Mac OS sierra?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 10-04-2016, 01:12 AM   #1
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 20210
Mac OS sierra?

Is anyone on that? It's the new OS X .
Any good, bad experiences?
Not upgrading yet as my computer is great as is right now but I am open to others mistakes or good experiences!

Advertisements

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:07 AM   #2
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 41710
Re: Mac OS sierra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
Is anyone on that? It's the new OS X .
Any good, bad experiences?
Not upgrading yet as my computer is great as is right now but I am open to others mistakes or good experiences!
I am still on Yosemite. It's unusual for me, but there were concerns around compatibility. NI outright stated that some of their older hardware simply won't work.
This is probably the biggest occupational risk for ITB producers.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:23 AM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 145810
Thanked 2,916 Times in 2,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
I am still on Yosemite. It's unusual for me, but there were concerns around compatibility. NI outright stated that some of their older hardware simply won't work.
This is probably the biggest occupational risk for ITB producers.
Hey, dude..stop po....sorry,LA.. thought you were somebody else there for a moment.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
jbvdb493 (10-04-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 03:28 AM   #4
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Hey, dude..stop po....sorry,LA.. thought you were somebody else there for a moment.
That was a little more than just one line lol!

------------------
Thanks to jbvdb493
A.M (10-04-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 05:36 AM   #5
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1523177
Thanked 1,699 Times in 1,111 Posts

dont do it, keep an eye on NI and Ableton's sites for compatibility news.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:43 PM   #6
foilmusiq
Granular Poster
foilmusiq has a spectacular aura aboutfoilmusiq has a spectacular aura aboutfoilmusiq has a spectacular aura about
Zg
MC Status: 210

If you don't need it do not do it, stick with the working oS
foilmusiq is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to foilmusiq
jbvdb493 (10-06-2016)
Old 12-24-2016, 12:26 PM   #7
Awentekr
Soundwave Mangler
Awentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud of
London
MC Status: 1260

Don't do it... my audio interface now doesn't work, everything takes 10x longer to load, constantly getting the spinning beachball which rarely happened with Yosemite and now everyt ime I try to bounce something Logic freaks out.
Hopefully it'll get better in the future.
Awentekr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:26 PM   #8
cane creek
Savage Mad Cunt
cane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MC
Middlesbrough
MC Status: 10529651

Im stuck on whatever OS i had when Apogee announced they gave up support for Duet firewire.

I think why should i have to buy a new sound card in order to upgrade my OS when theres nothing wrong with the one I've got.

Because of situations like this, I've been using MAC/Logic for 10 years but my next machine will probably be a PC.

------------------
cane creek is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:59 PM   #9
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 41710

That is the challenge of using a computer as a platform. Technology progresses roughly to Moore's law, tastes change, and hence new and more appealing GUIs are established, cloud services integrated, and so forth. After a grace period your old devices will lack the current standard connectivity and require drivers that are no longer supported. One should assume that at some point that will also be the case for USB. It'll be interesting to see what will happen then.

As for Sierra: I recently upgraded from Yosemite and the glitches I noticed with Maschine have gone away. It was a pretty uneventful upgrade and all seems to be working just fine. Older Macs have reported issues (Xeon chips, older OS X) if you have a mid 2012 Mac or newer and are upgrading from Yosemite, you'll be fine.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:59 PM   #10
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter

Ref. USB mac seem to have done away with that, and FireWire is long done and now so is thunderbolt in favour of USB C, which kinda pisses me off, buy a new mac equals buying a whole host of adapters and dealing with new issues!

Regardless, I am 50/50 on 2 ideas.
1 is going windows with a surface book and push
2 is going iMac and ditching the push for some faders and making music with hardware and only recording and mixing itb

Either way, the nearish future holds a new computer for this guy

Advertisements

------------------