[Electro][BEATPORT REMIX COMP SUBMISSION] Zedd - Spectrum (Andrew Bon Bosher Remix)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 03-07-2012, 04:10 AM   #1
tehbosh
Soundwave Mangler
tehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MC
MC Status: 14196
[Electro][BEATPORT REMIX COMP SUBMISSION] Zedd - Spectrum (Andrew Bon Bosher Remix)

Hello all,

I just submitted my remix for Zedd's "Spectrum" competition held by Beatport. So I was wondering if y'all could take a listen and tell me what you think! It's literally electro and house, Hard electro house even.

Thanks again!

Advertisements

------------------
tehbosh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electro][BEATPORT REMIX COMP SUBMISSION] Zedd - Spectrum (Andrew Bon Bosher Remix).
Old 04-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
Masson92
Analog Lurker
Masson92 is currently spamming hard
Edinburgh
MC Status: 10
Re: [Electro][BEATPORT REMIX COMP SUBMISSION] Zedd - Spectrum (Andrew Bon Bosher Remi

Nice work, love the panning on the arp at the start and the intro on the whole, works really well. Would go big live
Masson92 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
tehbosh
Soundwave Mangler
tehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MCtehbosh is a savage MC
Re: [Electro][BEATPORT REMIX COMP SUBMISSION] Zedd - Spectrum (Andrew Bon Bosher Remi

Thanks so much! I appreciate the kind words.

------------------
Old 05-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
tdotbear
Knob Twiddler
tdotbear has a spectacular aura abouttdotbear has a spectacular aura abouttdotbear has a spectacular aura about
Toronto, ON
MC Status: 210

I think the intro is a little too long.. could've definitely been shorter. On average, you've got 8 seconds to get the listener's attention before he hits skip, so you really want to maximize that.

The drop is a little dry to my ears. The main bass sound is, anyways. It's cool, but I think it's a bit of a clash with the preceeding lush pad sounds and the other less harsh sounds present during the drop. It gets kind of boring after a bit too, it's like the drop is missing elements during the second part. I would've made the vocals kick in during the second half of the drop.. the way you brought them in is a little awkward and forced imo. At that point (with the large pads) it basically turns into the original version with slight variations.

Overall, the drops and the rest of the song seem like two different tracks that you're cut and pasting together. Would've made more use of the vocals and used more variations (especially during the drop).

Sorry if this seems like a super "mean" comment - I find negative criticism far more constructive than a pat on the back and me saying "good job."

------------------
TdotBEAR - Stellar (TdotBEAR Trap Mix)

http://soundcloud.com/tdotbear
tdotbear is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
tdotbear
Knob Twiddler
tdotbear has a spectacular aura abouttdotbear has a spectacular aura abouttdotbear has a spectacular aura about
Toronto, ON
MC Status: 210

*he or she

------------------
TdotBEAR - Stellar (TdotBEAR Trap Mix)

http://soundcloud.com/tdotbear
tdotbear is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
AudibleAssassin
Soundwave Mangler
AudibleAssassin has a spectacular aura aboutAudibleAssassin has a spectacular aura about
Chicago, IL
MC Status: 160

very nice remix dude.

tdot i hear what you are saying on the intro catching people quick... possibley he was trying to have a zedd feel to it. zedds last EP , about every track started out as a kick/hat/snare only intro. i dont mind it... but i do sometimes skip quick when i hear some stuff like that, but zedds is nice.

and yeah during the drop i tihnk you should add some of the stems they provided to kinda of give taht feel that its still spectrum....as if i came in just on that part, id have no idea it was a remix.
AudibleAssassin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
banstyle
Analog Lurker
banstyle will become famous soon enough
Austin, TX, USA
MC Status: 60

Great job on the remix and keeping it sounding fresh and original!

As @AudibleAssassin mentioned, I would not have known it was a Zedd remix until 3:09 into it, about half your track! I really appreciate your effort and originality, it's a difficult balance to not overuse the stems but at the same time hint just enough at the original mix. The muted vocal at 3:09 would have gone perfect in the background of the first half of the track. Maybe even chopped up/stuttered a bit.

Again, from 4:45 until the drop, you lose the connection with the original track. It's almost as if you're playing a totally separate song, mix in Spectrum for the breakdown, then mix back out. The drums sound great though, and you did a great job overall on the mixing. Lots of talent here, good luck in the competition Can you give a link to your Beatport entry? If you don't want to do it publicly PM me!

------------------
banstyle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #8
tehbosh
Soundwave Mangler

Thanks for all the feedback guys, and yeah I was kind of going for the whole "completely different sounding than the actual song" thing, just because I would hear submissions that would only use their own drum parts but just rearrange the stems over and over again, essentially making it sound like the same exact song, simply rearranged.

But here is the link and I hope you guys can vote! Thank you again!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------