, Rev Co and other associated side projects late last year in a rather spiffy box set. 7 CD's and 1 Vinyl album of rare and unreleased stuff from the very earliest days of Ministry. Much improved on the Ryco re-releases imo.

------------------
Thanks to dada_davros
aikighost (04-12-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 06:45 AM   #18
candlesayshi
Imperfect
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Rescue View Post
Any news or updates? Pretty stoked to check it out.
They're having a test screening with a couple panels this weekend up on the north side. Some of my friends are going and a bunch of people I know are going to be there. Wish I could go and check it out, but I can't make it.

------------------
Old 04-12-2017, 03:21 PM   #19
Animal Rescue
Regular Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesayshi View Post
They're having a test screening with a couple panels this weekend up on the north side. Some of my friends are going and a bunch of people I know are going to be there. Wish I could go and check it out, but I can't make it.
Thank you sir! Great news. Can't wait to check it out.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:15 PM   #20
aikighost
Lemon Eater
aikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MC
Reading
MC Status: 12851510

Cool very much looking forward to seeing this.

Advertisements

------------------
The ultimate Law: All general statements are false

My Techno Music News & Techno Mixes Blog

Submit mixes to TechnoMusicNews.com
aikighost is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to aikighost
jVs (05-14-2017)