Beat Battle 39 - Eno meets breakcore
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

View Poll Results: Beat Battle 39
Liquid Air - Music for mental wards. 1 100.00%
mnkvolcno - Shitty future. 0 0%
Chozo Tull - Somewhere things still... 0 0%
vzahmima - Hračka Závadu. 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2016, 11:24 PM   #1
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1820577
Beat Battle 39 - Eno meets breakcore

Quote:
THE CHALLENGE

The Battle Host must provide a sample set to be used for the battle. These samples are the only sound sources allowed, unless the Additional Rules for the battle state otherwise. The samples can be anything that the Battle Host has the right to distribute for non-commercial use.

The Battle Host must create three Additional Rules. These can allow or require additional sound sources, or impose any kind of new requirements.

THE CONTEST

Anyone can enter the Battle by posting a link to their entry in the Battle thread. Unless the Additional Rules state otherwise, any processing is allowed and the source samples need not be recognizable. The Host may disqualify any entry that does not meet either the general rules or the additional ones.

Once the submission deadline is reached, the winner is elected by posting votes in the same thread. Anyone is welcome to vote whether they participated or not. In case of a draw, the Host designates the winner between the submissions tied for first place.

THE DEADLINES

Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting on a Friday 16/09/2016.
Submissions close and votes open at 23:59 on the 11th day, Tuesday 27th September.
Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day Thursday 29th September.
The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day, Firday 30th September, to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

All times are UTC.

THE SAMPLES

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Rules:

1. The track can be scape, breakcore or a combo of both you decide...eno meets the fucked up sounds of ultra fast heavy distorted beats.

2. Only the samples provided to be used. They can be processed and there must be distortion which ever route you take...plenty of it. No other sounds to be implemented or vst instruments. As many vst effects as you choose are fine. THis is all about innovation and being resourceful without breaking the construct.

3. The track must be produced around a scenario. A place, a scene, a scenario.
Your mission is to take the listener to a place and tell a story with your sounds.

That's it.

Think smart, innovative and creative...take us on a journey voyeurs of sound.

Have fun mofos

Last edited by MFXxx; 09-16-2016 at 01:18 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
...from the adventures of IDM Forum collaborations and community projects.

Warning: DO NOT Press the Panda...even though you know you want too!!!
MFXxx is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
Valk (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 12:19 AM   #2
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 14960
Re: Beat Battle 39 - Eno meets breakcore

Oh yes I am definitely in for this set of rules !

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 12:39 AM   #3
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 41960

Shit! Wtf is scape?? Or breakcore? And how good are y'all at recognizing samples?

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
MFXxx (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 03:49 AM   #4
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13410

Awesome rules. This will be fun. Now where shall I try and take you.... Moria, Malon Prime, a fancy strip joint? hmmmm. excited!

***Just checked out the samples; sweet!

Last edited by vashima; 09-16-2016 at 03:54 AM..
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to vashima
MFXxx (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 07:11 AM   #5
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
Shit! Wtf is scape?? Or breakcore? And how good are y'all at recognizing samples?
HeeHee. Scape well it's a term I've used for a while. YouTubes your friend for Breakcore and Brian Enos your friend for scape . . Enjoy the journey.
Sample recognition....read historic BB threads . They're good at it. and generally reflected in the voting system 😘

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited by MFXxx; 09-16-2016 at 12:48 PM..

------------------

Old 09-16-2016, 12:50 PM   #6
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny

Ah, you mean ambient and jungle.

No Amen break?

------------------

Old 09-16-2016, 02:03 PM   #7
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
Ah, you mean ambient and jungle.

No Amen break?
Now u got it. Nearly dropped in an Amen but that was just too sporting. Enough in there to conjure up your magic Mr Liquid .

------------------

Old 09-16-2016, 03:05 PM   #8
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 24810

A scenario? Perfect I played a lot of sim city!

Hopefully I'll find time for this one. Was super busy and got sick as a dog out of nowhere this past week

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:07 PM   #9
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC

Mfxx... Pick the bpm of my track for me.

------------------
Thanks to mnkvolcno
MFXxx (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 04:09 PM   #10
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkvolcno View Post
Mfxx... Pick the bpm of my track for me.
For you 170 upwards 😇

------------------

Thanks to MFXxx
mnkvolcno (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 05:08 PM   #11
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

Was hoping you'd say that

------------------
Old 09-16-2016, 06:29 PM   #12
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
Corny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Now u got it. Nearly dropped in an Amen but that was just too sporting. Enough in there to conjure up your magic Mr Liquid .

Not sure about the magic part. I was just looking at Soundcloud stats and judging from it, I must be the opposite of King Midas. Listened to one of my last tracks I labored over and was like, aw hmm meh...

But I sure had fun making it, so whatever.

As for this here challenge... Gonna break out Ohmicide and Decimort as well as not so subtle saturator settings. Hope I find time and inspiration.

------------------

Old 09-16-2016, 06:41 PM   #13
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Soundcloud is not testiment to your music. You are and you're listeners. If you're happy making music then you are ok here.

------------------

Thanks to MFXxx
liquid_air (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 07:23 PM   #14
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho

Which samplers do you guys use? Hardware, plugins, or otherwise. I've been using kontakt5, BreakTweaker, and Battery4. Interested to see how you fellas go about sample manip.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:35 PM   #15
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 14960

Microgranny + reaper, might dig out a vst to get more precise options

But consider these rules I'll probably stick to the mg and its sweet crush knob

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:39 PM   #16
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

man.. I use whatever. I'm an FL studio guy and there are a lot of fun ways to mess with stuff in there. The built in slicer (slicex) is really awesome. I use the built in sample also, it's ok but pretty decent. Then there's another built in sampler called Directwave, which is like a stripped down version of Kontakt.

Sometimes i'll run a sample through an effects chain and then render that. Then I'll load that into a sampler. Sometimes I just throw audio into the playlist (kind of like audio/midi tracks in a regular DAW).

It's really whatever. I think a cool thing to do in BB's is just do every weird idea that comes into your head and keep rolling with it til you got a track on your hands.

------------------
Old 09-16-2016, 08:13 PM   #17
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
Corny

Maschine and then more Maschine

Octatrack and Audacity as of more recent

------------------

Old 09-16-2016, 09:25 PM   #18
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Same as Liquid...Maschine then bounce to Cubase sometimes back and forth again. Aggregated effects

------------------

Old 09-16-2016, 09:36 PM   #19
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
Corny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Same as Liquid...Maschine then bounce to Cubase sometimes back and forth again. Aggregated effects
Will update Maschine tonight. Some new sampler functions that should come in hand.

------------------

Old 09-16-2016, 09:42 PM   #20
vashima
Pocatello, Idaho

Nice! Maschine would be dope. @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, are you using audacity to prepare/edit the samples before sticking em in a sampler? That is what I do in pro tools. Build a handful of instruments for kontakt and then build a bunch of one-hits for breaktweaker and battery. You still using breaktweaker? It is such a CPU hog! I kinda have a hate/love relation ship with it. I miss using Cubase. That was my first legit DAW. After two years, Logic is finally working for me. I used to use reason and FL into cubase, I liked that workflow.

Advertisements