Any/Best way to sequence a full track in Reaktor?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:51 PM   #1
GomesR
IDMf Supporter
GomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MC
MC Status: 71974
Thanked 1,188 Times in 729 Posts
Any/Best way to sequence a full track in Reaktor?

So I know it's probably not going to be what I want to hear, but what is the best way to sequence a bunch of loops capable of creating an entire song in standalone Reaktor? Not quite as complex as a DAW sort of sequencer, but something that could do a whole songs worth of loops and samples after I've edited everything beforehand. It's kind of a bummer to have to open another program just to lay things out when I have everything else I need right where I'm at.

Right now I could just map a ton of 8Tapes to my controllers, but I need and want just a tiny bit more control.

Also I know what you might be thinking. "Just open Reaktor in a DAW, not as standalone". It just doesn't work for me. Sometimes I import ensembles to the point of 90% cpu use in one project. But it feels like every time I move recorded audio into another program or DAW that it has been slightly lowered in quality.

Maybe there is an .ens I could look into that somebody created in the library?

Thanks ahead of time for any help

Advertisements

------------------
GomesR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #2
GomesR
IDMf Supporter
GomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MC
Re: Any/Best way to sequence a full track in Reaktor?

I should also mention that I'm a member on NI forums but it's really hard to get help with things that aren't more technical on there. Last time I asked a question about using math modules, a member got really pissed at me and I ended up walking away with a link for a book called "Math is fun!", which basically showed me how to add four and four together. Then salamanderanagram told me not to be discouraged.

Also I saw a thread there that said that making a DAW-like sequencer would be too complex for reaktor, and, while I sort of agree, a very simple one should be possible no? Plus that was in 2009.

------------------
Old 05-12-2015, 08:33 PM   #3
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281249
Thanked 1,174 Times in 754 Posts

I've done full tracks in Reaktor before, but it's just been purely generative. I would probably chain sequencers together and have a song sequencer. I'd say cannibalize one of the instruments of its sequencer and integrate it into your ensemble.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to candlesayshi
GomesR (05-12-2015)
Old 05-12-2015, 08:37 PM   #4
GomesR
IDMf Supporter

Thanks Candle! I'll give that a shot when I get home.

------------------
Old 16-12-2015, 10:33 PM   #5
grinzler
Minor Glitch
grinzler has much to be proud ofgrinzler has much to be proud ofgrinzler has much to be proud ofgrinzler has much to be proud ofgrinzler has much to be proud ofgrinzler has much to be proud ofgrinzler has much to be proud ofgrinzler has much to be proud ofgrinzler has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1260

I'll be back in 30 posts to show my try at it. You probably didn't get my private message. How many posts before PM's are enabled?
grinzler is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to grinzler
GomesR (16-12-2015)
Old 16-12-2015, 11:22 PM   #6
GomesR
IDMf Supporter

Hey thanks grinzler, I got your pm, I'll take a look when I get home, I appreciate it!

------------------
Old 17-12-2015, 06:37 AM   #7
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281249
Thanked 1,174 Times in 754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinzler View Post
I'll be back in 30 posts to show my try at it. You probably didn't get my private message. How many posts before PM's are enabled?
I'll be watching for that. I'm curious to see this, as well.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 09:20 AM   #8
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744031291
Thanked 7,277 Times in 4,523 Posts

Take a look at some of the old instrument packs.
Krypt is old but comes to mind straight away. Probably needs a bit of tweaking to your liking.

------------------
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
GomesR (17-12-2015)
Old 17-12-2015, 10:31 AM   #9
grinzler
Minor Glitch
grinzler has much to be proud ofgrinzler has much to be proud ofgrinzler has much to be proud ofgrinzler has much to be proud ofgrinzler has much to be proud ofgrinzler has much to be proud ofgrinzler has much to be proud ofgrinzler has much to be proud ofgrinzler has much to be proud of

Reaktor 5 has Snapper Demo in the sequencer folder which could get it done. The Snapper inside of the Massive 1.1 ens has a couple extra features. Snapper could be used to trigger notes or loops instead of snapshots too. It has a bug where the numbers can't be seen which can be fixed by finding the multitext modules and changing the width from 10 to 11 pixels.
Thanks to grinzler
GomesR (17-12-2015)
Old 17-12-2015, 10:37 AM   #10
grinzler
Minor Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesayshi View Post
I'll be watching for that. I'm curious to see this, as well.
GomesR has the zippy link if he wants to make it public.
Old 17-12-2015, 06:29 PM   #11
GomesR
IDMf Supporter

But of course! Here's the link:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 17-12-2015, 09:05 PM   #12
grinzler
Minor Glitch

Thanks GomesR. The patch is for sequencing 4 bar samples (can be changed to 1 bar etc on the first instrument level). If Reaktors tempo doesn't match your samples or if your samples aren't the right length then the pitch will be off. I use lookup samplers so there are no sample maps. To replace the blank default samples, right click on the small dark boxes on the left. The button colors are changeable if you can be bothered. I borrowed the step sequencer from Twisted Tools chance freebie. Patch saved from Reaktor 6.0.1
This could be a community ensemble if anyone wants to add or suggest something.

Last edited by grinzler; 17-12-2015 at 09:26 PM..
Old 18-12-2015, 02:58 AM   #13
GomesR
IDMf Supporter

Grinzler has made the .ens compatable with 5.9,

------------------
Old 31-12-2015, 06:05 PM   #14
GomesR
IDMf Supporter

Here is a new update from Grinzler:

Oh and, an updated version, have a look at both if ya like

Last edited by GomesR; 31-12-2015 at 06:10 PM..

Advertisements

------------------