Moskra - Sentry WIP (deep/dubwise/soundsystem)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 22-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
Moskra
Minor Glitch
Moskra will become famous soon enough
Florida
MC Status: 60
Moskra - Sentry WIP (deep/dubwise/soundsystem)

Been working on this one for the past several months in my spare time, I think it has potential but the mixdown has been driving me insane. I feel the sub bass has been clouding the mix making me have to turn it down but I want it to be prominent. when I turn it down, everything else is clearer but the sub is lost. This rendering sounds a bit better in my monitors but in the car the kicks are pretty much lost in the mix and so are the snares.

I'm considering turning up the snares and adding a bit of brightness to the kicks.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Advertisements

Moskra is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - Moskra - Sentry WIP (deep/dubwise/soundsystem).
Old 22-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
mmn
mmn has much to be proud ofmmn has much to be proud ofmmn has much to be proud ofmmn has much to be proud ofmmn has much to be proud ofmmn has much to be proud ofmmn has much to be proud ofmmn has much to be proud ofmmn has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1164
Re: Moskra - Sentry WIP (deep/dubwise/soundsystem)

Snares sound good to me! Maybe just some velocity variation.
The horn around 0:53 is a bit off-putting.
Vox are tight, they're somewhere between Death Grips and the reveries of an African tribe... Though I guess those noises are pretty similar...

------------------
mmn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
Moskra
Minor Glitch
Moskra will become famous soon enough
Florida
MC Status: 60
Re: Moskra - Sentry WIP (deep/dubwise/soundsystem)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmn View Post
Snares sound good to me! Maybe just some velocity variation.
The horn around 0:53 is a bit off-putting.
Vox are tight, they're somewhere between Death Grips and the reveries of an African tribe... Though I guess those noises are pretty similar...
thanks for the feedback, I forgot to mention the horn wouldn't be in the final. When I made it months ago it was just for jokes. Definitely won't be in the final. Velocity in the snares is a great suggestion, glad you don't think the snares are too low.

Advertisements

Moskra is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote