[MAWM] Automageddon's tracks 4 May Album Writing Month - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) IDMf's Quarterly Album Writing Month project. Find all things QAWM related PLUS members own QAWM music!

Old 17-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #21
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269457708
Thanked 2,682 Times in 1,802 Posts
Re: [MAWM] Automageddon's tracks 4 May Album Writing Month

And number 4 is up!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
lolirl (17-05-2014)
Old 18-05-2014, 01:44 AM   #22
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53310
Thanked 1,066 Times in 762 Posts

auto, i would love to work with you sometime in the future. your stuff is really really awesome.

for me the accolades are just the content/ideas. ill leave production to the smarter cats. if anything sticks out that i cannot ignore, i'll say so. doubtful though, ill just be functioning off feels. just a disclaimer.

first - i'm assuming the guitar is actually you and your equipment? the intro to this is tasty and i like how it drops into a sludge kinda, stoned out track. im smoking a bowl, so this is working for me for sure. its like a dirge, the really lazy broken snare. inspired for sure on this one. a part of me says there should be lyrics somewhere. nothing intense, some forlorn moaning prose, personal aesthetic. if there aren't any lyrics, its prob from your better judgement anyway. and at 2min when you increase the intensity, the arrangement is to be envied. also, i enjoy the movement and manipulating of that breakdown synth. 3min, fuck, its like minimalist industrial. the increasing of the percussion/intensity almost reminds me of chemical brothers. i could go on forever and this is just the first one. for some reason i thought like...splinter cell soundtrack (amon tobin) or something from Metal Gear solid. i draw weird correlations.

2 - lol dude, the sizzling elements are choice. everything has its place in your mixes. this is burning ever so slow. absolutely delicious.

3 - i like the top layered clips, delicate use of distortion/noise. btw, your SFX are very tasteful. i usefully like to be absolutely retarded with mine when i produce under SKYCORE, yours are subtle and push the arrangement. did i mention your arrangements are coolio? oh i did didn't i. i usually throw such things out the window, but you prove to me still understanding the concept of continuity in a track is important. the call and response sound and the warbling out at the end, very good. when it thickens up, even better. im like stuck in quicksand, i can't get out of this burning sludddgeeee.

4 - ._. whoa
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to SKYCORE
Automageddon (05-06-2014)
Old 18-05-2014, 02:21 AM   #23
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69360
Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,030 Posts

latest track is nice, the pulsating in the first was really trippy after a while, I enjoyed the forceful drums, and how it has like stereo width being modulated

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #24
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 174560
Thanked 3,491 Times in 2,607 Posts

Had a listen to 3 & 4..loved the moody vibe of 3..cool sounds in general.

I liked track 4 the most out of all of em so far..even though I kind of wanted the first half to be mroe like the second half, as it felt to me like it was a bit slow to get going, but that's just a personal taste thing I guess.

In general though, I liked the NIN feels from it..just wanted it to go on a bit longer. Nice work, dude.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2014, 08:14 PM   #25
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269457708
Thanked 2,682 Times in 1,802 Posts

Number 5 is up, done in a few hours tonight, and for MAWM I'm done.
Mostly happy with my results so far, there's surely a couple of takers, maybe 3, there's definitely my voice (I think) and a certain consistency through the tracks.
At least I think.

I'm a bit disappointed with the "cinematic" comment from AM, unfortunately I have to agree, lots of them have more of a soundtrack feeling to it rather than a song one, I'm not too happy about it, I'll work on this.

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #26
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8533230
Thanked 6,846 Times in 4,874 Posts

#5...that is some dark, bangin' shit...that guitar riff is fairly epic : ) Analog 4 kick drum? Over all just really enjoyed the vibe on that one.

#4...you make all the noises that make the girls scream don't you? Love the beat when it gets going, that snare like perc as a real nice reverb/vibe on it.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Automageddon (05-06-2014)