Photek
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 12-18-2016, 09:02 PM   #1
DoomBrain
Regular Freak
DoomBrain has a spectacular aura aboutDoomBrain has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160
Photek

DNB Headz... everyone has a story and a nostalgia one or origin.

Photek for me, especially his early stuff really stands the test of time.

Modus Operandi, Form & Function and FFII were great albums, these tracks have the most complex beats, great synth sounds and depth that one can listen to.

I am sure there will be some fans on here (Apologies if this is a nooby post and there is many) but if not, I urge those to check it out.

Advertisements

DoomBrain is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 11:55 PM   #2
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8498030
Thanked 6,142 Times in 4,411 Posts
Re: Photek

Photek is defo a DnB OG. Im more a Goldie, Doc Scott, Dom and Roland, Dillinja, Bay B Kane, Ed Rush and Optical kinda guy myself.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 05:04 AM   #3
EasternSoul
Regular Freak
EasternSoul is on a distinguished road
Connecticut/New York, United States
MC Status: 10

Yeah, Photek is definitely one of the originals. There are a few original producers who have that quality like Hidden Agenda, Source Direct and early Adam F, J.Majik, Dillinja, Lemon D. Other than that Paradox, Seba, Nucleus, Fanu, Macc are some of the others that are some of the greats as well. There are too many to mention really.
EasternSoul is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 05:18 AM   #4
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternSoul View Post
Yeah, Photek is definitely one of the originals. There are a few original producers who have that quality like Hidden Agenda, Source Direct and early Adam F, J.Majik, Dillinja, Lemon D. Other than that Paradox, Seba, Nucleus, Fanu, Macc are some of the others that are some of the greats as well. There are too many to mention really.
Macc is a legit OG. I used to chat him up on DSF all the time, gave me a lot of solid advice early on. Really solid dude. So many other named there too. I think I would like to start picking up some reprints of these kinda dudes old tunes on vinyl.

Mampit Swift, at least as a DJ has blown my mind. I also rate a lot of Hospital Records stuff.

------------------
Old 12-19-2016, 07:04 PM   #5
DoomBrain
Regular Freak
DoomBrain has a spectacular aura aboutDoomBrain has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Photek is defo a DnB OG. Im more a Goldie, Doc Scott, Dom and Roland, Dillinja, Bay B Kane, Ed Rush and Optical kinda guy myself.
Respect to all those especially Dom N Roland.

Dom's earlier stuff was so epic especially Back For The Future & Through The Looking Glass. Some of the tracks on them albums really take your mind away.

I tend to lean towards the mark darker artists such as Tech Itch, SPL, Peter Kurten etc...sometimes too dark for some.

To be honest though, when it comes to the latest DNB artists I have no idea, I have probably missed out on the last 5 years of anyone new.
DoomBrain is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:07 PM   #6
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 141610
Thanked 2,832 Times in 1,713 Posts

He also did a couple of sexy-ass house tracks. I think I have some.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:22 PM   #7
relic
IDMf Supporter
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

I havent heard much DnB that blew my mind in the last five years. The only new stuff I listen to is from the Optimal Prime podcast.

Advertisements

------------------