Favorite IDMF Artists?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 23-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ
MC Status: 91357123
Favorite IDMF Artists?

OK, So.. Ok

So. Ok. So:

Name a favorite that you've found here on IDMF, be it the listening booth or elsewhere. After this, list the things you like about them as an artist. Like their crunk beats, shameless rip-offs of squarepusher, etc etc. Now, after this.. Put things that you dislike about them as an artist. Like pros & cons. Ok, so here is an example: (and im probably not the only one here who will mention synaecide)

Synaecide
Pros; good points; whatever: Very skilled producer and composer. Most songs by him are really good, & that is a rare quality. And for me the dark/scifi subject matter is a plus..

Cons; bad points; what have you: The corny synths in the first minute of 'disappearing act' on the manifestations album. The corny samples & title of the song 'Gamera', from the same album. Also, nearly everything he does is in fast-forward. sometimes i have trouble keeping up.. Almost as if he were on methamphetamines all the time, hmmmmmm

Nathan Rain
Pros: Very skilled & professional. Also makes use of scifi subject matter, and in general a very talented fellow that has done a lot for this idmf community.

Cons: Doesn't step outside the genre of DnB a whole lot. Doesn't exactly look like the musician he is . Then again, squarepusher looks kinda square too. er.. nvm

Candlenine
Pros: Unique ideas & a solid aesthetic to his style. He also is responsible for the industrial subforum on the left there. Not to mention.. he owns a really cool pair of goggles

Cons: Doesn't seem to know what a bangin' donk is. Or if he does, it isn't in his music. Come on man give us some solid, funky grooves :\

Ok your turn. As ive shown here, name as many artists as you like. Even ones ive already mentioned. There's no rules.. just don't let this turn into a 6 page flame war like every other time i post outside the listening booth So...

Oh yeah no mindless stupid shit. Pollute some other forum. assholes.

Last edited by hellscion; 23-02-2009 at 08:15 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
ab
IDMf Artist
ab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MC
Duesseldorf
MC Status: 46079964
Thanked 1,226 Times in 826 Posts
Re: Favorite IDM(F) Artists?

changes.

sour1 : sounds and arrangement right up my alley. i think i dont like his techy stuff that much, but the idm things just kick arse.

limbo: love all of his stuff. pro: active in making music cons: doesnt spam enough here

sound design: a guy who doesnt afraid of anything. his music sounds like that poems from birger sellis, the autistic poet. its fresh, i like it. cons: denglish!

those are my 2 for today. coming up next: hello kidney

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

------------------
ab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
cyclops
One Eyed Cunt
cyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MC
ottawa
MC Status: 255290477
Thanked 1,237 Times in 843 Posts

i'd definitely choose both synaecide and Nathan Rain as favourites. for much of the same reasons.

i'd also have to include aperture burn's stuff. it's all so flawless and punchy enough to make me wanna dance to it. he's definitely my favourite future/synth pop artist. he makes me wanna touch myself

and chasedestroy, as i was a fan of his stuff long before i was even a member here on IDM4ms. minimal doesn't always make me wanna dance, but his songs do, and that's really cool.

------------------
cyclops is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
rewir3d
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
rewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MC
Anal Leakage SJW 2016
MC Status: 3063219

eOnic- Although he hasn't offered many tracks to this forum yet, he is top notch!
Always smooth beats with a lot of f'n creativity coming out of them.

:10:- Hard as fuck brutal beats that will pound your ears in and his synth work is the best I have come by so far.

Candlenine- Another artist with some raw hard ass in your face drum programming but backed with smooth pads and strings!

Metalzone- Knows his shit, def. a nice organic vibe to what he does, another artist that doesn't offer a lot of tunes on the listening booth but his tracks are incredible!

hellscion- Synth based tracks that always has some nice drum fills to keep the pace going!

synaecide- some of the craziest breaks edits I have ever heard and he keeps a nice hard style on his tracks.

permutated- The master of breakcore and mixing

Chaotic pulse- When he goes dark his shit is top of the line and his production is excellent
rewir3d is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #5
Sam Kirby
Sam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MC
BRUM!!!
MC Status: 5286115

The Get.
His sine waves are just brilliant.
Sam Kirby is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #6
Intrepid
Intrepid is a savage MCIntrepid is a savage MCIntrepid is a savage MCIntrepid is a savage MCIntrepid is a savage MCIntrepid is a savage MCIntrepid is a savage MCIntrepid is a savage MCIntrepid is a savage MCIntrepid is a savage MCIntrepid is a savage MC
MC Status: 833682

Definitely agree with The Get, but by far my favorite is Halogen - really fantastic work.

Right...in response to the post below... I forgot the pros/cons thing.

Halogen - beautiful soundscapes and textures, awesome production, always interesting songs. cons? there's really not much but, and I havent' listened very recently, I seem to recall on your free-download EP the volumes of the individual tracks were a little low...not a big deal... but i had to make a contrast! 0_o

Last edited by Intrepid; 23-02-2009 at 10:04 PM..
Intrepid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #7
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ

I think you're forgetting something. The point of listing the negative was to balance the positive, not just to be an ass. Constructive criticism. Things that would seem out-of-context within a single listening booth post. I know for some of you it is difficult to find things you don't like about artists you actually listen to But this should be a reason to think deeper on the question.. not just forget about it altogether. Think of mainstream radio artists, over time they totally suck because many people have theorized that no one tells them things they could do to improve their shit (NIN for instance. the motherfucking slip.)

Though rewir3d's description of my music works both ways

Last edited by hellscion; 23-02-2009 at 10:05 PM..

------------------
Old 23-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #8
ab
IDMf Artist
ab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MC
Duesseldorf

wut?

------------------
Old 23-02-2009, 10:05 PM   #9
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
NJ

heh, i wasn't directing that last post at you abreaktor. i feel you understood

------------------
Old 23-02-2009, 10:08 PM   #10
ab
IDMf Artist
Duesseldorf

there are ZERO 'con' posts in here, except mine. so, i insist on "wut?"

hehe.

------------------
Old 23-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #11
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
NJ

heh, intrepid caught onto this

Try again the rest of you. There is no light without darkness. No Positive without negative. No yin without yang. No Abott without costello.

------------------
Old 23-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #12
rewir3d
rewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MCrewir3d is a savage MC
Anal Leakage SJW 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscion View Post
I think you're forgetting something. The point of listing the negative was to balance the positive, not just to be an ass. Constructive criticism. Things that would seem out-of-context within a single listening booth post. I know for some of you it is difficult to find things you don't like about artists you actually listen to But this should be a reason to think deeper on the question.. not just forget about it altogether. Think of mainstream radio artists, over time they totally suck because many people have theorized that no one tells them things they could do to improve their shit (NIN for instance. the motherfucking slip.)

Though rewir3d's description of my music works both ways
Honestly man I don't look for cons on other peoples shit unless I am reviewing a track, other than that I just listen to it for what its worth...people have unique styles and that is what I like about the fact of just kickn' back and listening without stressing myself on critiquing what they are doing

The only real cons I constantly try to look at our my own, if I tore apart other poeples tracks constantly it would feel like work making there tracks less enjoyable to me...
Old 23-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #13
rewir3d
Anal Leakage SJW 2016

Halogen- Can't believe I almost forgot to put this artist, his shit is so damn emotional, I love it
Old 23-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #14
MC Perm
MC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MC
A Sound Decision
MC Status: 7653065

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscion View Post
Nathan Rain
Cons: Doesn't exactly look like the musician he is .
Huh??
MC Perm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #15
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglism View Post
Huh??
the not so obvious point here was something that I once told you about having trouble finding criticism on your tracks. Don't take that seriously..

edit: ok after some thought I think I've put my proverbial foot in my mouth this time. So, what i really mean to say is: For the dark & aggressive music you make, you don't really look dark & aggressive. Then again, this may be a good thing in every other aspect of your life. Not to mention some of the other idmf members are probably jelly-ous, being the fug-beasts, emo-kids, and europeans they are

woot offending people all across the board

Last edited by hellscion; 23-02-2009 at 10:52 PM..

------------------
Old 23-02-2009, 10:50 PM   #16
cyclops
One Eyed Cunt
cyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MC
ottawa
MC Status: 255290477
Thanked 1,237 Times in 843 Posts

i can rarely find cons to music that i really like. so i don't know what i could add to mine :?

------------------
cyclops is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #17
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
NJ

You don't really have to BUT seriously now, no one is perfect. especially musicians

Like i said before though, don't rush to find an answer. Think on it a while..

------------------
Old 24-02-2009, 01:49 AM   #18
nhomas
nhomas is a savage MCnhomas is a savage MCnhomas is a savage MCnhomas is a savage MCnhomas is a savage MCnhomas is a savage MCnhomas is a savage MCnhomas is a savage MCnhomas is a savage MCnhomas is a savage MCnhomas is a savage MC
Ann Arbor, MI
MC Status: 337784

Wow, that's funny. I pick apart the flaws of all of the music I love. I can't think of a single musician whose music I cannot find problems with.

Anyway, I'll just name a few IDMF artists I like:

jakobcreutzfeldt
Pros: Outrageously creative and experimental. Minimal and polished.
Cons: Sometimes his music lacks emotional impact; it's really intellectual, sometimes to a fault.

matt
Pros: His stuff sounds amazing from a production standpoint. There are some really spectacular moments in his work.
Cons: Needs to stop hating himself.

Son of Akira
Pros: Every track is something new, and yet there's a consistent sound to all of his work. Very deep stuff.
Cons: Needs to learn to lay off the reverb. Seems to be incapable of declaring a piece finished.

brb (is this guy on IDMF?)
Pros: Really understated minimal work, quite enjoyable to listen to.
Cons: His mixdowns could use some more love.

Last edited by nhomas; 24-02-2009 at 03:44 AM..
nhomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 01:59 AM   #19
cirric
Deep Underground
cirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MC
SF
MC Status: 7104577

Yeah, I know and like Permutated, Fidelium, Synaecide and AlteredTensions, although I did want to start a thread like this where people could give a shout out/plug to some their favorites among the community here ... I'm definitely behind on keeping up with what all you talented guys are up to

------------------
bandcamp | soundcloud | tumblr | twitter

Like my facebook page for a free album code.
cirric is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 02:12 AM   #20
spaceman
fuck techno
spaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MCspaceman is a savage MC
A Yank in Vanc(ouver)
MC Status: 573989

its possible to blow yourself?

i like the get.

Advertisements

spaceman is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote