[FAWM] Tree (Sapling) - Fawm Tracks
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 15-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #1
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69360
Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,030 Posts
[FAWM] Tree (Sapling) - Fawm Tracks

Hey guys, I was gone In memphis during the weekend and the past few days, I've been trying to get the feel of my new scarlett.(finally got my first piece of legitimate gear )

anyways, I just experienced the horror of having different sample rates and how it effects my rendering, I had to redo it a few times(stumbling in the dark kind of troubleshooting before I looked it up, even then, still a bit confused) and I think this should be the actual version not sped up or ect.

Anyways, I'll post all my FAWM tracks in here,

*Here Is my first FAWM

*and 2nd weeee

and here is my 3rd one yayy.

this is the 4th sunnnnn. I should mention, that I heard lugs guitar track, and really liked it, so I had went and re sampled it and made a song, then I realized, oh hell, I need to ask for permission first XD

So I went and sent a PM, got a reply giving the OK, and also a mention that it sounded a bit off, So I went back and quantized it a bit to make it align with the tempo better, and honestly, I like the results, anyways, Here it is, and enjoy

So here is my 5th, Today I was Think about what I did to Lug's track, and I had this small Idea about it for the next. At the Same time, I remembered everyone has been making instrumentally stuff lately, so I figured what the hell.

now, here it is,

My 6th, I ended up doing another sample with Lugs guitar. I know It might be annoying, but I honestly feel there is so much nice little details about his track, And It's very nice to be able to actually find new melodies just thinking oh maybe layer this one part with this part? and ect.

here in its glory(lol), my 6th I think this may be the last I'll do with the guitar, As, I'm wearing it out, But I just wanted to finish with the Ideas I had for it. haha.

Last edited by Skrillex; 23-02-2013 at 09:20 PM..

Advertisements

Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [FAWM] Tree (Sapling) - Fawm Tracks.
Old 15-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #2
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts
Re: [FAWM] Tree (Sapling) - Fawm Tracks

nice rich percussion. love the cowbell-like sound. your snare sounds really cool too.

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
redeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MC
Iowa
MC Status: 12331

I don't know why for sure, but the snare/tom part is insanely catchy. It's almost like a melodic hook, but it's just drums. The pads are really nice, and the piano is pretty. You structured the track really well, too. It feels like the drums are there in all the right places and everything flows really smoothly. Good job

------------------
i am nothing more or less than my own big ass
redeyeglasses is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743043

Pretty nice dude. The instrument you have sweeping out at the end, seems very nasally, it plays throughout. I like the piano and the melody of the synth playing with each other as well.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa
Kaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MC
MC Status: 52987903
Thanked 1,115 Times in 647 Posts

Completely fallen off the wagon with FAWM... the waether's been nice so I've been out skating.

First up, the percussion is great and sits really well with the synth work. The distorted saw thing (i think) that you have playing through out, it feels like it loses some of it's depth after the break down. Other than that it's a damn good composition
Kaede is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #6
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran

@redeyeglasses

Thanks man, it does seem that way doesnt it? haha, the structure was a bit of a problem when I made it, I didn't want to use too much of my standard kind of song pattern but again thanks

@bx3

yeah, I know what you mean there, I heard it too, and thanks man, when I made it I was splitting the melody between the instruments, although the lead had a bit more emphasis than the piano, but still man, thanks alot, Thanks to you though, I've been liking to use pianos in my tracks haha!

@stem collector

thanks man, I didnt know it sounded that much like a cowbell, I thought it more was just a ride lol, but hell awesome dude

@Kaede

its cool! haha, I've been in memphis and having alot of things irl that have been keeping me busy, so its cool. I heard on the what made you happy thread, you had got shuvits down good job btw

now, thanks! I never really honestly thought my percussion skills was any good so how everyone commented on that is really a nice surprise XD Yeah, it tends to wear itself out after a while, I wanted to use my effect rack from fawm 1 I had used to keep it more interesting on the second part, but I went against that decision. I know I'll try to fix it eventually haha!

anyways guys, thankssssssssss srsly, for a little while I didnt think anyone would comment so when I held my ground to wait before bumping, I'm very glad. But yeah please feel free to give me criticism as well, and again, thanks for giving a listen and commenting.

Oh yeah! new track haha! I'll post it in the first post,
Old 21-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8534080
Thanked 6,863 Times in 4,888 Posts

I like your remix of lugs tune dude. There is this absolutely beautiful dissonance between the raw synth nature of that bass and the tone of the guitar.

I really dig the other as well. These two could easily be a part of an EP. What I love about your tunes recently is that you are going for these kinda old school synth sounds...simple wave forms w/o the sound design fap fest. Just enough processing to give them some life/shimmer.

I'm on that tip too--I also blame you for my recent bout of making way less dark tunes.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 25510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Hey guys, I was gone In memphis during the weekend and the past few days, I've been trying to get the feel of my new scarlett.(finally got my first piece of legitimate gear )

anyways, I just experienced the horror of having different sample rates and how it effects my rendering, I had to redo it a few times(stumbling in the dark kind of troubleshooting before I looked it up, even then, still a bit confused) and I think this should be the actual version not sped up or ect.

Anyways, I'll post all my new FAWM tracks in here,

and here is my 3rd one yayy.

this is the 4th sunnnnn. I should mention, that I heard lugs guitar track, and really liked it, so I had went and re sampled it and made a song, then I realized, oh hell, I need to ask for permission first XD

So I went and sent a PM, got a reply giving the OK, and also a mention that it sounded a bit off, So I went back and quantized it a bit to make it align with the tempo better, and honestly, I like the results, anyways, Here it is, and enjoy

woa.. what were you doing in Memphis? That's where I live. You didn't happen to go to Otherlands coffeeshop did you? that's where I workd
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #9
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
San Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkvolcno View Post
woa.. what were you doing in Memphis? That's where I live. You didn't happen to go to Otherlands coffeeshop did you? that's where I workd
was in cordova at guitar center trying to see if they had any gear I was looking for.

I lived there 9 years or so haha, lived in germantown where borders used to be and kroger, at poplar place(it went really downhill from what I heard)

Idk, I was in midtown but didnt eat out there, went to the mongolian thing in cordova instead, although I went to the evergreen theatre for rocky horror.
Old 21-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #10
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 25510

Ha... no shit. I used to live over that way as well. I'm in midtown nowadays.. best thing about Memphis is that is the wicked cheap rent.

Do you really live in Russia now??

btw sorry I'm not able to listen to your tracks atm.. I'll check back later to make up for hijacking your thread.
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #11
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
San Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkvolcno View Post
Ha... no shit. I used to live over that way as well. I'm in midtown nowadays.. best thing about Memphis is that is the wicked cheap rent.

Do you really live in Russia now??

btw sorry I'm not able to listen to your tracks atm.. I'll check back later to make up for hijacking your thread.
kinda yeah/no.

My grandma lives there in russia, and so does my uncle and 2 cousins, but I havent been there in a while,

oh yeah man definitely, I'd still live in memphis if it wasnt for the pollution though, I had a bad cough when I lived there just for a year, something about the air you know?

I stay out in the country now near bolivar and jackson haha.

and yeah sure man, It's no prob, I'm just suprised you even lived in memphis

yeah midtowns the best, there is everything you want there tbh, especially the resturants :O
Old 21-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #12
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
San Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I like your remix of lugs tune dude. There is this absolutely beautiful dissonance between the raw synth nature of that bass and the tone of the guitar.

I really dig the other as well. These two could easily be a part of an EP. What I love about your tunes recently is that you are going for these kinda old school synth sounds...simple wave forms w/o the sound design fap fest. Just enough processing to give them some life/shimmer.

I'm on that tip too--I also blame you for my recent bout of making way less dark tunes.
XD

I was wondering when you were gonna show your face around here ;P actually was thinking to PM you ahaha

thanks man, I had heard lug's track, and I had that expectations of more being there, so I figured what the hell, I'll put it in myself haha.

Yeah, Sound design is not my top priority lately, and you put it best, it feels like a fap fest (lol I rhymed #youngrappahwhatsgood)

With the remix of lugs track, I actually was able to really use slicex, not just like a one time marker here or there, but really start to play with what it can do. But I almost didnt release it because lug had mentioned it sounded off beat, and I couldn't hear how it did, so I almost pulled it. I'm glad I didnt though

Idk relic, I'm personally waiting for you to update your thread for some new tracks, redeyeglasses has some good stuff too on FAWM.
Old 21-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #13
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80992580
Thanked 4,047 Times in 2,623 Posts

I really like the slicing at the beginning of your remix-track ; it changes completely the tone of the original. It does sound more in-time now - but I was the only one hearing it apparently
I'm guessing it must've been weird to work with, since the stuff I recorded had absolutely no tempo (rhythm set on my breathing basically)
what's slicex ? a device in fl studio ?

oh btw could you put tracks 1 & 2 in here too ?
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #14
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
redeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MC
Iowa
MC Status: 12331

I like the new one a lot. The contrast between the guitar and the bass is nice. The drums are nice as always. It feels really nice when the drums kick in.

------------------
i am nothing more or less than my own big ass
redeyeglasses is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #15
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
XD

I was wondering when you were gonna show your face around here ;P actually was thinking to PM you ahaha

thanks man, I had heard lug's track, and I had that expectations of more being there, so I figured what the hell, I'll put it in myself haha.

Yeah, Sound design is not my top priority lately, and you put it best, it feels like a fap fest (lol I rhymed #youngrappahwhatsgood)

With the remix of lugs track, I actually was able to really use slicex, not just like a one time marker here or there, but really start to play with what it can do. But I almost didnt release it because lug had mentioned it sounded off beat, and I couldn't hear how it did, so I almost pulled it. I'm glad I didnt though

Idk relic, I'm personally waiting for you to update your thread for some new tracks, redeyeglasses has some good stuff too on FAWM.
Yea man, I've got a bunch things started...maybe I'll bang one out real quick. Been demoing Alchemy today.

------------------
Old 22-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #16
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
San Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeyeglasses View Post
I like the new one a lot. The contrast between the guitar and the bass is nice. The drums are nice as always. It feels really nice when the drums kick in.
Thanks man, I actually played with the kicks so they wouldn't come in so gridded up and the like, I remember when I looked at a screamo song, I saw they actually had drums or ect. come in a bar early before the actual change in music phrase(chorus to verse, ect.)

I just applied it and I'm happy it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
I really like the slicing at the beginning of your remix-track ; it changes completely the tone of the original. It does sound more in-time now - but I was the only one hearing it apparently
I'm guessing it must've been weird to work with, since the stuff I recorded had absolutely no tempo (rhythm set on my breathing basically)
what's slicex ? a device in fl studio ?

oh btw could you put tracks 1 & 2 in here too ?
Well, I mean the out of time, I think it was because when I sampled your guitar, there was alot of irregular sized notes, and i just slapped it on the grid all messed up, So when you pm'd me back, I had redid the melodies to grid it a bit(not so much on the lesser notes, but the ones that were close to the down beats to help emphasize rhythm)

Yeah It's a FL thing, Actually IMO a bit underrated, I personally think it's a great tool, I used to skip it and ignore it, or if I used it, I barely used it to potential. but When I finally got around to using it during this fawm, it's been my workhorse tbh,

yeah sure NP!

Quote:
Yea man, I've got a bunch things started...maybe I'll bang one out real quick. Been demoing Alchemy today.
klwfjashdvlkdshask you so luckeee, But seriously, I tried it at Guitar center and right after 20 mins of it, I gave up. I think what was a huge turn off for me on it, was the interface and too many options.(not that it's bad to have alot, but that just means alot more time learning it, and I tbh cba for it's price)

But, It's really good from what I hear, one of the best soft synths out there I believe.
Old 22-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #17
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Haha, I'm loving this new one. For some reason the bird sounds cracked my shit up. The vocal edits are spot on. Also nice call and response with the melody and vocal. My suggestion, which is a thing I always struggle with, I want the pace to change or something change up/surprise me. The dubby, phased delay on the vocals is a nice surprise. Maybe you could do that a few times for just a second a few other places in the song. Like a tease until the end?

Alchemy is bad ass. I'm probably going to get it eventually because I love working with audio so much. I love Absynth, but Alchemy is a far more intuitive sound mangling tool. And the "snap shot" feature is amazing. You can save "snap shots" of 8 variations on a patch and link the snap shots to a controller, so you could glitch shit up live and record it O_O;; NEED

------------------
Old 22-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #18
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
San Fran

Update:******

I posted my first fawm and second one in here to keep it all together,

Also, New FAWM track in the original post <33333

Anyways, I just want to really thank everyone, Cause I know I look a bit attention whorey from this. But I'm honestly surprised I Have got as much comments/feedback as i do. So please, Thanks everyone, and feel free to leave your opinions, cheers guys

Last edited by Skrillex; 22-02-2013 at 05:13 PM..
Old 22-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #19
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

^Dude, we've all been spammy with fawmy....oooohhhhhhhhh.....I so funny, car drive me!

------------------
Old 22-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #20
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
San Fran

Quote:
Haha, I'm loving this new one. For some reason the bird sounds cracked my shit up. The vocal edits are spot on. Also nice call and response with the melody and vocal. My suggestion, which is a thing I always struggle with, I want the pace to change or something change up/surprise me. The dubby, phased delay on the vocals is a nice surprise. Maybe you could do that a few times for just a second a few other places in the song. Like a tease until the end?

Alchemy is bad ass. I'm probably going to get it eventually because I love working with audio so much. I love Absynth, but Alchemy is a far more intuitive sound mangling tool. And the "snap shot" feature is amazing. You can save "snap shots" of 8 variations on a patch and link the snap shots to a controller, so you could glitch shit up live and record it O_O;; NEED

can you guess where the sample came from (hint:someone with a maschine and did a video of it)

Wellz, I had to cut alot off it because I felt like there was too much going on vocal wise, So I felt alot better when I had made it so it's there enough to bring in interest, but not enough so it loses interest/annoying. So I'm glad it left you wanting moreee(totally misinterpreted what you said, but I'm just good like that ;p)

Yeah man, Alchemy looks like it can do huge amount of things, And I actually made the comparision to absynth myself, but it's so intimidating :c

That's crazy sounds like it could really be useful in complextro styled stuff from the top of my head

Advertisements