[world] Ingemann-Strunch - Farewell
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 12-28-2016, 09:06 PM   #1
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand
MC Status: 101163441
Thanked 1,413 Times in 1,045 Posts
[world] Ingemann-Strunch - Farewell

Advertisements

------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [world] Ingemann-Strunch - Farewell.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:05 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 150360
Thanked 3,007 Times in 2,235 Posts
Re: [world] Ingemann-Strunch - Farewell

That's a nice track, Thomas..the vocals kinda reminds me of the French duo "Deep Forest" in parts.

Speaking of vocals..you might want to go back and take a look at them again, as they seem to be a muddy to my ears..perhaps trim off a little of the low end and turn down the gain on em slightly. The same applies the horn section on this, as they kinda smoother the strings a little..so maybe pull down the gain on them a little, too.

Even saying that, I still like this track. Good work as always..kudos.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:18 AM   #3
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand

I would have to formant the voices or something, since the "mudding" comes from same freq overlapping in the duets. They have never bothered me, it's part of the package in a duet that freqs might overlap here and there.

Anyway, sorry for the late reply, I've been leasing some of the instruments used here, so I would wait till I had them again. But in retro perspective, then I won't change this piece at all anyway. The loud brass also makes sure that you don't go nuts from the constant background voices. It's a camouflage.

One thing I might change tho, in retro-retro perspective, is that the voice doubling is alligned left or right, I might center that. If I can find the work file

------------------
Old 01-08-2017, 01:35 PM   #4
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 41710

Not much I can add. I thought the brass and strings worked quite well for this track. It's quite different in style to what I normally listen to.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:40 PM   #5
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8497680
Thanked 6,135 Times in 4,406 Posts

I like the laid back, minimal percussion here. The cadence of the track feels a bit like a march, which is interesting.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:05 PM   #6
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

Cheers guys

Advertisements

------------------