Production help
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 12-16-2016, 02:44 AM   #1
PrinceReza
Regular Freak
PrinceReza will become famous soon enough
Auckland
MC Status: 60
Production help

Hi everyone

Currently at university, and have been producing music with shitty gear, pretty much a laptop and some headphones (no way near flat frequency response). I'm having trouble mixing tracks cause i don't believe the sound i hear is the true sound thats being generated, I'm pretty much using a lot spectral analysers and some sites that indicate where specific sounds should lie in the mix and just doing that to try and get something decent. I sent a snippet of a track to a radio station and they would like to have the full track which i haven't completed yet, is there anyone out there that can help on the mix down of the track. I prefer doing it myself so i can learn the fundamentals but i can't and would like to finish and release the track. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks guys

Last edited by PrinceReza; 12-16-2016 at 02:57 AM..

Advertisements

PrinceReza is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 04:10 AM   #2
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 94700
Thanked 1,868 Times in 1,245 Posts
Re: Production help

But like, does it sound bad? Nobody else knows what it's supposed to sound like - so if the end product sounds good, you win!

Listen to it on some different headphones/systems/speakers/whatevs. Get to know how what you have sounds compared to how you want it to sound.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:06 PM   #3
TheSampleThief
Analog Lurker
TheSampleThief is a glorious beacon of lightTheSampleThief is a glorious beacon of lightTheSampleThief is a glorious beacon of lightTheSampleThief is a glorious beacon of lightTheSampleThief is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

The answer is compare!

Compare your track with other tracks you like and really listen to how they sound.

Also, compare your track on as many different headphones, in-ears and speakers as possible.

------------------
TheSampleThief is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 02:34 PM   #4
Mctoast
Savage Mad Cunt
Mctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MC
MC Status: 38797

everyone knows you want charmless, sterile clean polish.

Yeah, comparing to other tracks is great, you hear how it sounds in your system and can match the mixing that way. I don't have any tips or neat tutorials, trust your ears I guess...

Advertisements

------------------
Mctoast is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote